[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest DumonKri

Got a couple of Qs that i hope someone can answer for me.

When I updated to GEN 2, i initially installed CM7. After realising it was too buggy for me i switched to LanceH's modified Phat SS release. I couldn't connect to a network so decided to try the original and installed SSR5.

All is working fine mostly but i fear that coming from CM7 may have caused me some problems. For instance, there is quite a delay when booting the phone to finding my network which is O2. Sometimes i need to select it from this list of networks.

Also i seem to have problems with using the phone while plugged into the charger, something which i had problems with CM7 with. The phone first tells me the SD card is missing then after going through menus etc. it shuts down and restarts.

Has anyone had this problem? Could this be solved with formatting the /system and starting fresh? Or could this be a GEN problem.

I appreciate any answers. Thanks.

Edited by DumonKri

Guest sihumphries
that's weird. i'm using launcher pro plu too and i'm getting 3 days with moderate use. i use the 3d drawer and use sms and calendar pro widgets. also my blade is set to 122 min and 672 max. it doesn't crach eitehr and i used no-frills and last i'm using rls5

this is the best thing my blade has ever seen

I wonder if I should do a fresh install and see if its any better? Thanks for your reply, I really like Launcher Pro Plus and having paid for it I really wanted to stick with it.

Guest Dark_Sorcerer

hi! Just a heads up... I installed the RLS4, (above in the topic), and all is ok.

No ideas?

Anyone? :mellow:

Does it have anything to do with clockwork being only 3.0.1.6?

Guest c-m

I was previously using FLB-G2 but that is no longer supported so i switched to this rom.

In FLB G2 the notification area, once pulled down had options to tun on or off, GPS, 3G, Bluetooth etc..

I really liked that setup, how do i recreate that in SS5?

Guest PF62

It would be good if AGPS was included in this ROM. I added the gps.conf file posted here (Post 61) (and I know earlier in this thread) and it has significantly speeded up GPS for me, normally getting a lock to a few meters within a few seconds.

Guest iNoobz2Droid

Hello, i got my ZTE Blade (gen1) today and successfully installed most recent clockworks and after that the swedish spring RLS5

how do i install the Swedish_Spring_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip addon now?

Guest k0zmic
Hello, i got my ZTE Blade (gen1) today and successfully installed most recent clockworks and after that the swedish spring RLS5

Same way you installed Swedish Spring.

Guest Toldo

Through recovery...

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi,

To install a non-ROM .zip file, boot into Clockwork recovery using the ROM Manager app from the market place, or turn off your phone and then turn it back on holding down the volume down button, whilst you are holding that button down press the power button down and hold both buttons until you see some orange text indicating you are in recovery mode.

Once in recovery select the "install from sd card" option, then navigate to the .zip file and proceed.

I hope this helps.

Anil

PS. I found a great guide to Clockwork here, it explains a lot;

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-i...guide/#flashing

Guest k0zmic
hi! Just a heads up... I installed the RLS4, (above in the topic), and all is ok.

No ideas?

Anyone? :mellow:

Does it have anything to do with clockwork being only 3.0.1.6?

Do full wipe.

Guest Anil k Solanki

_________My Bad I found an answer here; http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...---------------

Hi,

I was wondering what are the benefits of installing the Advanced Hardware Bus (AHB) add on? I can already over clock comfortably to 787Mhz. Is this some special sauce that makes things run faster? If so is it experimental?

Thanks. Anil

UPDATE 10 mins later...

I just installed AHB after doing a back up, and all is well. Phone booted up as always. Would really love to know what has actually happened? Is a bus now running faster?

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest Dark_Sorcerer
Do full wipe.

Hi!

I know it's a n00b question... But how do I do that? Is that the "factory reset" on clockwork?

Guest Len Ash
Hi!

I know it's a n00b question... But how do I do that? Is that the "factory reset" on clockwork?

yes, and "wipe cache"

Guest Dark_Sorcerer
Do full wipe.

yes, and "wipe cache"

Thank you both! You've been truly helpful! It did the trick! :mellow:

Kudos for both!

Guest eif
If you use the aosp_contacts addon you will need to wipe after installing it as join/split contacts won't work if the contacts where synced with the "old" version. Advanced users will find that not a full wipe is needed and wiping the data for the three Contacts apps will do the trick.

I've been using RLS5 for a week or so now and really like it but I would like to use the AOSP Dailer + Contacts addon WITHOUT wiping and losing all my data etc. Can someone provide details on how to apply the addon and delete the data for the three contacts app as stated above.

