[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest TRKOSTAS

it works fine for me!(bluetooth (hands-free))

by the way amazing fast rom!!!!

maybe battery drain problem during night but i have to test more

Edited by TRKOSTAS

Guest capt.kipper

I have just changed from FLBs r11b to Swedish Spring RLS3 it seems significantly smoother but I have one issue.

With FLB r11b my Hands free Motorola T325 worked fine, but with RLS3 I am having a problem getting the Bluetooth voice dialer to work.

The Motorola downloads the phone book but when I press call its supposed to say speak now, thats when the voice dialer boots up on my phone, but its not doing it at all with RLS3.

Voice dialer is included with Froyo so should work.

Any help would be great.

Guest Smiff2

ok upgraded a phone from FF 2.1 to SS RLS3, pretty pleased how smoothly it went (thanks mostly to SMS Backup , Titanium Backup and the config save/restore feature in LauncherPro).

one small thing: with LauncherPro the app drawer seems jerkier than in FF - isn't that odd?! (using hw-ui)

Guest capt.kipper
I have just changed from FLBs r11b to Swedish Spring RLS3 it seems significantly smoother but I have one issue.

With FLB r11b my Hands free Motorola T325 worked fine, but with RLS3 I am having a problem getting the Bluetooth voice dialer to work.

The Motorola downloads the phone book but when I press call its supposed to say speak now, thats when the voice dialer boots up on my phone, but its not doing it at all with RLS3.

Voice dialer is included with Froyo so should work.

Any help would be great.

Fixed it myself :

I just checked the zip file for RLS3 and the voice dialer apk is not in there, so I dragged it out of FLB's and installed it then rebooted phone and it works fine now :D

Guest Superfuzz
one small thing: with LauncherPro the app drawer seems jerkier than in FF - isn't that odd?! (using hw-ui)

Yes it is, but I noticed as well. It happened when I enabled HW acceleration and it annoys me to the point I'm trying other launchers (stock launcher scrolls way better with hw-ui but has other disadvantages). To be honest this probably is some issue with LauncherPro and HW-ui because as far as I can remember it was the same with the FLB rom -which also had HW enabled.

Guest Smiff2
this probably is some issue with LauncherPro and HW-ui because as far as I can remember it was the same with the FLB rom -which also had HW enabled.

gaah! why are there always some bugs in the config i want to use :D anyone reported this hw-ui performance issue to LP author do you know?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Superfuzz
gaah! why is there always some bugs left. :D anyone reported this hw-ui performance issue to LP author do you know?

I don't know but judging by the latest release he is more focused on optimising his app for gingerbread. I also just noticed via "where's my droid power" app that LauncherPro uses way more cpu than any other launcher, another reason for me to ditch it.

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest Jolsa
Put this on using Clockwork last night (was on FLB 2.2 rom) and I can't seem to get wifi working - having the same problem as previous posters whereby it hangs when searching for wireless networks.

Have tried turning off and on, re installing the rom (wiping the cache and factory reset every time), attempting to delete/rename the wpa_supplicant file using Astro however being told I don't have sufficient access (or something along those lines).

I thought I'd cracked it late last night when I wiped everything, reinstalled the rom and restored only the user apps from Titanium backup (was originally restoring everything). This seemed to work with the wifi connecting, however I then rebooted to tidy things up (as I noticed that the standby pattern lock screen was different to my chosen, restored wallpaper) and upon reboot it asked me to relink my Google account and the wifi wouldn't work again.

Any ideas please? I feel as though I'm so close but yet so far away.

Other posters who had wifi issues - how did you fix it please?

Guest stylezuk

Hope this hasn't been coverd, have checked md5 done wipe etc, under SMS/Settings the vibration is always on no matter what set to as set to "Never" yet txt never changes and stays" Also vibrate vhen notified"

Gmail also does this,

Email settings work fine,

BTW have set Settings/Sound Settings "Vibrate never" but thats over riden by software settings.

Use seperate software for vibration as use differnt patterns so get double vibrate.

Guest shanewaz
Thanks kallt_kaffe for an impressive ROM.

Just changed from FLBs work so am new to this thread. Two things puzzle me and I cannot find answers in the above.

Why are there two radio apps?

Should I be able to remove apks from the zip before flashing it? We could on FLBs ROMs but tried it on your but they seem stuck. Am I missing something obvious?

I look forward to the next release and would put in a vote for the inclusion the power widget in the top pull down bar if that is possible.

Thanks again.

+1to the vote for the inclusion the power widget in the top pull down bar if that is possible.

Guest shanewaz
When you install a theme the background will not change. The theme change will only affect the notification bar icon images and colour. You will need to source and download a new background image/wallpaper - background does not change in theme install. It looks as though you have apllied the Frankish theme as the notification icons changed but you were expecting to see the background change which is not the case.

As far as your new force close issue I would do a complete wipe and reinstall the Swedish zip file again. Someone else maybe able to give you a better solution to the force close problem. As far as your theme change issue, all is as expected - notification items change but background wallpaper wil not (you need to find and download a similar wallpaper).

Yep - soon realised how much of an idiot I was being. the reason why I thought it came altogether with icons and background was because when I first flashed Frankish's themes they went straight on, including the background on FLB. I then (after MANY frustrated moments and a few screams at the phone) realised how stupid I was being in not thinking the obvious - to just set the wallpaper, and lo and behold! It worked! - and then I read your post (DOH!)

