[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest shanewaz
Possibly; gingerbread thin circle works fine for me with ss3 and I have not applied the blueish addon.

Re-apply the Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip. All your apps, settings and data will be retained.

As usual, do a backup first, just in case.

Done what was listed by you, re-installed number 1 (no ahb boost or whatever it says) but didn't do a wipe of factory/reset / cache or davlik, as I thought this would then wipe my data. Rebooted phone, all info and apps were there but it said 'android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly' as well. Rebooted into CW and flashed Frankish themes, rebooted, again, same issue as before, same background but icons changed, but now it also says 'android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly' as well.

Any ideas anyone?

Guest apuk2004

Hey all,

I have a GEN1 San Fran OF and up until a few days ago was running JJ RLS8 with no noticeable problems (other than poor battery life) but fancied trying SS RL2.

I've had SS RL2 for a few days and was impressed with the performance and noticed yesterday there was an upgrade to SS RL3.

I installed SS RL3 and initially it seemed fine but later it locked up while I was using it and I had to remove the battery and reboot it.

When i restarted it the phone froze on the green android icon repeatedly and so the only thing i could do was flash it all over again from clockwork

Today I was taking a picture (using an app called cam scanner) and, again, the phone locked up on me and froze during the reboot!?!

Any ideas whats going on as RL3 seems really unstable for me?

Cheers

Guest shanewaz

2 things I've notoced with R3

1) Even after a full wipe and reapplying only the rom and contacts, clock but NO blue colour, I still cannot get Frankish's blue background up, only the icons :D

2) I have had to take the battery out a few times when I have turned the phone off, to start it up again as it doesn't respond to the on button (60% of the time).

Any ideas anyone?

Guest andy mc
Done what was listed by you, re-installed number 1 (no ahb boost or whatever it says) but didn't do a wipe of factory/reset / cache or davlik, as I thought this would then wipe my data. Rebooted phone, all info and apps were there but it said 'android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly' as well. Rebooted into CW and flashed Frankish themes, rebooted, again, same issue as before, same background but icons changed, but now it also says 'android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly' as well.

Any ideas anyone?

When you install a theme the background will not change. The theme change will only affect the notification bar icon images and colour. You will need to source and download a new background image/wallpaper - background does not change in theme install. It looks as though you have apllied the Frankish theme as the notification icons changed but you were expecting to see the background change which is not the case.

As far as your new force close issue I would do a complete wipe and reinstall the Swedish zip file again. Someone else maybe able to give you a better solution to the force close problem. As far as your theme change issue, all is as expected - notification items change but background wallpaper wil not (you need to find and download a similar wallpaper).

Guest kallt_kaffe
# Smartass governor: https://github.com/erasmux/hero-2.6.29-flyk...freq_smartass.c (but tuned for the Blade)

# Overclocked out-of-the-box (max 652.8MHz, min 122.88MHz)

# Switches to smartass governor after boot is done (boots with performance governor).

Is it possible to remove this stuff? If so could someone explain how? I'm looking for something that's more like "stock" Android.

Next version will be more stock like. I'll revert the default overclocking and switch back to ondemand governor.

The reason for it is that I've realized that the overclocking method underclocks the camera but you won't notice it with the ondemand governor as it not likely will go above 600MHz when using the camera. The smartass on the other hand is designed to keep maximum repsonivness while awake so it stays at 480MHz most of the time while using camera but once in a while it switches up above 600MHz and then the camera suddenly gets a 30-32% decrease in clockspeed and the screen "flickers".

So it's propably best to keep the default "stock"-like and keep the overclocking and governor change optional.

Guest kallt_kaffe
The phone will need to be unlocked BEFORE you can use any SIM other than the Orange one supplied. Installing the ROM will not unlock the phone.

No the ROM will not unlock the phone but also it will not check if the phone is locked (small hack made in Phone.apk) so it won't matter if the phone is unlocked or not. This is not the case in all ROMs though so unlocking is a good idea anyway (and free).

