Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
Regarding battery usage issue:

Please, AFTER you install the new firmware, do these simple steps:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...bration-protip/

and then you can make some serious measurement :huh:

cheers

Sorry to be a naysayer, but "nay"...

I've tried this a good few times (used to do it every time I installed a new ROM but with the introduction of the CM7 nightlies I've bigger fish to fry) and I have to say I've been underwhelmed by the impact

If you feel it works for you then great, but I've kind of given up - I can always get through the day then charge overnight, which is all I need (except today, but I've been resetting a lot which has walloped the juice a fair bit)

TBH I've kind of given up on the idea of making any serious measurement of battery usage - I'd almost be as well off with 2 lights - one coming on to say "fully charged, unplug the charger", the other coming on to say "charge your phone NOW, it's virtually dead"

Guest Zythus

Oh man I failed so much.. I didnt knew, that clockwork restore ROM, not apps only... I needed to make next wipe data and installing n11.

Everything went great, and there is no google mail/ market icons etc.

And here comes the problem - how to install the gapps.

I used ROM Manager, and installed Clockwork by it - it says its 3.0.0.6 version. Then, I tried to install recovery manager, and it installed - but when I try to open it I get Force Close.

When I try to use Reboot in recovery from ROM Manager - it stops at green droid on screen. Only taking battery out helps. Volume down + power do not work too.

How to install android market? And I can't synchronize google account, only "exchange".

Hjalp!

Guest bugeyes
Thanx Rotmann & take it easy...

Any chance of one of the devs incorporating Ext2 A2SD support for Cyanogen....pleaassse :huh:

I suggest you do what i do and install darktremors app2sd zip its working fine with my ext2 partition and N11

darktremors apps2sd

i should point out you need to reinstall it after each nightly zip is installed. (i may be wrong here but its what i do and allways works for me)

Guest i am not a hacker

Frankish, pls help. im getting a blade soon. If i install this CM7 night 7.00 11, how do i get Overclock features. You provided a Zip, do i just install it with clockwork as well as this ROM?

Guest bugeyes
Frankish, pls help. im getting a blade soon. If i install this CM7 night 7.00 11, how do i get Overclock features. You provided a Zip, do i just install it with clockwork as well as this ROM?

No need, overclocking now works natively with nightly 11

Guest dadashi
I suggest you do what i do and install darktremors app2sd zip its working fine with my ext2 partition and N11

darktremors apps2sd

i should point out you need to reinstall it after each nightly zip is installed. (i may be wrong here but its what i do and allways works for me)

great, I'll try that...How do I install, just copy the files to system or SD...? There is no *.apk...

EDIT: OK, I see now....I have to use recovery....

Edited by dadashi

Guest IronDoc
Oh man I failed so much.. I didnt knew, that clockwork restore ROM, not apps only... I needed to make next wipe data and installing n11.

I used ROM Manager, and installed Clockwork by it - it says its 3.0.0.6 version. Then, I tried to install recovery manager, and it installed - but when I try to open it I get Force Close.

When I try to use Reboot in recovery from ROM Manager - it stops at green droid on screen. Only taking battery out helps. Volume down + power do not work too.

How to install android market? And I can't synchronize google account, only "exchange".

Hjalp!

Try 'reboot-recovery' in adb.

@Skymera: Yeah me too. They were a bit buggy in earlier nightlies as I said before so I reckon they're doing stuff to 'em.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest bugeyes
great, I'll try that...How do I install, just copy the files to system or SD...? There is no *.apk...

EDIT: OK, I see now....I have to use recovery....

enjoy!

Guest t0mm13b
i installed sdk, and its downloading alot of things.. waiting for it to end it's job, computer actually cant detect my phone :<

On the main forum (this is a sub-forum) there is a thread on the drivers for the blade.... download that and install it, then you should be good to go...

Guest doubleluckstur

My proximity sensor has rebroken itself with n11. Great :/

edit* restored back to n8 and proximity sensor definitely works. So n11 must not have blade's proximity sensor fix built in or something...

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest Rotmann
Quick questions:

What launcher is everyone using with this rom? I really like Laucherpro mainly because of the calendar widget.. but it runs somewhat slow..

After installing N11 somehow 2 applications were installed without asking me.. i think they were sincronized with my gmail account. But if they were why werent the other one? (n00b question huh?)

Thanks all :huh:

The smoothest for me was Gingerbread launcher of Steven Lin.

Just put N11 on and it won't even let me add an account. Try to add my Gmail account to pull down my contacts and it fails and keeps asking me to add an exchange account instead.

I give up with this rom now, back to FLB's R10 which works a dream.

Incredible how much time and effort people invest into backuping and restoring ROMs but can't properly read the first post.

Hjalp!

Restore your old ROM again and use titanium to back up ONLY USER APPS. Wipe, format system partition, flash the ROM and then the google apps, it will solve your problems.

My proximity sensor has rebroken itself with n11. Great :/

Apply the build.prop mod, users have reported it works. Or wipe and format system before updating, I've had some problems too updating directly from N8 to N11.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest doubleluckstur
...Apply the build.prop mod, users have reported it works. Or wipe and format system before updating, I've had some problems too updating directly from N8 to N11.

Care to share how to do this mod?

Guest Zythus

Rotmann, but its alot of work to do now! I configured everything.. and next wiping?

There is no other option to install gapps?

Computer found my devicee :/

Guest i am not a hacker
No need, overclocking now works natively with nightly 11

Really? It didnt say it can be overclocked on the ROM table. How high can it be overclocked to?

Guest Zythus

Typed "adb reboot recovery" in command line, and my phone is stuck on this green droid.

So, what is wrong? I need to restore to my stock ROM, make titanium backup "user apps", wipe everything one more time, and flash ROM?

;/

Guest bugeyes
Really? It didnt say it can be overclocked on the ROM table. How high can it be overclocked to?

yep its in cyanogen mod settings/performance settings/cpu settings , have mine running happily at 245 low and 710 high with the on demand governor, it does show up to 806MHz but almost certainly wont work that high.......BEWARE setting high and ticking set on boot!!!!!

Guest i am not a hacker
yep its in cyanogen mod settings/performance settings/cpu settings , have mine running happily at 245 low and 710 high with the on demand governor, it does show up to 806MHz but almost certainly wont work that high.......BEWARE setting high and ticking set on boot!!!!!

So if i do 806MHz, my phone will break? How much should i do for it to be stable? 750MHz?