Cheers for putting up with it all though and thanks for the help though!

Guest NorthRiding

I would also like to say a big Thanks to kallt_kaffe for an impressive ROM. Been running it now for 2 days and have no issues so far and the battery use has been excellent.

I have also just changed over from FLBs work so am also new to this topic/thread......, I notice that flibblesan has ceased work on the flb roms now having taken the "old" leaked Chinese rom as far as it can go and he recommends this SS rom. Can't get a better recommendation than that.

I am all in favour of having as few apps as possible in the published rom if they are available on/in the market.

Easier to add whatever we want then however, if you could include the power widget in the top pull down drawer/bar, that would be great.

Also, how about using flb's 4 colour boot animation rather than the stock android bootanimation, have read how to "add" them to the system but might be just beyond my technical capabilities............pretty please and thanks in anticipation.

Edited by NorthRiding

Guest Superfuzz
Also, how about using flb's 4 colour boot animation rather than the stock android bootanimation, have read how to "add" them to the system but might be just beyond my technical capabilities............pretty please and thanks in anticipation.

No. That animation is ugly and jerky. Believe me it's pretty easy to just add it yourself.

+1 for the power widget on the notification bar tho.

Guest jonmac73
I would also like to say a big Thanks to kallt_kaffe for an impressive ROM. Been running it now for 2 days and have no issues so far and the battery use has been excellent.

I have also just changed over from FLBs work so am also new to this topic/thread......, I notice that flibblesan has ceased work on the flb roms now having taken the "old" leaked Chinese rom as far as it can go and he recommends this SS rom. Can't get a better recommendation than that.

I am all in favour of having as few apps as possible in the published rom if they are available on/in the market.

Easier to add whatever we want then however, if you could include the power widget in the top pull down drawer/bar, that would be great.

I would suggest trying to keep an 'as stock as possible' ROM with other bits as optional extras.

A custom ROM could then be compiled with popular options pre-added. Custom ROMS could be just that - custom - with one as near stock 2.2 as possible for people that want stable operation as priority.

For example, personally I prefer to use widgetoids 2 instead of FLB pull down, and also prefer stock android boot animation than FLB's. That way everyone could be kept happy.

Edited by jonmac73

Guest Mikeandme
One is the original ZTE FM Radio app, looks like a small transistor radio, which is awful - low volume, loads of hiss (poor SNR). The other, looks like an old post war Bakelite radio, is Andorko's FM Radio. This works very well, BUT you must exit the app in the app NOT back out. Otherwise the battery usage will continue like crazy.

You can delete either or both with no consequences. I suggest you remove the ZTE one anyhow - it is junk.

Thanks for the advice LanceH but how do I delete them? They won't come out of the ROM zip file for some reason that I don't understand. If I go to Titanium backup it gives me the option of un-installing (but in the past I have found this seems to leave odd tails) or "Force remove (by recovery exploit)" which sounds a bit risky - whatever it is!

Edited by Mikeandme

Guest burstlam

KK,

I bought a chinese retail verison of blade for my dad and running rls3 now

I would like to re-enable the option of compcache for there is only 256mb system ram

i extracted the ramzswap.ko and the compcache script from rls2, push them back into the proper place with adb and fix their permission.

but when i try to init it in terminal it just show up with the message that the ramzwap.ko is not found.

How may I fix this?

THX for ur effort.

FYI, the file manager will get fc when trying to send file thr bluetooth. unless a successful link up with the target device established once with a third party

software like bluetooth file transfer.

Guest mnsg1975
Thanks for the advice LanceH but how do I delete them? They won't come out of the ROM zip file for some reason that I don't understand. If I go to Titanium backup it gives me the option of un-installing (but in the past I have found this seems to leave odd tails) or "Force remove (by recovery exploit)" which sounds a bit risky - whatever it is!

About the radio, the ZTE version only gives me static. About the Andorko one, when I start the app it gives me the error "The application FM Radio(process com.adroid.fm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and closes.

Anyone having this problem. This happens with every rom that I've tried so far.

Thanks

Guest apuk2004
RLS3 overclocks to 652.8MHz by default. I thought that would be low enough to work on all phones but perhaps it's to high for yours. RLS4 will not overclock by default. But until then you can use include NoFrills CPU control to put the max speed back to 600MHz.

I didnt realise it was overclocked by default!

I guess thats why people are complementing the speed of the ROM!

Bit risky to be overclocking by default dont you think?

I cant even get back into RLS3 without it locking up and can't find RLS2 so I'll have to use another ROM

May come back when theres a more stock type RLS WITHOUT overclocking builtin!

IMHO overclocking should ALWAYS be an option not a default.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I installed rls 3 yesterday. And i must say my favorite rom atm.

Realy nice work man.

However i have 1 question, about the goveners, im usualy using conservative to save some power.

What does the smartass one give me? i did some reading but i dont rly get what it does...

@above if you dont want overclock install nofrillz and put it back to 600

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest burstlam
About the radio, the ZTE version only gives me static. About the Andorko one, when I start the app it gives me the error "The application FM Radio(process com.adroid.fm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and closes.

Anyone having this problem. This happens with every rom that I've tried so far.

Thanks

use andorko version 0.6 will fix this.

Guest mnsg1975
use andorko version 0.6 will fix this.

Thanks for the reply, but that's the version that comes with RLS3 and the one that gives me problems. I start to think that my phone has some problem concerning the radio.