[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jimbobvfr400
Hi, I seem to have a problem with wifi that I can't find an answer to.

I installedrls3 yesterday and everything worked. Because I need to manually set the APN's for my provider, I needed to synchronize with google through wifi, and that worked. Since the first reboot however wifi is simply not connecting. It tries scanning for networks, comes up with none and gives a message that scanning is not possible. Then it just disables wifi alltogether... I've been using different flb roms lately, and never had a wifi problem...

Is this a known problem that I am overlooking, or is it something else...?

Thanks!

Did you restore anything in Titanium at all. I had the exact same thing after restoring the WiFi access points in titanium. I wiped again but didn't restore the access points and its been fine since.

Guest Armod
BATTERY LIFE (Worst -> Good)

I moved to SS RLS3 from JJ RL9. JJ was brilliant with battery life but I installed HW Acc addon which started draining my battery too quickly. Instead of playing with JJ and removing HW ACC I moved to SS RLS3 but had same problem for 5 days. I was leaving my phone over night with full battery and in the morning only 10% was left most of the time with standy time over 80%. Yesterday! I changed CPU speed back to 600Mhz because bydefault it was something 674Mhz and since yesterday 16PM till now (11 AM) it is dropped only 20%.

So, setting CPU speed did the trick for me. This is already one of the suggested solutions to improve battery life but i thought i should share my experience.

I just tried setting my CPU to 600MHz (from 652MHz) but No-frills CPU Control hangs the entire phone when I hit Apply. Can't find anything on this issue.

Guest mickey megabyte
Sorry to be a noob .. so please bear with me . I have tried searching but not found the answers though I’m sure they are buried in a thread somewhere.

I’ve just moved from Fibs r11b. I found the reboot.apk in his zip file and copied it to my SD card but it won’t let me install it using Astro, Filer or ES File Explorer. What is the procedure for installing this into this SS Rom please?

I also found the notification tone “incoming.wav” and moved that to the SD card as well. If I click on it, it lets me set it as a ringtone, and it worked, but I want it in notifications. I’ve tried to cut and paste through Astro and can “drill” upwards to get to /system/media/audio/notifications but it won’t let me paste.

The basic underlying issue is how can I incorporate/amend the Rom? If there is an FAQ then I apologise in advance but I’d be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction please.

With regard to battery issues I got excellent performance out of r11b. I recalibrated the battery after installing this Rom and I always check no none essential apps etc. are running at night after a full charge. SS this morning was still at 100% after 8 hours asleep and is still at 98% after checking a few basic things this morning so it looks promising.

I had noticed “DUN Service” was running last night but I killed it off. I’m not sure what that was?

Thanks.

instead of reboot, look for "quick boot (reboot)" at the market - it's free and works well.

if you want to make custom notifications, look for "ringdroid" or "ringtone maker"at the market - both are free and work well!

Guest Toldo

One thing came to my mind today after reading post about the battery drain. Not everybody uses the fm radio as well as the rds function, so why not keep the rds capable kernel as an option? Some people have written in the JJ topic that rds capable kernel drains the battery faster. I know that there are already lots of optional packages for SS but kallt_kaffe could kindly consider this, although he already did a great job. Any pros/cons?

Guest Superfuzz
One thing came to my mind today after reading post about the battery drain. Not everybody uses the fm radio as well as the rds function, so why not keep the rds capable kernel as an option? Some people have written in the JJ topic that rds capable kernel drains the battery faster. I know that there are already lots of optional packages for SS but kallt_kaffe could kindly consider this, although he already did a great job. Any pros/cons?

Does it drain batter even if you didn't open the FM radio? I doubt that, but if the answer is yes, being optional would be nice.

Guest Toldo
Does it drain batter even if you didn't open the FM radio? I doubt that, but if the answer is yes, being optional would be nice.

Well, I can't remember clearly but it was said that the kernel has some changes that drain the battery (I may be wrong of course). Check the JJ topic, it was somewhere near the end.

