YAUDIG. USB driver guides for newcomers. It works!

Guest simonta

Guest simonta
Thanks a ton. Bought a Vega today as I want to look into app development (can't afford Ipad/phone yet) and was struggling sorting the USB driver out. Followed your PDF and worked first time. :mellow:

Now to start using this thing as an Ebook reader, then touch screen app tester! :o

Glad it worked for you. Now you have the horrors of Java and Eclipse to look forward to :-)

Cheers

Guest jimmy191
Glad it worked for you. Now you have the horrors of Java and Eclipse to look forward to :-)

Cheers

Well I did Java in Uni for a few early modules, then some game programming in C#, currently going back learning C++. Getting fed up of not getting anywhere and always reading never making... so hoping to try making some shiny fun stuff for android on the vega. :mellow:

Spent the wole day screwing about with it so far setting it up with the right apps, lol.

Guest budgie74

ihave got so far yet seem tobe missing the final touch i am running win7 my vega was in v1.10 have changed to v1.09 am at the point in device manager where i have android phone showing with exclamation mark i have unintalled and deleted added legacy hardware yet still get the same i do apologise i am not the most technical person in the world yet can usually follow instructions and get things done any help is gratefully appreciated many thanks

Guest Johnp1
hmm i removed the android adb interface a few times, disabled firewal, reconnected usb in debug mode, uninstalled the usb storage, and installed the legacy hardware again.....still got the code 10 warning and exclamation mark when installed but i noticed that the adb server was not running in the task manager

so i ran vegatools went to ADB USB tab started usbdeview tried to remove all nvidia drivers but it didnt uninstall but adb.exe was in task manager now.....soooo i just ran install-windows.bat aaand this time it worked lol

installed fine from what i can tell hahaa except two devices show up see pic ! i assume i can remove the one with the exclamation mark

ahhh phew i understand now why so many noobs are at their wits ends ! and probably alot of u regs too who try to help lol

unledflb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi, first post on the forum. I have the same problem with vista 64 bit. Where is vegatools and what do you do to get the batch file to work. Description in easy to understand single sylables if poss as I am hard of thinking when it comes to IT.

PS I also tried to load the software from a XP laptop. All seems well as per SOMONATA's PDF file but when I try to load the mcr the laptop does not seem to recognise the vega is connected?

Help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

John

Guest simonta
Hi, first post on the forum. I have the same problem with vista 64 bit. Where is vegatools and what do you do to get the batch file to work. Description in easy to understand single sylables if poss as I am hard of thinking when it comes to IT.

PS I also tried to load the software from a XP laptop. All seems well as per SOMONATA's PDF file but when I try to load the mcr the laptop does not seem to recognise the vega is connected?

Help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

John

Reboot your PC and Vega. Don't just put the Vega to sleep, reboot it.

Guest TimboDavis

I'd like to say a big thanks for the procedure write-up Si!

It helped me and it's helped a couple of friends of mine too. There are so many folks on this forum, in fact site, that are willing to give up their time to help others - it's brill!

Thanks again!

Guest simonta

It helped me and it's helped a couple of friends of mine too. There are so many folks on this forum, in fact site, that are willing to give up their time to help others - it's brill!

Thanks again!

You're most welcome. Enjoy the improvements!

Guest simonta

Thanks again!

You're most welcome. Enjoy the improvements!

Guest 3110neil

Hi

I Have been looking at replacing my damaged laptop (accident) so was going for the vega ,but when reading about roms and such ,thought not for me ,until this post ,so simple ,im lucky to have 3 laptops ,xp ,vista and windows 7 (64bit) so which one to use on the vega ,thanks neil

sorry which version of vega should be on v1.09orlater or doesnt it matter

Edited by 3110neil

Guest Dave Marchant
Hi

I Have been looking at replacing my damaged laptop (accident) so was going for the vega ,but when reading about roms and such ,thought not for me ,until this post ,so simple ,im lucky to have 3 laptops ,xp ,vista and windows 7 (64bit) so which one to use on the vega ,thanks neil

sorry which version of vega should be on v1.09orlater or doesnt it matter

It doesn't matter what version, there are instructions on www.myadventvega.co.uk to get the device to 1.09 from any other ROM version or release. !.09 was the official version with Flash, but there may also be 1.10 around (not sure of differences). There are some 1.08 systems which may still ship from Dixons which are the ones without Flash and you do the update yourself.

Guest 3110neil

Hello

Havnt yet bought one yet ,keep changing mind ,whats your advice on the vega ,dont worry i will need as you so a wee leg up at some point thank you for the post ,it should help no end of newbies lol

Guest simonta
Hello

Havnt yet bought one yet ,keep changing mind ,whats your advice on the vega ,dont worry i will need as you so a wee leg up at some point thank you for the post ,it should help no end of newbies lol

Hi, sorry, that wasn't meant as a response to you, I just get bored with typing "bump" :P

But as you ask:

Are there better tablets? Yes

Are the tablets that provide better value for money? Nowhere near.

