[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest geegeethatsme
Thanks for the mail - voicedialer.apk - won't install on mine.

grants SU rights - lokks like it's installing, then says install failed. Any ideas ?

Just to recap am after voice dialler facility (just for use handsfree) as seems to be missing from RLS5. Thanks

Beats me. I've dropped that into rom after rom as I've experimented with them and it's worked fine. It does exactly what you want - launch app and you're prompted to speak, say "Call xxx" and off it goes. Have you checked 'Settings - Applications - Unknown Sources' to allow non-Market apps to install? Any options in 'Settings - Voice input and output' you can toggle?

If that doesn't do it, hope other forum members might have better advice.

Guest Chris Banks

After using wbaw'st TPT [GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable i found CM7 isnt for me just yet, so i flashed back RLS5 with full wipe etc.

All works fine apart from i cant download anything from the market. It just says downloading, but never does.

I have a feeling it may be an issue with the cache size?

I have tried reflashing a few times now, but with no look.

Any advice?

Thanks

Guest TheBrainKafka

@kaltkaffee:

Wifi potential security issue for Android <2.3.4

Will we get the update also automaticaly?

"Today we’re starting to roll out a fix which addresses a potential security flaw that could, under certain circumstances, allow a third party access to data available in calendar and contacts. This fix requires no action from users and will roll out globally over the next few days.

(Androidpolice.com)"

Guest Carbonize

The fix is probably an update to the two apks sine they both send in the login details unencrypted. To be honest the exploit is not that new as the same can be said of any login made on an unencrypted wifi connection.

Guest FrownBreaker
The fix is probably an update to the two apks sine they both send in the login details unencrypted. To be honest the exploit is not that new as the same can be said of any login made on an unencrypted wifi connection.

If this related to the token auth spoofing reported by researchers in Germany earlier this week, the Google severs have been updated to address this. No client updated needed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13454198

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology...-of-phones.html

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest alexkou

Hi

The file Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip is 80Mb and not 120 as you mention.

Why is that? I am asking because I cant install the rls5 and I was wondering if there is any problem with the file you uploaded!

Guest darkado

hi guys, i need your help :P

a2sd on my swedish spring is not working. i repartitioned the sd card to see if that helps but it didn't.

titanium backup sees the a2sd partition so does quick system info too and i can access system/sd with root explorer but my apps are just not

installing there.

how can i fix this?

Edited by darkado

Guest k0zmic
hi guys, i need your help :P

a2sd on my swedish spring is not working. i repartitioned the sd card to see if that helps but it didn't.

titanium backup sees the a2sd partition so does quick system info too and i can access system/sd with root explorer but my apps are just not

installing there.

how can i fix this?

Your apps are probably going to the SD Card but on the FAT 32 Partition. Go into Manage Applications in Settings and click on the SD Card tab and see what apps are there.

Guest darkado

i tried moving existing sd apps to phone memory (they should then move to a2sd partition but they aren't) and installing new apps but still no luck

Guest geegeethatsme
i tried moving existing sd apps to phone memory (they should then move to a2sd partition but they aren't) and installing new apps but still no luck

Assuming you've repartitioned your sd card into two partitions (FAT32 and ext2/3/4 - ext3 recommended), then you need to ensure the ext3 partition is mounted and then get DarkTremor A2SD to run. You can mount the ext3 partition by booting into ClockworkMod - it's a toggle switch in the menu (possibly in the Advanced menu) so if it offers you the option to 'mount' then select that. If the option is to unmount, then the ext3 partition is already mounted and you can reboot into SS5. Get A2SDGUI from the market which is an app written specifically for DarkTremor and chose the option to move apps to sd card. Your system will reboot and the DarkTremor scripts will run during the boot process and move your apps to the ext3 partition. You can check the new memory allocations in Titanium. An alternative approach to the GUI app, is to do as suggested by Simono and run a DarkTremor command from a Terminal app on the phone.

su

/system/bin/a2sd reinstall

You'll see a stream of lines as the programme runs. If there's a problem with any line, there will be an X in square brackets, i.e. [X], which will indicate where the programme failed to complete. That should give you a pointer to where any further problem might lie, but it shouldn't.

Edited by geegeethatsme

Guest geegeethatsme
There is numerous bugs in this release. Why is it the last release.?

