[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest AntonioPT
Well, I tried a sudo command in terminal emulator and I get a permission denied notice rather than superuser poping up asking if I want to give root permission to the app...

There's no such thing as sudo on Android.

You have to run su to gain root permission before you run a command.

Guest DaneelS
There's no such thing as sudo on Android.

You have to run su to gain root permission before you run a command.

Thanks. That's what I get for trying to do this stuff while half asleep :D

Guest lizhihuaxia

when i have a call ,the screen does not turn black,seems that the sensor doesnt work, is this a bug?

and who can tell me what's the diffrents between zte radio and the oringal radio? can i remove one?

thx!

Edited by lizhihuaxia

Guest rak007

Something really weird, unexpected and fortunate happened. My brother had JJ RLS9 on his blade and i flashed the SS RLS4B over it with complete wipe. I though all my apps would be gone but no that was not the case. After booting in back to RLS4B, after few minutes i got a notification saying

"31 applications restored"

Now i remember to have not used any backup utility to backup the apps except 1-2 apps using titanium. Never scheduled auto backup too.

Not sure how it happened but i am glad it happened.

Guest stefanokan
Lots if mixed messages going on. And misunderstandings. And misconceptions.

GPS left on and Wifi left on do NOT cause ANY battery use UNTIL/UNLESS an App uses them (like Browser or Maps).

Make sure that you have WiFI set to sleep when the screen is off. By default it is on.

"Battery Use" in About Phone needs to be correctly interpreted - 99% of users CANNOT do this. Therefore its usefulness is limited to 1% of users. Better to use the one in Spare Parts ONLY, and then take some time to UNDERSTAND it.

Other than that ensure you have done several days worth of NORMAL USAGE battery charge/discharge before concluding anything about good or bad battery life on ANY ROM.

Beware of rogue Apps and whatever sync frequency you use for Social Media/pull Email AND if you have used the FM Radio, kiss your battery life goodbye.

Thanks for your clearness.

Guest andy mc
Same as every Android ROM -

Settings>Wireless and Network Settings>WiFi settings>"Menu" button>Advanced>WiFi sleep policy

Many thanks. Forgot to press menu button in WiFi settings. Doh!!

Guest Sighn
As someone else said the problem seems to be with the RDS FM radio app. When I have time I will try to uninstall it and replace it with the NON RDS older version which works fine in JJ RLS 8 with no battery drain.
That's exactly what I do. I use v0.5 of the radio; it has no RDS and battery doesn't drain anymore.

Guest burstlam
when i have a call ,the screen does not turn black,seems that the sensor doesnt work, is this a bug?

and who can tell me what's the diffrents between zte radio and the oringal radio? can i remove one?

thx!

+1 to the sensor issue.

indeed, the sort order of contact with ZTE SMARTDIALER set displayed wrongly with chinese character.

for example a name of 3 word normally display as "A B C" whereas A is the surname and B C combine as ones name.

however, ZTE set will display in this order : "C A B"

with AOSP set the contact display correct

wonder if it is something related to the swedish custom.

thx. KK for bringing back compcache support.

Guest Len Ash
thx. KK for bringing back compcache support.

If you get strange phone behaviour or random reboots, disable compcache. Renowned for weirdness.

Guest epeTm
Most probably you restored system apps settings with Titanium backup.
Yeah, I did. Shouldn't I have restored any settings? Is the problem only caused by the WiFi Access Points being restored? Is there a way to fix it?

Guest burstlam
If you get strange phone behaviour or random reboots, disable compcache. Renowned for weirdness.

should not be related with compcache for those issues occur without enable compcached yet.

Guest digital0
Is the problem only caused by the WiFi Access Points being restored? Is there a way to fix it?

Yes, you can apply a diff I posted a few days ago in this forum. Better yet you have used search before asking the question which was asked and answered 10 or 20 times already.

Guest Poodha

Anybody know why I can't enable smartass again in No-frills? If I try to apply it, it freezes and then crashes the phone. Doesn't matter at what frequency I choose. Smartass ran fine before, then I tried some other settings. Now I can't put it back on.

Guest rak007

Phone was kept overnight with EDGE data connection On and battery at 20%. Observed the following

1. Battery remained at 20% even after turning the phone on after 8 hours. I think this number is deceiving.

2. The EDGE connection seems to turn itself off after screen is turned off / phone goes to sleep. I am not sure if it wakes up itself in between or not. This is noticed because whenever i wake up my phone the EDGE connection is not be seen (icon besides network) and immediately after the wake up it comes back.

3. There was rapid battery drain after i again started using the phone again after myself waking up / and the phone too. It reached from 20 to 17% in no time.

4. The battery usage showed cell standby at 49% and phone idle at 48%. Any thing looking suspicious ?

Guest kgian
That's exactly what I do. I use v0.5 of the radio; it has no RDS and battery doesn't drain anymore.

How exactly did you do it? Did you force remove the RDS version with titanium backup? Where can the 0.5 version be found as an .apk?

Guest MidaMilunk

Light sensor still needs a kick to work. After reboot, it does not set the LCD light intensity, only after going into the sensors menu in the system test. Still no one seems to suffer tha same, I guess this is caused by some application.

Any idea anyone?

And a question... after install, and restore (TitaniumBackup-where data also needed / reinstall anyway) the apps, something prevents the phone from sleeping normally - "wake up pressing the HOME key f.e.). After reboot, no problem with this. The question is: is there a way to turn out what app. prevents the normal sleep state? I killed all apps I did not needed, but it did not make any difference.

Guest Daniel_NRW

Kallt,

What about the round battery symbol of JJ9 ? Could I use the JJ9 zip file to exchange the standard battery symbol ?

Cheers,

D.

Guest dibbles

I have seen a few questions in this thread like...

A noobish question, what is the exact difference between CELL STANDBY and PHONE IDLE

my phone is showing around 48% for cell standby and 45% idle time. Display at 6%

So has anyone got a definitive answer as to why the cell standby is showing to be as "high" as it is in this ROM when (IIRC) it wasn't even noted in CM7 or the FLB ROM...?

Whether it has an adverse effect on the battery life I'm no sure at this stage but I have not seen such high usage of the battery attributed to the cell standby with a ROM before.

Guest hackemate

Hello!

I have a big issue with my SF(oled version)

I had JJ7rls and i tried to flash SSrls4 but after doing wipe and flashing the rom

after the reboot it comes the first screen with the android bot and then when the second screen comes(with the logo ANDROID)

it's loading there for ever!

I had exactly the same problem with SSrls3 when i tried to flash the HW UI addon and as far as i know SSrls4 has HW UI acceleration by default

so i think that this must be the problem,but why???

I had hardware acceleration in JJ with no problem.

Am i doing something wrong???

Any help...

Guest targetbsp
I have seen a few questions in this thread like...

my phone is showing around 48% for cell standby and 45% idle time. Display at 6%

So has anyone got a definitive answer as to why the cell standby is showing to be as "high" as it is in this ROM when (IIRC) it wasn't even noted in CM7 or the FLB ROM...?

It depends how idle your phone is. If your phone is idle then those 2 are pretty much the only things that should be using any power so they'll naturally be using most of the power that has been used even though the power that has been used is not much.

And a question... after install, and restore (TitaniumBackup-where data also needed / reinstall anyway) the apps, something prevents the phone from sleeping normally - "wake up pressing the HOME key f.e.). After reboot, no problem with this. The question is: is there a way to turn out what app. prevents the normal sleep state? I killed all apps I did not needed, but it did not make any difference.

Look at partial wakes in battery usage in the spare parts app that comes with the rom.

Edited by targetbsp