[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest k0zmic
PowerAMP shows them okay, but I would like to use the inclided music player better. I don't understand why Android has so many problems with music. When I was using my Magic, both official Froyo and CyanogenMod 6.1 read my aac files bad and I had to arrange them by folders, and now this. Maybe it has something to do with Froyo and not with this particular ROM?

Ah, maybe. If it is a Froyo issue then I don't think there's much that can be done about it unfortunately.

Guest Anil k Solanki
I think there's an app called QuickSettings on the Market.

Excellent recommendation. I can access key functions all the time and get rid of a Widget thanks to this app.

Thanks. Anil.

Guest Hanks6

changed to Gen 2 and I think the Dialer wakelock issue has gone!

will leave it on for a while longer but I reckon it's fixed. something else called UID 10023 is quite near the top of the partial wake list though, anybody have any ideas what that is? hopefully it's nothing serious or abnormally functioning like the dialer was before.

Guest k0zmic
changed to Gen 2 and I think the Dialer wakelock issue has gone!

will leave it on for a while longer but I reckon it's fixed. something else called UID 10023 is quite near the top of the partial wake list though, anybody have any ideas what that is? hopefully it's nothing serious or abnormally functioning like the dialer was before.

There is an app called "Quick System info Pro". If you install it from the Market, open it and click on the processes tab. There it will list all the running processes on your phone. If you long press anything in the list, it will give you a list of options. One of them is "details". If you use that option it will give you the UID of that process.

Guest Super Ted

Installed this on a gen1 device. All booted up nicely but its not got any gsm data connection. Wifi works fine, but can't do any data stuff with it turned off. Ideas?

Edit: i'm on o2 uk. Full wipe before I installed the rom. Any other info required, please ask.

Edited by Super Ted

Guest robygom

Hi, installed this since 2 weeks and all works just fine. Great work. I'm on Gen1 and with a phone from Orange.

Just one lil issue, maybe i'm just paranoid, but i have 2 phones that are identical. Before installing SS i had the same GPS signal, now on the one with SS i get the GPS position a bit slower and less satellite are found. With GPS test i get with the stock rom phone 9 signals, with the one with SS i get like 5. The settings i can change are identical.

I'll make some more tests, if someone is interested let me know and i'll report.

Guest abdn-android
Hi, installed this since 2 weeks and all works just fine. Great work. I'm on Gen1 and with a phone from Orange.

Just one lil issue, maybe i'm just paranoid, but i have 2 phones that are identical. Before installing SS i had the same GPS signal, now on the one with SS i get the GPS position a bit slower and less satellite are found. With GPS test i get with the stock rom phone 9 signals, with the one with SS i get like 5. The settings i can change are identical.

I'll make some more tests, if someone is interested let me know and i'll report.

I'd definitely be curious about your findings. I've experimented with a few gps.conf options with uncertain results on SS RSL5. I currently seem to be taking a bit longer to get GPS lock than I have seen in other ROMS (on JJ9 and CM7). Are you using a-gps or not? What servers?

Guest k0zmic
Installed this on a gen1 device. All booted up nicely but its not got any gsm data connection. Wifi works fine, but can't do any data stuff with it turned off. Ideas?

Edit: i'm on o2 uk. Full wipe before I installed the rom. Any other info required, please ask.

Checked your APN's under Settings > Wireless Settings > Mobile Networks > GSM/UMTS Options > APN's

Guest Super Ted
Checked your APN's under Settings > Wireless Settings > Mobile Networks > GSM/UMTS Options > APN's

Perfect. Id checked them before but had forgot to select one. Thanks.

Guest BL4D3

I've read through all 103 (!) pages of this thread now and have noticed a discrepancy in the a2sd figures on my phone that hasn't been mentioned here before.

As reported in Titanium

SD Card (a2sd): 217 MB (90.8 MB Free)

As reported in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > On SD Card

Angry Birds 2.22 MB

Home Switcher 268 KB

This indicates to me that either the .Android_Secure folder has 123.7 MB of space being used by something that is not being reported by Application Management or that Titanium is reporting the numbers incorrectly.

When I flashed the ROM (full wipe) I restored several apps (no settings) from Titanium backups and they all went to the phone apart from Angry Birds which went straight to the card with no prompting. The other curiosity is that Angry Birds should be 17 MB shouldn't it?

Any ideas on what is occurring here and how to fix it? I still have loads of space at the moment do this is not a problem yet. If I moved these 2 apps to the phone and deleted the .Android_Secure folder would it be recreated on next boot?

Any insights appreciated :unsure:

Guest KodiakOne

Thank you! Replaced my CM7 because it still sucks, tho they released the stable ver... Now restoring apps with Titanium!