Guest geegeethatsme
I just tried setting my CPU to 600MHz (from 652MHz) but No-frills CPU Control hangs the entire phone when I hit Apply. Can't find anything on this issue.

Change the governor to On Demand from Smartass and you'll be fine at 600.

Guest conhen
Did you restore anything in Titanium at all. I had the exact same thing after restoring the WiFi access points in titanium. I wiped again but didn't restore the access points and its been fine since.

That's great! Did exactly as you pointed out, and now wifi is okay.

Thanks!

Guest mkzee

I had similar issue, i tried twice by selecting 600Mhz, smartass and "apply on boot" option. Phone was halted on lock screen when i turned on the phone and after few seconds it was restarted automatically. Unlocking it was showing me an error from No-Frills that CPU setting was not applied successfully. I then took the battery out, turned it on, applied 600 Mhz without selecting "apply on boot" and applied the settings. Restarted it manually and I could see a big difference in battery life which I mentioned earlier.

Guest Carbonize

If you set the speed to 600 and didn't set it to apply on boot then it will have resorted to the original setting when you rebooted the phone.

Guest h@mster81

No change to battery life here regardless CPU speed or governor. I had to switch back to FLB9.

BTW I checked spare parts and Cell Standby was not on the list.

Guest heavyduty00

when do i install the addon .zip files such as hardware accelerated UI or deskclock zip ?

Can i just install it straight after i installed my rom? or do i need to reboot phone first, then reboot again in cwm and install the addon zips?

thanks

Guest Toldo
when do i install the addon .zip files such as hardware accelerated UI or deskclock zip ?

Can i just install it straight after i installed my rom? or do i need to reboot phone first, then reboot again in cwm and install the addon zips?

thanks

You have to make a full boot for the first time after flashing a rom. Then you can install the rest.

Guest heavyduty00
You have to make a full boot for the first time after flashing a rom. Then you can install the rest.

ok thanks. also can i install all my addon zips all at ocne or do i need tor reboot after each zip?

Guest zx-9r
ok thanks. also can i install all my addon zips all at ocne or do i need tor reboot after each zip?

Why isn't (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) installed in default RLS3 ? Isn't it only pros or are there some cons with this add-on?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Why isn't (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) installed in default RLS3 ? Isn't it only pros or are there some cons with this add-on?

It will be the default in RLS4.

Guest dibbles
It will be the default in RLS4.

That sounds good.

I am thinking of trying this ROM out for my wife's SF however reading your post above it would seem that RLS4 might make an appearance soon...? Without seeming impatient is RLS4 more at the conceptual stage rather than being nearly ready for release..?

Guest heavyduty00

I just downloaded the rls3, deskclock and hw accelerated ui zips and my md5's are different...?

does that mean the files are wrong??

Guest kallt_kaffe
That sounds good.

I am thinking of trying this ROM out for my wife's SF however reading your post above it would seem that RLS4 might make an appearance soon...? Without seeming impatient is RLS4 more at the conceptual stage rather than being nearly ready for release..?

It's pretty much in the state where I need to upload it to mediafire and post the links (unless I get some last minute idea). Propably upload it tonight or at least during this weekend.

Guest Smiff2

pretty unlucky if your phone can't do 650mhz. having said that.. if at least one person can't, makes me wonder if OC by default is a good idea..

including a basic OC app is a good idea though :D

could these battery life issues be related to the AHB overclock? i never had any trouble with that either myself.

Guest dibbles
It's pretty much in the state where I need to upload it to mediafire and post the links (unless I get some last minute idea). Propably upload it tonight or at least during this weekend.

Excellent news and thanks for letting us know :D

I will hold off from trying this one out then with my wife's phone as RLS4 is so imminent.

Guest zx-9r

Nice! :D

Guest NorthRiding

Hey man, really appreciate all your efforts in getting out RL4 but if I spend Mother's Day on my phone, I will be in big trouble.

I have been on my OSF since before Christmas and her indoors thinks it is a bit much (even though she loves the OSF I "sorted" for her!!) -looking forward to it.

Thanks in anticipation