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hey all,

I have a GEN1 San Fran OF and up until a few days ago was running JJ RLS8 with no noticeable problems (other than poor battery life) but fancied trying SS RL2.

I've had SS RL2 for a few days and was impressed with the performance and noticed yesterday there was an upgrade to SS RL3.

I installed SS RL3 and initially it seemed fine but later it locked up while I was using it and I had to remove the battery and reboot it.

When i restarted it the phone froze on the green android icon repeatedly and so the only thing i could do was flash it all over again from clockwork

Today I was taking a picture (using an app called cam scanner) and, again, the phone locked up on me and froze during the reboot!?!

Any ideas whats going on as RL3 seems really unstable for me?

Cheers

RLS3 overclocks to 652.8MHz by default. I thought that would be low enough to work on all phones but perhaps it's to high for yours. RLS4 will not overclock by default. But until then you can use include NoFrills CPU control to put the max speed back to 600MHz.

Guest paraselene
+1 on that

just tried to do it myself but the values return to 128

on reboot.

edit: or just use this app that does just that,its free here,or a paid app on market :D

http://www.inovasi-mobiles.com/mobile-apps...eed-boost-v1-0/

some pics here.

my sd card is standard 8G

lower values pic is standard cache size 128

higher value pic is set to 3072(note that when set to 4096 it would not set on boot)

post-796032-1301438564_thumb.jpg

post-796032-1301438590_thumb.jpg

That's that I get with AHB overclock and cache size 128 :(

seems change cache size doesn't help me for getting a higher reading speed :D

post-780386-1301467440_thumb.png

Edited by paraselene

Guest Jolsa

Put this on using Clockwork last night (was on FLB 2.2 rom) and I can't seem to get wifi working - having the same problem as previous posters whereby it hangs when searching for wireless networks.

Have tried turning off and on, re installing the rom (wiping the cache and factory reset every time), attempting to delete/rename the wpa_supplicant file using Astro however being told I don't have sufficient access (or something along those lines).

I thought I'd cracked it late last night when I wiped everything, reinstalled the rom and restored only the user apps from Titanium backup (was originally restoring everything). This seemed to work with the wifi connecting, however I then rebooted to tidy things up (as I noticed that the standby pattern lock screen was different to my chosen, restored wallpaper) and upon reboot it asked me to relink my Google account and the wifi wouldn't work again.

Any ideas please? I feel as though I'm so close but yet so far away.

Guest finbaar

Any idea when RlS4 will be out? At the moment the battery is dropping like a stone due to the "Cell Standby" issue. Even though I am loving the speed of this ROM I may switch back to FLB10b.

The only thing that seems to stop the battery dropping is putting the phone into Airplane mode. This, of course, is not ideal for a phone!

Guest rak007
Any idea when RlS4 will be out? At the moment the battery is dropping like a stone due to the "Cell Standby" issue. Even though I am loving the speed of this ROM I may switch back to FLB10b.

The only thing that seems to stop the battery dropping is putting the phone into Airplane mode. This, of course, is not ideal for a phone!

+1

Cell standby taking maximum chunk of battery usage. Is this expected ??? :D

A noobish question, what is the exact difference between CELL STANDBY and PHONE IDLE ??

My battery stats show...

Cell Standby - 48%

Phone Idle - 39%

Display - 9%

Android System - 3%

Edited by rak007

Guest solidslash

+1, just lost about 30% over night. No wifi turned on, 2G only, no widgets except for the Power management one. Spare parts doesn't show anything interesting.

Edited by solidslash

Guest jasonXXx
Next version will be more stock like. I'll revert the default overclocking and switch back to ondemand governor.

The reason for it is that I've realized that the overclocking method underclocks the camera but you won't notice it with the ondemand governor as it not likely will go above 600MHz when using the camera. The smartass on the other hand is designed to keep maximum repsonivness while awake so it stays at 480MHz most of the time while using camera but once in a while it switches up above 600MHz and then the camera suddenly gets a 30-32% decrease in clockspeed and the screen "flickers".