Guest k0zmic
I've read through all 103 (!) pages of this thread now and have noticed a discrepancy in the a2sd figures on my phone that hasn't been mentioned here before.

As reported in Titanium

SD Card (a2sd): 217 MB (90.8 MB Free)

As reported in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > On SD Card

Angry Birds 2.22 MB

Home Switcher 268 KB

This indicates to me that either the .Android_Secure folder has 123.7 MB of space being used by something that is not being reported by Application Management or that Titanium is reporting the numbers incorrectly.

When I flashed the ROM (full wipe) I restored several apps (no settings) from Titanium backups and they all went to the phone apart from Angry Birds which went straight to the card with no prompting. The other curiosity is that Angry Birds should be 17 MB shouldn't it?

Any ideas on what is occurring here and how to fix it? I still have loads of space at the moment do this is not a problem yet. If I moved these 2 apps to the phone and deleted the .Android_Secure folder would it be recreated on next boot?

Any insights appreciated :unsure:

Angry Birds is set to go to the SD Card automatically by the developers.

Nope 2MB on the phone memory sounds about right the other data is plunked on the SD Card in the Android Secure Folder.

Just go into Manage Applications > On SD Card and move the apps that are on the SD Card onto the EXT partition by clicking move to phone (Android thinks your EXT Partition is Phone Memory).

It would be recreated I think.

Guest k0zmic
Thank you! Replaced my CM7 because it still sucks, tho they released the stable ver... Now restoring apps with Titanium!

Stable only means the Cyanogen specific stuff is 'stable', not the entire build.

Guest Searcher2

I have just installed Swedish Spring RLS5 after having use the Orange Stock rom for a couple of weeks. The install seemed to go fine. I have Wifi on okay but I want to set the APN so that I can get data working. However, when I go through Settings / Wireless & Networks / Mobile Networks there is no option for "Access Point Names".

My O2 SIM is recognised and I can make calls.

How do I get to Access Point Names? I have done a quick search and not found anything yet.

Guest Snipperdag
I have just installed Swedish Spring RLS5 after having use the Orange Stock rom for a couple of weeks. The install seemed to go fine. I have Wifi on okay but I want to set the APN so that I can get data working. However, when I go through Settings / Wireless & Networks / Mobile Networks there is no option for "Access Point Names".

My O2 SIM is recognised and I can make calls.

How do I get to Access Point Names? I have done a quick search and not found anything yet.

ignore me :unsure:

Edited by Snipperdag

Guest jasonXXx

@KK

@ALL

Ok im using a modified Swedish Spring RLS5 i have updated my phone to GEN2 using wbaw’s Gen2 v4 that all went smooth. The problem im having is wbaw’s Gen2 v5 changes the cache partition to 2MB so now im having market downloading problems i can only download very small apps RLS5 says it redirects cache to ramdisk if lower then 2MB im sure this is done via the userinit script this does not seem to be working now if i use a modified init.qcom.post_boot http://pastebin.com/hZDevXCR then it works fine but i would like to use the userinit script any suggestions? thanks.

Guest jonmac73
How do I add Voice Dial to this rom? Oo

Same problem here .... don't know when it started - went from RLS3 to 5 and no voice dialling.

Anyone suggest what I need to re-install or alternate app ?

Guest I900-Nutzer

Hmm - with SS RLS5 i cant connect to my Zarafa-Server (kind of Exchange-Server). Connection times out when the Assistant tries to connect to the Server. Under CM7 everything works flawlessly ...

Any Hints?

Thx!

Guest mkzee

Using this ROM since last couple of week and it is one of the best ROMs from both performance and stability point of view.

I have seen few people reported Wifi Tethering issue. Has anyone found a workaround to solve it?

In my case, I can turn on wifi tethering, my notebook tries to connect to it but ends up in limited connectivity hence no internet access on notebook. I can see same issue when i try to use wireless tether app.

Guest jasonXXx
Using this ROM since last couple of week and it is one of the best ROMs from both performance and stability point of view.

I have seen few people reported Wifi Tethering issue. Has anyone found a workaround to solve it?

In my case, I can turn on wifi tethering, my notebook tries to connect to it but ends up in limited connectivity hence no internet access on notebook. I can see same issue when i try to use wireless tether app.

Hmm yes i get the same problem i have only just tested this hope there is a fix.

Guest k0zmic

Hmm yes i get the same problem i have only just tested this hope there is a fix.

Download Wireless Tether, it does the same thing.

Guest freecity

seems the phone signal is not good, friends say my phone cannot be reached sometimes, not sure if it is an issue of the ROM.