Many thanks

Gavin

Guest targetbsp
I just installed AHB after doing a back up, and all is well. Phone booted up as always. Would really love to know what has actually happened? Is a bus now running faster?

Yep, as it says in post 1 it boosts the bus speed by 50%. This makes the memory benchmarks much faster and boosts your quadrant score a bit. Whether it has any real world benefit... I don't know.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest npgall
Have you seen the SIP audio routing fix in CM7 by Tom_G? Any chance that it can be done in 2.2?

I'm also interested in this. Today I tried copying /system/lib/libaudio.so from CM 7.0.2 into the Swedish Spring rom, but it fails to boot, with logcat reporting UnsatisfiedLinkErrors about missing system_server or sound_server or something like that - sorry can't remember exactly (but I can repeat if anyone needs more info).

Specifically I'm interested in getting skype to work properly on Swedish Spring (i.e. currently audio doesn't route to the earpiece, only loudspeaker). I did patch skype to work around this issue, uploaded here if anyone wants it: https://jira.skype.com/browse/JSA-81 (scroll to the JSA-82 version). There's another discussion of that here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...pe-speaker-fix/

Today I also tried stock skype on Cyanogenmod 7.0.2 and it works great, audio routes to earpiece correctly, HOWEVER cyanogenmod has some serious issues with wifi and bluetooth, specifically you can't use both together, whereas in Swedish Spring they both work together just fine. I've taken to running spotify on the blade with some bluetooth speakers so I'm sticking with Swedish Spring for now. It would be great if the libaudio fix from CM7 could be ported to Swedish Spring, then everything would work correctly.

Guest Ewald_Be

Little problem here.

I think (I'm not sure) I transfered my mobile phone from Gen1 (origanlly) to Gen2, but I'm not sure.

Now my original Android is deleted, now I have clockworkMod 3.0.2.* on my phone.

Can I install Swedish spring, there I'm not sure that I've got Gen1 or Gen2?

Before I tried transfering the system it was Gen1.

Guest freecity
I must be missing something. In what way is a user action like that an issue with the rom?

Actually, I was trying shutting down my alarm...

GPS works well in my phone. It is quite a surprise for me. because I hav tried multiple ROMs, the first time, GPS works.

Guest Tripov
Little problem here.

I think (I'm not sure) I transfered my mobile phone from Gen1 (origanlly) to Gen2, but I'm not sure.

Now my original Android is deleted, now I have clockworkMod 3.0.2.* on my phone.

Can I install Swedish spring, there I'm not sure that I've got Gen1 or Gen2?

Before I tried transfering the system it was Gen1.

SS works both on GEN1 and GEN2. So go ahead. After the install you can use Ask Mr.Piggy app (see the stickies in this subforum to check what gen you are).

Guest quikfxp

I am not a hardcore Android user and haven't installed all the stuff some of you guys have, but after many failed attempted installing other ROMs and the touchscreen not working, the fixes in SS Rls5 my phone has worked perfectly and reliably....love it!!

And without the Orange crap its much more responsive :mellow:

Thanks guys

Guest Leif Porres
nice one hopefully now we can get rid of all the little bugs and get the best stable rom thankyou

Hej!

Förmodar jag kan skriva på svenska till Dig?

Vill tacka för ett mycket bra kok. Har provat Cyanogen mod7 och var mycket nöjd med den tills senaste "stabel Mode" allt funkade utom mitt Telenorkort? (no service)

Det som man saknar från 2.3.3 är nummerslagaren (större och bättre) och textredigeringen. Går det att få in ett annat nummerbord i denna version. Har letat efter något kontaktprogram som har större nummerbord men det enda som skulle vara något är Skypes. Det är riktigt bra. Förstår inte varför man har så små siffror?

Tack för ditt fina jobb med detta. Kommer donera. var så säker.

Guest Leif Porres
I've been using RLS5 for a week or so now and really like it but I would like to use the AOSP Dailer + Contacts addon WITHOUT wiping and losing all my data etc. Can someone provide details on how to apply the addon and delete the data for the three contacts app as stated above.

Many thanks

Gavin

Hi!

What is AOSP dealer. is it a bigger dealer than Org. 2.2? And if so where or how can I get it in my Blade. (I am on Swedish Spring)

Guest PeterDreher

kallt_kaffe

Could you PLEASE help the DEVs of CM7 with the Charging-Bug!

This bug is so awefull.

You helped out with a GPS-Fix, too. Is it possible for you get this other aweful bug sorted out?

THANKS a lot!