Just got the i8000, need help

Hi!

I'm from Canada and I recently picked up the i8000 model of omnia 2. I have a few questions I want to ask, they may be noob questions but i'm finding it extremely difficult trying to google questions about this phone so hopefully someone can help me out here:

1) The phone seems to be very laggy, just checking emails and sms seems to be difficult since it lags and takes awhile before anything loads properly. I have NOT updated the firmware before, would updating to 6.5 speed up the phone? And if it does, I was wondering how I would be able to update and are there official updates?

2) I was wondering how I can install different language inputs into this phone (specifically Korean), are there seperate packages I'd have to install?

Thanks for the help! and sorry if these questions seem childish but I appreciate the help :(

Guest Speedfrog

1. you can install official roms, but it will still be laggy (here is the latest ROM JJ1) follow this guide to install the ROM, if you have win7 follow this guide. you can also install/flash custom roms which are lighter than official roms, not all the samsung programs are included. look here for lite roms and generally other roms. They will be faster.

2. you can only change to language on official roms, but on my omnia 2 i cant change to Korean. go to samsung settings-General settings-Language Change and see which langauges that you can change to if you are on a official rom.