So it's propably best to keep the default "stock"-like and keep the overclocking and governor change optional.

Never had any problems like that camera allways works fine for me.

That's that I get with AHB overclock and cache size 128 :D

seems change cache size doesn't help me for getting a higher reading speed :D

post-780386-1301467440_thumb.png

This has nothing to do with overclocking,it increases cache size to read SD card faster and it does just that.

you see the difference when loading gallery,etc.

Guest targetbsp
A noobish question, what is the exact difference between CELL STANDBY and PHONE IDLE ??

Pretty much what they say. Cell standby is the power needed by the mobile radio thingy (I don't know what it's called lol) to maintain a conenction to your mobile network. Phone Idle is the power needed to keep the phone on - like when your tv is in standby and still using enough power to be able to react to any event to turn it on.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest paraselene
This has nothing to do with overclocking,it increases cache size to read SD card faster and it does just that.

you see the difference when loading gallery,etc.

What I want to say is changing cache size doesn't help much for my reading speed sd card.

AHB overclocking will increase the bus speed, I don't know if it helps to increase the sd card reading speed, so I better state that I use AHB overclocking kernel.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Here's an experiment for those with Orange San Francisco B10 phone that end up with non-working touchscreen with Swedish Spring RLS3 (or any other custom ROM asfaik).

• Download Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip and also the attached b10_test.zip file.
  • Replace boot-gen1.img in Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip with the version included in b10_test.zip.
  • Put cypress_firmware.bin from b10_test.zip into /system/etc in Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip
  • Put the Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip that you just modified on your SD-card and install.

With a little luck this might solve the touchscreen problem that some with B10 phones have.

b10_test.zip

Guest h@mster81

I have weird battery drain as well. It drops only 1-2% during night then it goes berserk when I start using the phone in the morning. (poweramp+opera mini while commuting) BUT when I stop using the phone battery still drops 1% per 10 minute or so in stand by so when I finish work at 5.30 battery is about 30-40%. I had the same problem with FLB11 but no issues with FLB9 and 2.1 ROMS so hardware should be ok.

Any clue?

Guest Mikeandme

Thanks kallt_kaffe for an impressive ROM.

Just changed from FLBs work so am new to this thread. Two things puzzle me and I cannot find answers in the above.

Why are there two radio apps?

Should I be able to remove apks from the zip before flashing it? We could on FLBs ROMs but tried it on your but they seem stuck. Am I missing something obvious?

I look forward to the next release and would put in a vote for the inclusion the power widget in the top pull down bar if that is possible.

Thanks again.

Guest Paden
with AOSP contacts in RLS3, i seem to lose the arrow in call log. anyone can help around in this?

Find the same here as well but only on multiple calls on the same number, individual calls show the arrows fine.

Cheers, Paul

Guest Len Ash
Thanks kallt_kaffe for an impressive ROM.

Just changed from FLBs work so am new to this thread. Two things puzzle me and I cannot find answers in the above.

Why are there two radio apps?

Should I be able to remove apks from the zip before flashing it? We could on FLBs ROMs but tried it on your but they seem stuck. Am I missing something obvious?

I look forward to the next release and would put in a vote for the inclusion the power widget in the top pull down bar if that is possible.

Thanks again.

One is the original ZTE FM Radio app, looks like a small transistor radio, which is awful - low volume, loads of hiss (poor SNR). The other, looks like an old post war Bakelite radio, is Andorko's FM Radio. This works very well, BUT you must exit the app in the app NOT back out. Otherwise the battery usage will continue like crazy.

You can delete either or both with no consequences. I suggest you remove the ZTE one anyhow - it is junk.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest lpinho

Hi all,

thanks for another good ROM.

But I'm having a big issue, I'm using v2.2 mainly because this version support making calls using bluetooth (hands-free), with this rom, I don't seem to be able to do this.

When press the call button, I just get a double beep and nothing happens, on the other 2.2 roms I get a set of spoken instructions after the 1st beep.

Anyone has this problem?

Thanks