[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi,

W-lan now working.

I wonder why, couldn't see anything with w-lan in the "changed list".

Good work cold_coffe :D

Thank you.

Greets from Germany, Bully.

That's because I haven't changed anything about the Wifi. It worked fine for me in RLS2 and still works fine. No idea why it didn't work in RLS2 for you.

Guest Blejder

Can someone explain me what AHB bus overclocking really is?

How big are performance benefits?, and is there big battery drain, because of it?

Tnx :D

Edited by Blejder

Guest kallt_kaffe
Can you set the cpu speed in an ini file anywhere without having to use an app?

There's a script in /system/etc called qcom.post.boot.sh or similar that you can use.

Guest skymera

Here's your problem:

D/funkyFreshSamba:( 1334): writeSambaConfig():getWifiName() returned:

D/funkyFreshSamba:( 1334): Unable to determine WIFI interface. Installation cannot continue. Bailing out!

Guest kallt_kaffe
@KK

Is there any changes made to the framework-res.apk or the services.jar? Just asking as i have modified them on RLS2.

No such changes. Basicly it's RLS2 + GMail fix + some apps and the rest is just kernel/performance tweaking. So themes for RLS2 should work without modification on RLS3.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Can someone explain me what AHB bus overclocking really is?

How big are performance benefits?, and is there big battery drain, because of it?

Tnx :D

According to benchmarks made with the advanced (paid) version of Quadrant it increases the speed of memory access. I does make a difference in Quadrant Standard (10%-ish) and I suppose it might increase battery usage but it's nothing that I've noticed.

However, not all phones (but most) runs stable when you overclock the AHB bus.

Guest jasonXXx
According to benchmarks made with the advanced (paid) version of Quadrant it increases the speed of memory access. I does make a difference in Quadrant Standard (10%-ish) and I suppose it might increase battery usage but it's nothing that I've noticed.

Thanks for fast replay in this case above is there any chance you can do a 50% AHB at over 600 like RLS2? thanks.

Guest geonik

hello and thank you for RLS2!

I'm currently downloading the rls3. Do i have to wipe data/cache after installing RLS3 and if I install aosp contacts wipe again?

The procedure I follow is:

1.Remove battery then put it back again

2.install SS rls2 from zip

3. wipe cache, wipe data

4.reboot and let the phone boot normal for the first tme

5.reboot in recovery

6. install overclocked, Hardware accelaration, aosp addons

and reboot

Can you confirm that I'm doing it right?

And last.. is there an option not to charge the phone when connecting it with usb in the pc?

Thank you so much for your time!

Edited by geonik

Guest Blejder

Thanks! :D

Everything seems to work fine in RLS3 ( pretty snappy:) ), only the Wi-Fi speed is still slow (1.5-2 Mbps, on 6Mbps connection).

Regards

Guest Blejder
5.56Mbps on 6Mbps

work fine

Maybe it works fine for you, but i saw at least 3 or 4 complains for Wi-Fi speed in RLS2, and nothing changed in RLS3...

Guest targetbsp

Pretty much the best feature of Cm7 is that it is actually capable of keeping the notification LED lit when the phone is asleep. So you don't have to have NoLED or tasker anymore draining keeping the phone awake if you miss a call or text. Is this something that's possible to add to Swedish Spring or does it need Gingerbread?

Anyone else having problems flashing Frankish themes on R3

Forget that,working now.

Was using different recovery

Flashed latest version,all sorted

Nice Rom K.K,very smooth.

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp
Anyone else having problems flashing Frankish themes on R3

I flashed on Gingerbread Battery circle no problem after upgrading from 2 to 3 (no wipe). Did you remember you have to let the phones boot once after flashing a rom before flashing a theme? (Or at least you used to have to do that so I still do. :D )

Edited by targetbsp

Guest funiewski
Pretty much the best feature of Cm7 is that it is actually capable of keeping the notification LED lit when the phone is asleep. So you don't have to have NoLED or tasker anymore draining keeping the phone awake if you miss a call or text. Is this something that's possible to add to Swedish Spring or does it need Gingerbread?

This one works best for me http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...minder-jqt.aspx

Very small battery drain and phone is sleeping properly I think.