PLEASE HEEEEELLP

Guest omnimen

Guest omnimen

I bought a second hand samsung omnia II 2 gb and it has WM 6.5 with samsung defaults add ons and samsung menu style that i hate it and i wanna to flash it a WM 6.1 rom that is a clean and removed samsung style menus so i found a rom called 20100721 Sinan i8000 JF5 WM61 UltraLite 8mb PP.nb0 but unable to flash it i am completely a noob about samsung omnia 2 flashing but i used and flashed many pocket pc like HP IPAQ 6325 , O2 XDA ATOM , AND O2 XDA FLAME but i cant flash OMNIA 2 I8000

WHAT I DID

1 - i am using win 7 x64 so i download x64 usb driver and installed

2 - i installed samsung cda modem driver

3 - i installed octans downloader and set the compability winxp sp3 and run as administrator

4 - i turn off my I8000 and install 64 bit driver and takeout the omnia2

5 - i run octan downloader and chose PDA OPTION and then clicked detect button

6 - then i connect my I8000 as turned on to my laptop (no usb hub) tested every port

7- i detect the ı 8000 but start button doesnt activate

I WATCHED THE FLASHING VIDEO ON YOUTUBE 10 TIMES BUT I CA NOT FLASH MY OMNIA

SO WHAT I DID I DID NOT SUCSEED TO FLASH IT , ARE THERE A EASY WAY TO MAKE MY I8000 FROM WM6.5===>WM 6.1

WITHOUT USING OCTAN DOWNLOADER AND USB DRIVERS ? ARE THERE ANY APPLICATION TO MAKE IT EASIER ?

PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE IT TO FLASH 20100721 Sinan i8000 JF5 WM61 UltraLite 8mb PP.NB0 OR ANY BEST 6.1 ROM IF YOU KNOW BETTER THEN THIS

TY

Guest omnimen

and i forgot to say i already did restart win7 x64 bit with F8 and chosed disabe driver signature enfoecer

and do i need on octan downloader a EBOT.NB0 FILE AND A CSC FILE ( LANGUAGE PACK) ?

BECAUSE THE SUPLIER OF THE ROM (SINAN) DOES NOT GIVE THESE FILES

ONLY ROM FILE

PLEASE HELP ME TO FLASH

Guest CalvinH

Just a little patience man!

Maybe the people who viewed your post couldn't be of any help (same as me) and so they didn't answer your post. Besides this is a forum, so it is not: I put a question and I have it answered in no time. Some people only checks once a day, and maybe someone will be coming who will help you.

But I think you you should have a little patience. If you don't, maybe the only thing you will do is upsetting someone who was thinking of helping you after reading the first post.

Well, about your question, as I said before, no help from here. I think the best way to flash is using Octans. I have used it lots of times without any problems (WXp). If you have the chance, maybe you could try in a computer with WXp.

Regards.

Guest francis_fds

Omnimen,

You need to reinstall the driver. Try the following -

When device is switched off and then connected, open device manager.

Right click on the i8000 device - update driver software and then select the driver from the 64 bit driver folder you have.

Let it install.

When you reconnect the handset and follow the flashing steps, the device would get detected and start would be activated/

Francis

Guest omnimen

Dear friends,

firstly i would like to say thank you to all who replied and who does not replied and

dear, francis_fds

i had tried before what u said (every restart i connect my omnia and reinstall the usb driver that supplied for flashing ) but,

what i did not tried is i did not show to the octan downloader a EBOOT.NB0 and CSC LANGUAGE FILE

are these files is optional to install during flashing or these files are needed to be flashed with the rom file (wm 6.1 os)

if so any csc file or eboot file is compitable to any rom ? and if so where i can download them cause the rom supplier does not include these files

please help me to flash my omnia with best wm 6.1 os that u highly recommended with out samsung menues

Guest Dwarlor

check this post:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...7/#entry1111909

This did it for me...

Quote: Note*: You will need to re-install the driver everytime if it is not the correct version after a reboot.

This was the case for me, so after each restart of windows-7 I have to reinstall the driver. Maybe this is the case for you also?

Hope this helps..

Guest francis_fds

Hi Omnimen,

1) Does the "Samsung MITs USB Sync" reflect under mobile devices? (screenshot attached)

2) Are you connecting the handset to computer only after clicking detect?

3) Try moving the rom file to a generic folder like perhaps the root of some drive, instead of a system folder,

I am not sure if latest eboot, csc and phone would be needed for flashing a 6.1 rom, but i have always ensured that I have the latest eboot, csc and phone installed. Latest versions are downloadable at this link - http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-i8000nxjj1/

Also, sorry I might not be much help for the best ROM of 6.1 as its been very long since I used those. I generally always tend to have the latest version on my handset, which presently is the 6.5.3, build 28244.

One thing that might be interesting to note is that the stock 6.1 ROM performs very well, sometimes was even better than the custom roms I had flashed. And if am not mistaken, I guess you could find apps that could give you the kind of menus or other changes you looking for.

Regards,

Francis

Dear friends,

firstly i would like to say thank you to all who replied and who does not replied and

dear, francis_fds

i had tried before what u said (every restart i connect my omnia and reinstall the usb driver that supplied for flashing ) but,

what i did not tried is i did not show to the octan downloader a EBOOT.NB0 and CSC LANGUAGE FILE

are these files is optional to install during flashing or these files are needed to be flashed with the rom file (wm 6.1 os)

if so any csc file or eboot file is compitable to any rom ? and if so where i can download them cause the rom supplier does not include these files

please help me to flash my omnia with best wm 6.1 os that u highly recommended with out samsung menues

post-632712-1299269157_thumb.jpg