If you like to customise and tinker; if you don't mind fiddling around to get things just so; if you are happy to wait for Honeycomb and accept that it might arrive tomorrow, it might never arrive; it you want a great little machine that you can pick up and be surfing or tubing or emailing in seconds then the Vega is unbeatable. Great little tool.

If any of the above bug you, then Asus Transformer seems to be the next best thing.

If you don't mind people telling you what to do with your property, don't care about evolution of technology and you don't mind the idea of lining Apples pockets for ever, then iPad. (oops, personal preferences bleeding through)

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Just bought Vega and upgraded to r8 using the provided info on this thread. Great job. Using Win 7 64bit and

had minor probs installing as walk through is not exactly the same on my PC but as long as I found ADP

everthing was ok from there. Many thanks to the provider of this walk through and to Paul for his mod.

Stransky

(Douglas)

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest timhow

Hi, I've been trying to update my Advent Vega to the "r8-vega-update-modaco........-unsigned" mcr that alllows access to the Android MArket. I've been trying to get this sorted out for the best part of a week and still struggling.

Basically I am suffering from the "code 10, could not open" error, and despite reading as many threads on here cannot get this resolved. The guides that simonta has put together are great, but I'm still stuck...

I have removed the drivers, reinstalled, power cycled tge Vega and the PC without any success. I've uploaded the latest 1.10 ROM from the Myadventvega site, and then tried the

I've tried deleting drivers for "USB MAss Stoarge Devices" etc, forced the "Add legacy Hardware" etc and I'm struggling now...

I have the yellow triangle with exclaimation mark against the "Android Composite ADB Inetrface" and I can't seem to resolve this. I've tried to dowload drivers from both XP and Vista machines and folowed the different methodologies listed in the guides for each, but still with the same error.

I hope this is a really simple resolution and I'm prepared to look foolish to get this resolved. I've promised my 5 year old son Angry Birds on the Vega and he's getting impatient :P

Thanks in advance

Tim

Edited by timhow

Guest simonta
Hi, I've been trying to update my Advent Vega to the "r8-vega-update-modaco........-unsigned" mcr that alllows access to the Android MArket. I've been trying to get this sorted out for the best part of a week and still struggling.

Basically I am suffering from the "code 10, could not open" error, and despite reading as many threads on here cannot get this resolved. The guides that simonta has put together are great, but I'm still stuck...

I have removed the drivers, reinstalled, power cycled tge Vega and the PC without any success. I've uploaded the latest 1.10 ROM from the Myadventvega site, and then tried the

I've tried deleting drivers for "USB MAss Stoarge Devices" etc, forced the "Add legacy Hardware" etc and I'm struggling now...

I have the yellow triangle with exclaimation mark against the "Android Composite ADB Inetrface" and I can't seem to resolve this. I've tried to dowload drivers from both XP and Vista machines and folowed the different methodologies listed in the guides for each, but still with the same error.

I hope this is a really simple resolution and I'm prepared to look foolish to get this resolved. I've promised my 5 year old son Angry Birds on the Vega and he's getting impatient :P

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hi Tim

You're probably going to hate me for this, but you have your Vega booted normally and USB Debugging turned on? If so, and still no joy, search for AUDI and try that tool. It attempts to do what this guide does automagically.

Failing all that, I could connect to your PC remotely and do it for you...

Cheers

Simon

Edited by simonta

Guest timhow
Hi Tim

You're probably going to hate me for this, but you have your Vega booted normally and USB Debugging turned on? If so, and still no joy, search for AUDI and try that tool. It attempts to do what this guide does automagically.

Failing all that, I could connect to your PC remotely and do it for you...

Cheers

Simon

Simon, I may well take you up on that offer!! :P - I have got the Vega in debug mode. I have continued to try to get this sorted and have now managed on my Vista laptop to get a Composite UDB Interface without the yelllow triangle (but I also had one with!!) - I deleted the one that had the yellow triangle and tried to run the install script, but it then hung on "creating symlinks" .

This has left my Vega in no man's land really as it just displays the android logo in green, and won't power up fully, but I'm rebooting the laptop for one last go with the install script (and hope that Device Manager find the composite entry all OK).

Device manger did also find the USB storage device under the USB devices and a composite device too - perhaps I have device / driver conflcit?

I don't think the script will work now and I'll need to go back and restart with the new ROM 1.10 - or should I go back to 1.09?

Thanks for your help

Tim

Guest timhow

I did reboot and retry it, but that yellow triangel was back when I'd installed the driver - now going for a full restart with 1.10 and will do a search for the AUDI tool.

Thanks

Guest timhow

Well.... I've managed to solve the problem............ but only by digging out an old XP laptop and starting back from reflashing the ROM 1.10 version. Not really sure what the problme was, but I used my HP laptop with Vista and seemed to have driver / device contention issues.

.... - it went straight through (with a reboot between the ROM download and the r8 upgrade)..

Thanks to Simon for the great guides and for the comments today.

I'm a happy boy for sure.

Many thanks

Tim