[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest ufoman

It sucks not to be able to activate WiFi and Bluetooth in airplane mode... it's possible in CM7, even in Symbian :D

KK, is it possible to get it working on Froyo?

Guest kallt_kaffe
It sucks not to be able to activate WiFi and Bluetooth in airplane mode... it's possible in CM7, even in Symbian :D

Yes, it can be fixed. I'll have a look at it.

Guest hugobosslives
anyone has RLS2, so i can update it wih RLS3 with no wipe?

I really want to sort this wifi error.

yep should be okay.

try it (and if something does happen just restore your current rls2....)

Guest pan05

Is there anything we can do to increase the battery life a little bit?

Using only hw ui acceleration addon, no ahb bus overclock). I've already set max cpu speed at 600 MHz.

Thanks,

Guest Pakatus
yep should be okay.

try it (and if something does happen just restore your current rls2....)

Yes but i wanted to install RLS2 before :D but i dont have it..

anyone has a mirror?

Guest dadashi
Is there anything we can do to increase the battery life a little bit?

Using only hw ui acceleration addon, no ahb bus overclock). I've already set max cpu speed at 600 MHz.

Thanks,

I'm using "powersave" governor in no-frills CPU but it's super slugggish... it's ok in standby mode for longer battery life but no good for surfing and normal usage, I change to "smartass" when I need to...

Edited by dadashi

Nice ROM. But Sony Ericsson Arc launcher (modyfied 800 x 480 version) doesn´t work (cannot install):/ On FBL 11 works well. Anyone else trying install these launcher?

Where did you get arc launcher ?

Guest Baltar

Don't know if this is the best thread, but I'm trying to download the code from GIT

mkdir -p zte_blade_kk/bin

mkdir -p zte_blade_kk/android/system

cd zte_blade_kk

curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo > bin/repo && chmod a+x bin/repo

PATH=$PATH:~/android/zte_blade_kk/bin/

cd android/system/

repo init -u git://github.com/kalltkaffe/blade-kernel.git

This is the output (only the last lines)

Getting manifest ...

from git://github.com/kalltkaffe/blade-kernel.git

remote: Counting objects: 33163, done.

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (29646/29646), done.

remote: Total 33163 (delta 3180), reused 33048 (delta 3116)

Receiving objects: 100% (33163/33163), 92.33 MiB | 516 KiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (3180/3180), done.

From git://github.com/kalltkaffe/blade-kernel

* [new branch] master -> origin/master

From git://github.com/kalltkaffe/blade-kernel

* [new tag] original-zte -> original-zte

* [new tag] swedish-spring-rls3 -> swedish-spring-rls3

Checking out files: 100% (31516/31516), done.

fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available

fatal: manifest default.xml not found

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Guest Ralph Martin

Surely the whole point of airplane mode is to turn off all radios, whatever the other settings say? I don't understand this request.

I'd rather airplane mode worked as it does now - which I am sure is as intended.

Guest vrwmiaris
Yes i noticed this.

setcpu is much better and the widget looks cool.

Its always best to not set your clock speeds for boot untill its stable,which is 710 for me.

Also setcpu allows to set different profiles,so hands down setcpu.(which was free over at XDA,not sure if thats still the case)

this means i should use setcpu and leave nofrills away?every time i open my phone i have to open nofrillscpu?setcpu starts automatic when i open my phone?

Guest Superfuzz
Surely the whole point of airplane mode is to turn off all radios, whatever the other settings say? I don't understand this request.

I'd rather airplane mode worked as it does now - which I am sure is as intended.

It's not intended to turn off all radios, that's just the default. You can configure it to only turn off some of them.

Guest css771
The kernel sources for RLS3 is now available on github. Link in first post.

I just ran a diff on the cm7 and SS smartass freq files and it looks like there are a whole lot of differences in the code, not just the freq. :D

Edited by css771

Guest ufoman
Yes, it can be fixed. I'll have a look at it.

