CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Rotmann
Ok, it looks HDCRJacob pushed in the change into the kernel config... dunno when it will be out on the nightly build.... w00t....

Am I wrong or is this the one you found? Great work btw, congratulations! :(

Edited by Rotmann

Guest t0mm13b
Am I wrong or is this the one you found? Great work btw, congratulations! :(

Thanks :( It looks like it'll be in the next nightly.... poss RC2 on Sunday... not 100% sure judging by the irc channel for #zteblade... :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest css771
Ok, it looks HDCRJacob pushed in the change into the kernel config... dunno when it will be out on the nightly build.... w00t....

That's great news. :( Good going. Looking forward to the next nightly.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
That's great news. :( Good going. Looking forward to the next nightly.

Same procedure as every day (night) :(

HAHAH, Well, reactionary or what, eh? I but that was a derp, easy fix moment on his behalf :(

Guest t0mm13b
HAHAH, Well, reactionary or what, eh? I but that was a derp, easy fix moment on his behalf :(

lol!

true, his reaction was like 'FFFFUUUUU' when I told him... :(

Then a few minutes later he said it was to be pushed upstream AND that he had it already compiled on his end :)

Guest Pelemane
lol!

true, his reaction was like 'FFFFUUUUU' when I told him... :(

Then a few minutes later he said it was to be pushed upstream AND that he had it already compiled on his end :)

Haha nice work ;)

So what should this actually fix? :(

Guest t0mm13b
Haha nice work :)

So what should this actually fix? :(

Battery drain, basically the kernel was running ALL the time regardless, the CONFIG_CPU_IDLE enforces the kernel to go to sleep when there's nothing to do.... :(

It was switched off completely hence the drain on the juice as the kernel was constantly ticking away....

Edited by t0mm13b

Battery drain, basically the kernel was running ALL the time regardless, the CONFIG_CPU_IDLE enforces the kernel to go to sleep when there's nothing to do.... :(

It was switched off completely hence the drain on the juice as the kernel was constantly ticking away....

And, at last, an actual fix with real grounding. Are we getting this in N14, or does it have to be Gerrit'd?

Ah yea, cool that you've got a direct connection to get that sorta stuff pushed.

Guest mELIANTE

Nice! Great find, kudos :(

It makes me smile, it was just so simple. Sometimes those are the the hardest to find ^^

Now, if only someone could fix the apps2fat problem, it would be super! Anyway, as soon as a nightly comes with this fix, it's jumping into my Blades :)

Nice! Great find, kudos :(

It makes me smile, it was just so simple. Sometimes those are the the hardest to find ^^

Now, if only someone could fix the apps2fat problem, it would be super! Anyway, as soon as a nightly comes with this fix, it's jumping into my Blades :(

I thought it was fixed, as in, the fix in the second post is a fix, right?

Guest mELIANTE
I thought it was fixed, as in, the fix in the second post is a fix, right?

I'd consider that a workaround... I prefer not to meddle with those things :(

LOL. So just a dead simple overlook... :( happens even to the best.

Great job, t0mm13b!

Great finding, no doubt... Still, for me, it still needs two fixes: proximity sensor and wired headset in calls!

After that it will be an awesome rom!

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Sorry for asking since I really can't be bothered flashing nightly 12 but does it have the new profile support added? I've been testing it since it was first posted to gerrit and it's a bloody awesome feature!

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3016 if nobody knows what I'm on about!

Wow... I just had a look at that link and now I'm excited.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
I tried CM7 for the first time on my Orange San Francisco (TFT) using Nightly 12.

Car Home doesn't run (I did try re-installing from market?)

+1

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

The fix has been rolled into the blade's source, so we may be seeing this tonight, and therefore, we could have power-drain issue gone in as little as one hour. Now, it'd be nice to actually get the buildbot to work, so we can see status

Guest targetbsp
Sorry for asking since I really can't be bothered flashing nightly 12 but does it have the new profile support added? I've been testing it since it was first posted to gerrit and it's a bloody awesome feature!

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3016 if nobody knows what I'm on about!

I'd never actually noticed that feature was missing from Android! Quite a surprising omission now I think about. Certainly my last few feature phones have had similar features for years!

Totally looking forward to the battery drain fix. :(

Edited by targetbsp

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Some features that seemed to be easy and worthwhile additions to 2.2 ROMs:

1. Hardware acceleration

2. Distinct multitouch (enables rotation in google maps)

3. Assisted GPS (not quite as simple I don't think but still)

Am I right in saying that these would be easy enough to add to CM7? They were very useful features in JJ.

Guest t0mm13b

1. Hardware acceleration

Am I right in saying that these would be easy enough to add to CM7? They were very useful features in JJ.

May not be implemented as that source for CM7 has to cater for 24 devices including our very own blade... so what would work for the blade may not work for the other devices... :(

Guest Rotmann
+1

The workaround has been posted. Delete the app and extract the apk from a 2.2 ROM

The fix has been rolled into the blade's source, so we may be seeing this tonight, and therefore, we could have power-drain issue gone in as little as one hour. Now, it'd be nice to actually get the buildbot to work, so we can see status

That's it boys and galz, perfect Wednesday ROM!

1. Hardware acceleration

Hardware acceleration is enabled, the blade does not have multitouch but double touch, enabling it is not really usable and the assisted gps is enabled and can be disabled/enabled in the settings.

Guest t0mm13b
The workaround has been posted. Delete the app and extract the apk from a 2.2 ROM

That's it boys and galz, perfect Wednesday ROM!

Hardware acceleration is enabled, the blade does not have multitouch but double touch, enabling it is not really usable and the assisted gps is enabled and can be disabled/enabled in the settings.

w00t!!! +1 for perfect ROM... wouldn't worry about the rest of it... as long as battery drain is fixed up, then we can all put that to rest and focus on helping improving CM7 right? \o/ :(

Guest hedgepigdaniel

1. I stand corrected

2. True, and it is a little bit s***, but I thought having it enabled was better than it being disabled - It does give you the ability to do a few more things and i don't see any harm in it.

3. I'm running n12, and when I go to settings > Location and security, there are only two checkboxes under location: "use wireless networks" and "Use GPS satellites", not the "Use Assisted GPS" that I remember from JJ. Is the Setting somewhere else?

Guest Krinyo

Maps multitouch working, only rotating is disabled. Tilting needs two fingers too, and it's working. I don't know rotating why not, maybe some config problem...