[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Blasphemous

Sorry for what seems like a ridiculously simple question guys but how do I copy a MP3 (any sound file), to the Notification folder in System? I did it with Astro when I had Flibblesan's Rom but it just won't paste the file into the Notification folder now! Is this an issue with the rom or am I having a very blonde moment!!!! :)

Guest 167pk
I got wifi issue w/SSR5, can't connected to the wireless router, it always shown connected and then disconnected again & again !!

but I didn't got this w/SSR4 before :)

problem fixed :)

my blade with CM7 can not play .avi oder xvid files properly... does Swedish Spring solve this problem?

Not natively. You have to install an appropriate media-player like Rock Player.

Guest solidchips

The SS-RLSx has builtin app2sd support. you dont need to install app2sd separately.

As in my case i already partitioned my sdcard before installing Swedish spring. So i have to do nothing to make app2sd work. After installtion of SS, application are rightaway being installed on sdcard.

My sdcard partition layout (for your ref) is

Sdcard capacity - 8GB

- Ext3 = 512 MB

- Swap = 64 MB

- Fat32 = leftover space

Edited by solidchips

Guest targetbsp
why the specified file size RLS5 120MB and downloaded 86? md5 match!?

120 is how much space it takes on your phone - not how big the download is. The download is compressed.

Guest targetbsp
would you average user (me) be better off downloading the 120mb version or the overclocked version?

The overclocking is an upgrade for the 120mb rom. You need that in either case. Whether you want overclocking is entirely personal preference.

Guest solidchips

KK, i have a suggestion. If possible please include a feature in your furture release which gives control to navigate cursor using Volume Up/Down keys while typing text.

I think it will very handy in typing text using soft keyboard.

Guest tyrol_gangster
Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging turn to off

I don't want to turn it off (as them you get the annoying full screen usb connected notifications), I would like to hide the icon when turned on.

Guest mkzee
I installed RLS-5, after the restart my 8GB-sd card was corrupted and couldn't be read either on the SF or my Laptop...I had to do a new format to use the card again!

I regularly do backups so I put all the data unto the sdcard again...this has never happend before, thought maybe my sdcard was broken but thankfully not...

I had same problem. I upgraded from RLS3 to RLS5 using clockwork manually. I read your message earlier but unluckily i did not back up my card :) so all my data is gone.

Guest german_psycho
I had same problem. I upgraded from RLS3 to RLS5 using clockwork manually. I read your message earlier but unluckily i did not back up my card :) so all my data is gone.

No problems here. Just upgraded from RLS3 to RLS5 an hour ago. Also via Clockwork, also manually. Everything works just fine.

Thank you KK for this wonderful rom. I really am enjoying it.

One thing that is "bothering" me. The applications selection screen. Previously I was using flibblesans rom and that one had smoother scrolling and also different effect, i think, when scrolling (top and bottom greyed out icons).

Anyway, don't know what the difference is but I really liked that one. Any way to have this? About the smoothness, no idea why this seems a bit let smooth. Also the transition from applications scrolling screen back to "desktop" is not that smooth.

Nevertheless, everything is working superbly and top notch.

Thanks again.

Guest sm4tik
Can you tell me how to install the AHB Overclock.zip. I used Recovery Manager and installed manualy the new ROM. Now what?

Thank you

Boot into recovery; power on with vol(-) or open Extra Settings application and select "Reboot to Recovery mode"

In clockwork choose "install zip from sd card" then "choose zip from sdcard". Browse to the ahb zip file and select it, choose the "yes" answer.. and you're done. Get back to main menu and select "reboot system now".

Edited by sm4tik

Guest TheBrainKafka
No problems here. Just upgraded from RLS3 to RLS5 an hour ago. Also via Clockwork, also manually. Everything works just fine.

Did you do wipe?

Is a wipe necessary when upgrading from RLS3 to RLS5 ?

Thx

Guest dadashi

An hour ago I did a reboot and it spent an awfuly long time reading the SD card again, I thought it might have corrupted again. Is there a sd card problem with rls-5...?

Also my compass is not accurate, its out by around 90 degrees...no problems with previous releases