Awesome! I'm using my Blade as a Internet-interaction device (I have a prepaid SIM with data plan, can only receive SMS, no calls whatsoever), so disabling radio and being able to still enable WiFi is a great feature to have. Also, as much as CM7 is awesome, it still lacks a couple of nice features, and nightlies can be really broken at times, so a good 2.2 ROM is always handy.

I'm looking forward to RLS4 and further releases.

Guest ufoman
I just ran a diff on the cm7 and SS smartass freq files and it looks like there are a whole lot of differences in the code, not just the freq. :D

SS smartass works as intended, it doesn't cause framerate drops and properly manages the clock speed.

Guest Carbonize

Any plans to change the widget picker app? The one in FLB merges multiple widgets for a single app in to a single entry in the list but with the one in this you get a single entry for every version of the widget. With something like Elixir you get a large list to scroll through.

Other than that a great rom.

Guest Smiff2

couple of quick Qs please:

can this (ROM and addons) be installed with Clockwork 2.5.1.8?

and if not (slightly OT but important) can Nandroid backups made with CW 2518 be restored with CW 3.x ?

also a link in first post on how to repartition to 128MB would really useful

thanks!

Edited by Smiff2

Guest gomes29

Hi, first i wanna congrats kallt_kaffe for this amazing ROM. I have tried FLB, MCR, JJ and lately CM7 and I'm pretty sure that this ROM is the most complete and stable (because of CM7 issues of course).

I just have one issue after flashing the ROM: I cant download anything from the market, the app start downloading and after a second it stop without any error or something. I google about that but its everything okay with gmail and it synchronizes well so im not sure if the issue is related with google account... Thanks for attention, waiting some help.. Best Regards!

Guest Filipe Catalao

Hi. How can I download the '' HTC '' Launcher2.apk for this ROM? Like on FLB. The only big and good difference is less lag and the virtual visual of a ''cube'' in menu icons... It came by default in FLB ROM, but pushing that launcher2.apk to this ROM, the screen goes black and do nothing :S (no icons, nothing). P.S. Using Root Explorer to have the permition to write on system/app folder.

Can someone help me?

Guest anewman

Wifi issues here but I'm a complete noob to android from today. Tried setting fixed IP too. Keeps saying Scanning... Connecting... Disconnected

It has worked on occasions.

Guest limawhiskey

Is there any info about how A2SD works for SS3? I was using Link2SD with SS2 but it no longer works with SS3 - for some reason the script it tries to create to mount the ext partition no longer works.

Is it possible with the native A2SD to see which apps are linked to the ext partition of my sd card and how much space there is used / remaining on the internal and ext storage?

Edited by limawhiskey

it is easy to fix the WiFi error if it is disconnecting and not connecting at all

fix by searching the modaco form

deleting or renaming /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

I don't have this file, not even the folder "misc"... any idea how to solve the wifi problem?

Guest realkeule
Hi, first i wanna congrats kallt_kaffe for this amazing ROM. I have tried FLB, MCR, JJ and lately CM7 and I'm pretty sure that this ROM is the most complete and stable (because of CM7 issues of course).

I just have one issue after flashing the ROM: I cant download anything from the market, the app start downloading and after a second it stop without any error or something. I google about that but its everything okay with gmail and it synchronizes well so im not sure if the issue is related with google account... Thanks for attention, waiting some help.. Best Regards!

may:

blade_backup_alpha3-nocache-auto-10.zip mirror mirror (MD5: 92ef876d30faaaff9c1e12789abfaf49)

The nocache version will shrink your cache partition to 2mb, to give you an extra 40mb for your data partition. This works fine on CM7, it already has the scripts to take care of it. On Froyo (2.2) this new version of blade backup will patch your current rom, but if you install another froyo rom later, then you'll also need to install this patch, or your market wont work: cache2tmpfs mirror mirror (md5sum: c89cb62c10e6ff622d1a4c1809596e91). It wont work on Eclair (2.1) roms. You should get about 100mb more free internal storage space with this version compared to stock.