[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Savage19

Hey, Sorry this is a n00b question but I cant find the answer after searching...

Just installed RLS5 (looks great!) and in extra settings it says hardware accellerated UI is enabled.

I was just wondering (as I think it is) whether this is different to overclocking? If so what are the benefits of having it enabled?

Thanks

James

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Hi guys,

I was thinking of flashing the 50% OC addon, but what does AHB mean?

And does this make my phone's battery go quicker?

Thanks!

Guest lousou76

Hi,

I 'd like to make some changes to some of the applications included in this rom like the Mms.apk etc.

I have installed the android sdk, eclipse etc and have written a few simpel apps.

Is it possible to download the sources, make the related changes to one or two apps and recompile those to replace the ones in the rom?

I have tried downloading the git sources but when compiling they give all sorts of errors.

Thank you.

Guest k0zmic
Hey, Sorry this is a n00b question but I cant find the answer after searching...

Just installed RLS5 (looks great!) and in extra settings it says hardware accellerated UI is enabled.

I was just wondering (as I think it is) whether this is different to overclocking? If so what are the benefits of having it enabled?

Thanks

James

Correct, overclocking increases the frequency of the processor whereas Hardware acceleration utilizes the GPU I think.

It just makes the UI smoother. Try with it on and without for yourself and see if it makes a significant difference as having it on might use up slightly more battery.

Guest k0zmic
Hi guys,

I was thinking of flashing the 50% OC addon, but what does AHB mean?

And does this make my phone's battery go quicker?

Thanks!

Accelerated Hardware Bus.

Yep it does.

Guest Savage19
Correct, overclocking increases the frequency of the processor whereas Hardware acceleration utilizes the GPU I think.

It just makes the UI smoother. Try with it on and without for yourself and see if it makes a significant difference as having it on might use up slightly more battery.

Thanks for the reply, will try it out and see how it affects the battery

Guest ValiantSaint

Hi, is this the best 2.2 ROM available? It seems a lot of people are using it at the moment. Also, which of the files in the opening post should I download if I want to put this on my "Gen 1" OSF? Thanks : )

Edited by ValiantSaint

Guest k0zmic
Hi, is this the best 2.2 ROM available? It seems a lot of people are using it at the moment. Also, which of the files in the opening post should I download if I want to put this on my "Gen 1" OSF? Thanks : )

It's the most up to date apart from the Remix's or other ROM's like FLB. For me it's the best balance between speed, stability and battery life.

This one: http://www.mediafire.com/?iv91d1edrd2iytj

Edited by k0zmic

Guest ValiantSaint
It's the most up to date apart from the Remix's or other ROM's like FLB. For me it's the best balance between speed, stability and battery life.

This one: http://www.mediafire.com/?iv91d1edrd2iytj

That's most kind of you, thanks. I still have a nagging doubt in my mind that I should go for a 2.3 ROM, though. God knows why.......

Guest k0zmic
That's most kind of you, thanks. I still have a nagging doubt in my mind that I should go for a 2.3 ROM, though. God knows why.......

Give both a try. CM7 is still slightly buggy but your mileage will vary. You'll need the converter to use CM7 on Gen 1 though or upgrade to Gen 2.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest ValiantSaint
Give both a try. CM7 is still slightly buggy but your mileage will vary. You'll need the converter to use CM7 on Gen 1 though or upgrade to Gen 2.

If I go for the SS RLS5, then decide to have a go with the CM7, just how do I change over from one to the other? Thanks : )

Guest ValiantSaint
http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/

Full instructions above. It will install CM7, if you don't like it just reboot into recovery and install SS RLS5.

Thanks. Can I go from SS RLS5 to CM7 as well? (Fancy trying the more stable one first) Also, I have an 8GB Micro SD card in another phone. If I swap over to the other SD card from the 2GB one I have in the phone now, will I lose the recovery manager (and the other software I have already installed) and will this cause any problems with the ROM I have installed? (I haven't yet, just asking)

Guest k0zmic
Thanks. Can I go from SS RLS5 to CM7 as well? (Fancy trying the more stable one first) Also, I have an 8GB Micro SD card in another phone. If I swap over to the other SD card from the 2GB one I have in the phone now, will I lose the recovery manager (and the other software I have already installed) and will this cause any problems with the ROM I have installed? (I haven't yet, just asking)

Sure. Just install SS RLS5 via recovery as it works on Gen 1 and Gen 2.

If you want to upgrade to CM7 either upgrade to Gen 2 using the TPT method or flash CM7 but before you boot up flash the converter too.

You won't lose the recovery itself (the Vol - & Power) but you might lose the Recovery Manager app and the other apps if they're on your SD Card or EXT Partition. Swapping cards has caused problems in my experience so it's best not do (unless you need to).

