CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
Well, doesn't necessarily have to be RC2, even a N13 would be nice ...

Think that's what Flib said - that one or the other would be coming in the next few days

Guest t0mm13b
I'm just wondering, is the RC2 actually coming today, or was it litterally just a rumour?

I was the one that pointed out that there was discussions whizzing by on irc wrt to RC2 between Tom G and HCDRJacob... :(

Guest The Soup Thief
I was the one that pointed out that there was discussions whizzing by on irc wrt to RC2 between Tom G and HCDRJacob... :(

So you were! Sorry for the misattribution. Have you heard anything more?

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Ah, I thought so(ish). It was either one of the F's (Frankish and Flib) or one of the Irish (You two :()

Guest t0mm13b
So you were! Is there any update?

Have no idea, 3G Mobile broadband is highly unstable on my end due to thunderstorms here.... connection is sporadic keeps timing out with dns not resolving intermittently and disconnecting each time :( so am missing the irc ... le sigh...

Guest Rotmann
It says Bladie is the pet form! :(

So what? It's still cute to my ears. Sorry if it is offending.

RC2 should be released today, TOM_G confirmed it yesterday on IRC. But you know how the stuff works, it's ready when it's ready :(

Live BREAKING NEWS from IRC:

Rotmann Hey guys, sorry if this has been discussed, any news on the status of RC2

HCDRJacob Rotmann, IF I can be arsed to build it

HCDRJacob you can have it today

Rotmann HCDRJacob: take your time, have a nice Sunday

Cohesion_Man jacob come on now

Rotmann Don't put any pressure on the man mates

Quu HCDRJacob: i demand my perfect rom

Rotmann Quu: build it yourself

Edited by Rotmann

Guest JimJam707

* JimJam707 is now know as LurkingJimJam707

Edit: Which one of you just dissed the Wednesday Joke?

Edited by JimJam707

Guest chimas
Today? Today? Yappay :( :( :) ;) ;) Hope no data wipe required, only cache and battery stats.

Okay here is a nOOb question. how do I wipe the battery stats?? and is the Delvik(sp) cache wiped with the normal cache??

Guest That-Guy
Okay here is a nOOb question. how do I wipe the battery stats?? and is the Delvik(sp) cache wiped with the normal cache??

In the Advanced section of Clockwork MOD :(

Guest The Soup Thief

Here's a guess from my imaginary world:

our most excellent devs TomG and HCDRJacob finished RC2 yesterday and have been alpha testing it overnight to check on the rate of battery drain

TomG (in Melbourne I think?) will be getting up soonish, supping a smoothy in his South-Yarra luxury penthouse maisonette, will exchange a few words over irc with HCDRJacob confirming that they have in effect developed the basis of perpetual motion in creating a cyanogendmod RC2 that uses NO POWER WHATSOEVER while also curing most terminal illnesses and sorting out Libya. TomG will then press the big red button with "upload" on it, and wonders will be unleashed unto our little chinese telephones :(

[f5][wait] ...the above fictional precreation has yet to happen

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest chall32
Here's a guess from my imaginary world:

our most excellent devs TomG and HCDRJacob finished RC2 yesterday and have been alpha testing it overnight to check on the rate of battery drain

TomG (in Melbourne I think?) will be getting up soonish, supping a smoothy in his South-Yarra luxury penthouse maisonette, will exchange a few words over irc with HCDRJacob confirming that they have in effect developed the basis of perpetual motion in creating a cyanogendmod RC2 that uses NO POWER WHATSOEVER while also curing most terminal illnesses and sorting out Libya. TomG will then press the big red button with "upload" on it, and wonders will be unleashed unto our little chinese telephones :(

post-618544-1299443208_thumb.jpg

.... push it!

Guest Blues003

I don't want to be the black sheep of all this enthusiasm, but is anything actually confirmed about the RC2? Not regarding it coming out, but regarding the fixes it'll have? What guarantees do we have regarding the proximity sensor, the random touchscreen issue, the random reboot issue, the battery life issue, the needing-to-transfer-apps-to-phone issue... ?

Once again, I'm not trying to be a douche, just trying to avoid massive disappointment in a few hours!

Guest The Soup Thief
I don't want to be the black sheep of all this enthusiasm, but is anything actually confirmed about the RC2? Not regarding it coming out, but regarding the fixes it'll have? What guarantees do we have regarding the proximity sensor, the random touchscreen issue, the random reboot issue, the battery life issue, the needing-to-transfer-apps-to-phone issue... ?

Once again, I'm not trying to be a douche, just trying to avoid massive disappointment in a few hours!

HERESY! HERESY! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!

Just kidding - obviously we've no guarantees. Just that these are two really smart lads doing the coding and they generally come up trumps. These things are always evolution, not revolution

RC2 will be a bit better than RC1 - hopefully loads better, but we'll just have to wait and see

It's all good fun though, eh? :(