CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest peterdalrymple

N13 is looking good so far battery wise.

Installed mine at 12.30, it's now 14.40 and still at 100% with wifi active and set never to sleep and the gps switch on.

Excellent work guys :(

Guest Watashi_PT
N13 is looking good so far battery wise.

Installed mine at 12.30, it's now 14.40 and still at 100% with wifi active and set never to sleep and the gps switch on.

Excellent work guys :(

wait. it can suddendly drop :(

Guest Tarot

Always when my phone is in sleep mode, I have such areas as a screenshot. Something makes phone to wake up and drain the battery. Perhaps the problem is not Cyanogenmod, a problem in Gingerbread.

post-809199-1299509842_thumb.png

Guest ppa123
Re: proximity sensor for N13.

It does work better than N12, i can at least get the screen to come back on after taking it away from my face. however it doesnt do it automatically i have to cover up the sensor with my thumb and take it away once or twice but the screen comes back on then.. better than taking the battery out!

It seems to work quite randomly... sometimes the screen comes on instantly and sometimes it takes up to 30s to wake up again. Or is it tied to the lenght of the call?

Guest Maz2011

I have installed N13 but the screen still blanks out after a call and does not come back on.

Other things seem to work OK and I havent had a touch-screen feeze since I installed it.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
When did we get the profiles thing? I hadn't noticed it until now if it was there. It's pretty cool.

Just newly introduced with N13

Guest Jekle

It was mentioned wayyyy back in this topic, what that thing you put in the build.prop to make the proximity sensor come back on instantly?

And congrats to Mr and Mrs/Miss Frankish on their baby!

Edited by Jekle

Guest simonckenyon
Always when my phone is in sleep mode, I have such areas as a screenshot. Something makes phone to wake up and drain the battery. Perhaps the problem is not Cyanogenmod, a problem in Gingerbread.

post-809199-1299509842_thumb.png

what did you use to generate that view?

in particular, showing when the phone was woken up.

i could not find this app on the market

Guest Pelemane
what did you use to generate that view?

in particular, showing when the phone was woken up.

i could not find this app on the market

lol it's settings->about phone->battery use and then touch that thing on the top.

I got second Blade for testing purposes.

My use one runs N11 with out any special tweaks. Other one runs N12 with that kernel tweak.

Last night both where in charger and at morning took both with me. I use daily TeamViewer remote and bit internet(about 1hour both today). Lost 30% battery during 9 hours at work. Not bad at all i think.

Now the problem is , my test one just sit there at my table , and it lost 31%, idle , well , thats bad. More that my laptop when screen closed :( .

Noticed that even thought i used my phone , it was awake less time during day than one that was just idling , and no one didnt play with it because its screen is reported to be closed whole time.

I just wonder what could use that much power.

Guest DonJamal

under the contacts press menu than display option ... i miss the local and sim contacts as it was on android 2.1

and i cant save the numbers to sim

it would be good if it would be available in the feature

Edited by DonJamal

Guest css771

Installed n13 after a complete wipe and battery life on standby seems to be as bad as ever. The phone just refuses to go to sleep. There are large areas of awake time when the screen was not on, same as with all other nightlies. So with or without the cpu idle set in the kernel, the phone is not going to sleep.

Guest jasonXXx
Of course its stable -.- im using it every day :(

Got N13 already :(

Lol random reboots and touch freez bad battery to me is now stable.

Guest targetbsp

With regards to the battery life and Gingerbread 2.3.3... has everyone already forgotten that it sucked before CM7 was 2.3.3? :(

Guest ootyposoo

I got problem!

I have installed 2 different Custom Roms until now for Froyo 2.2, but every time I try any of the 2.3 Custom ROMs it just wont work, I do the same procces with any of the other ROMs Ive tryed, and I get an error at the clockwork menu about a status 7 or I dont know, any help? :/

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I got problem!

I have installed 2 different Custom Roms until now for Froyo 2.2, but every time I try any of the 2.3 Custom ROMs it just wont work, I do the same procces with any of the other ROMs Ive tryed, and I get an error at the clockwork menu about a status 7 or I dont know, any help? :/

What version of Clockwork are you using?

Needs to be the modified 3.0.0.5 for this or 3.0.0.6 :(

Guest The Soup Thief
With regards to the battery life and Gingerbread 2.3.3... has everyone already forgotten that it sucked before CM7 was 2.3.3? :(

Good point well made

You were right about Jacob just signing off for a few hours' kip last night, rather than signing off from this project (least, that's the way I understood him too)

Phone's been in my pocket from 100% charge 8 hrs ago, data and wifi off in switchpro - now 84% - haven't touched it and it used 16% in 8 sleepy hours

Not terrible, but not great and broadly consistent with the other findings reported above

Mostly Android System and Cell Standby according to Battery Use in About Phone

Jekle - the buildprop thing was:

put "mot.proximity.delay=150" into the build.prop file

No point adding it though as it doesn't work, which is why it was taken from the first post

In answer to andyks this morning I said that the camera's autofocus works on a 3.2mp blade - true it does, but it now has the option to zoom with volume buttons. Well, it claims to; actually its an option to force close if you press the volume rocker... not so good...

I liked this idea from chall32

Have my suspicions that proximity sensor issue and battery drain are linked some how. Remember the old "Turn to mute" issue? http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e-dialer-issue/ (for those not into what seems like ancient history now)

Except the drain isn't showing up as an app in battery history. No real substantial evidence for this other than we have seen battery drain due to sensors previously. Fix the proximity issue and battery life will improve.

As I say it's just a suspicion, that's all.....

"...it's like deja vu, all over again..."