When you change ROM's you can backup your apps via Titanium Backup (recommend the Pro version) and MyBackup as they'll save the apps to your SD Card along with their data e.g. game saves. Both are on the Market. But don't backup system data and apps, only user apps.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest ValiantSaint
Sure. Just install SS RLS5 via recovery as it works on Gen 1 and Gen 2.

If you want to upgrade to CM7 either upgrade to Gen 2 using the TPT method or flash CM7 but before you boot up flash the converter too.

You won't lose the recovery itself (the Vol - & Power) but you might lose the Recovery Manager app and the other apps if they're on your SD Card or EXT Partition. Swapping cards has caused problems in my experience so it's best not do (unless you need to).

When you change ROM's you can backup your apps via Titanium Backup (recommend the Pro version) and MyBackup as they'll save the apps to your SD Card along with their data e.g. game saves. Both are on the Market. But don't backup system data and apps, only user apps.

So should I swap the cards before I flash the ROM? Does it matter that the card comes from another phone? (Should I format it first?)

Guest k0zmic
So should I swap the cards before I flash the ROM? Does it matter that the card comes from another phone? (Should I format it first?)

What phone is it from? It probably doesn't need formatting since it's from another phone so swap before.

If you want to use an EXT partition (instead of the Froyo Apps2SD method) then partition BEFORE flashing the ROM and then flash it.

Guest Mikeandme
If you want to use an EXT partition (instead of the Froyo Apps2SD method) then partition BEFORE flashing the ROM and then flash it.

I know this is probably a bit off topic but does that mean that with Android 2.2 you don't need any partition on the SD card, it does it all for you? If so where does it put the info as I'm not aware of seeing it appear on the card.

Thanks in advance.

Guest davidnintendo

Thank you for this ROM! I've just installed it on my Blade with a GingerBread theme and it works perfect! I hope it improves batery life compared with CyanogenMod, because that's the main reason I've changed it. The only thing I miss from CyanogenMod are the toggles on the notification bar. Any way to get something similar in this ROM?

Guest BL4D3

Just registered to give my thanks in the threads that helped me out.

I just flashed to this ROM a couple of hours ago (RLS5) and am liking what I see so far. Only had the phone a couple of weeks but reading through this forum has taught me so much.

Just so this post isn't entirely useless...

@Mikeandme: AFAIK A2SD uses a folder called .Android_Secure on the SD card for Apps moved there.

Guest k0zmic
I know this is probably a bit off topic but does that mean that with Android 2.2 you don't need any partition on the SD card, it does it all for you? If so where does it put the info as I'm not aware of seeing it appear on the card.

Thanks in advance.

Yep it does it all for you.

Guest k0zmic
Thank you for this ROM! I've just installed it on my Blade with a GingerBread theme and it works perfect! I hope it improves batery life compared with CyanogenMod, because that's the main reason I've changed it. The only thing I miss from CyanogenMod are the toggles on the notification bar. Any way to get something similar in this ROM?

I think there's an app called QuickSettings on the Market.

Guest bob100

Hey just installed this rom.

Thanks working great so far.

I only have one problem so far is that in the application menu (where you can pick which app to open) the screen does not auto rotate when i rotate the phone to landscape.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Is there any settings i need to change?

Guest davidnintendo
I think there's an app called QuickSettings on the Market.

Nice! It's not as good as real toggles, but it works. Thanks!

Now I have other problem relate to the Music app. A lot of my music is shown as "Unknown artist" and some CD covers are not loaded, even though the music information is perfect on ID3 tags and even organized by folders. Everything was fine on my HTC Magic and when I used CyanogenMod on my Blade, but not in Swedish Spring and I didn't change anything at all. I've tried deleting media data twice and when it loads music again it keeps showing unknown artist. I even tried reflashing the ROM, wipe included. Same result. Any help?

Guest k0zmic
Nice! It's not as good as real toggles, but it works. Thanks!

Now I have other problem relate to the Music app. A lot of my music is shown as "Unknown artist" and some CD covers are not loaded, even though the music information is perfect on ID3 tags and even organized by folders. Everything was fine on my HTC Magic and when I used CyanogenMod on my Blade, but not in Swedish Spring and I didn't change anything at all. I've tried deleting media data twice and when it loads music again it keeps showing unknown artist. I even tried reflashing the ROM, wipe included. Same result. Any help?

I think CM reads it differently. Have you tried a different Music player e.g. PowerAMP?

Guest davidnintendo
I think CM reads it differently. Have you tried a different Music player e.g. PowerAMP?

PowerAMP shows them okay, but I would like to use the inclided music player better. I don't understand why Android has so many problems with music. When I was using my Magic, both official Froyo and CyanogenMod 6.1 read my aac files bad and I had to arrange them by folders, and now this. Maybe it has something to do with Froyo and not with this particular ROM?