Well probably because kallt_kaffe has other priorities in his life. What he's given us is, on my setup and with my pattern of use, the most capable and stable of all the roms I've tried in the 8 months I've had my SF. I cannot think of a single bug I've encountered that has caused me a serious problem, and that I've not been able to fix with good advice from other forum members, either directly or by reading their findings and suggestions - most recently on getting a-gps working (thanks to wbaw, LanceH and shmizan). What "numerous bugs", specifically, are you encountering?

For info, my set up is Gen1 SF (it's been to Gen2 and back), OLED, B05, stock system/data/cache partitions, ext3 partition on the sd card with DarkTremor active, nofrills CPU to SS5 stock settings - 122mhz to 604 mhz and ondemand governor. Accelerometer works, prox sensor works, camera works, no scroll lag to my eye, battery life is fine, GPS locks in 10secs outdoors and within 30 secs indoors, imperceptible signal noise on voice calls, charges fine on AC or USB, and usb file transfers - either drag and drop or adb - are seamless. In short, SS5 is a cracker IMHO.

Guest lousou76

Dear friend,

I wanted to add some features to the Messaging application included in the Sweedish Spring ROM, (i think it's the same on older JJ9).

I have downloaded and compiled succesfully entire froyo source but the Messaging application included in swe has better colors, icons etc and really don't have the time to deal with that as well.

Would it be possible for you to give me the packages/apps/Mms source tree from the sweedish rls5 ROM so I can make the changes I want and replace it in my phone?

I only changed the MessagingNotification.java file adding SMS delivery report notifications on taskbar (I dont like the toast message).

Is this source tree available anywhere for me to find so I can compile it?

Thank you very much for everything.

Best regards,

LS

Guest k0zmic
Well probably because kallt_kaffe has other priorities in his life. What he's given us is, on my setup and with my pattern of use, the most capable and stable of all the roms I've tried in the 8 months I've had my SF. I cannot think of a single bug I've encountered that has caused me a serious problem, and that I've not been able to fix with good advice from other forum members. What "numerous bugs", specifically, are you encountering?

In short, SS5 is a cracker IMHO.

Exactly, developers have a life outside of developing as well.

Please state the 'bugs' you're having and people will try to assist you.

Guest k0zmic
Dear friend,

I wanted to add some features to the Messaging application included in the Sweedish Spring ROM, (i think it's the same on older JJ9).

I have downloaded and compiled succesfully entire froyo source but the Messaging application included in swe has better colors, icons etc and really don't have the time to deal with that as well.

Would it be possible for you to give me the packages/apps/Mms source tree from the sweedish rls5 ROM so I can make the changes I want and replace it in my phone?

I only changed the MessagingNotification.java file adding SMS delivery report notifications on taskbar (I dont like the toast message).

Is this source tree available anywhere for me to find so I can compile it?

Thank you very much for everything.

Best regards,

LS

I'm quite ignorant on source trees and stuff but the Messaging app is the stock Froyo one subsequently, it might be in the AOSP tree as MMS under here: http://android.git.kernel.org/

It may be in the Cyanogen 6 tree as well but I'm not too sure.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest lousou76
I'm quite ignorant on source trees and stuff but the Messaging app is the stock Froyo one subsequently, it might be in the AOSP tree as MMS under here: http://android.git.kernel.org/

It may be in the Cyanogen 6 tree as well but I'm not too sure.

Yes , as I have writen I 've downloaded the official stock froyo messaging app but it looks like it's not the same with the one in the sweedish spring tree. It has different colors and many other icons and definitions and I did wanted to use these ones instead.

I now use those from stock froyo and am not happy with that although it works as I wanted.

Guest darkado
Assuming you've repartitioned your sd card into two partitions (FAT32 and ext2/3/4 - ext3 recommended), then you need to ensure the ext3 partition is mounted and then get DarkTremor A2SD to run. You can mount the ext3 partition by booting into ClockworkMod - it's a toggle switch in the menu (possibly in the Advanced menu) so if it offers you the option to 'mount' then select that. If the option is to unmount, then the ext3 partition is already mounted and you can reboot into SS5. Get A2SDGUI from the market which is an app written specifically for DarkTremor and chose the option to move apps to sd card. Your system will reboot and the DarkTremor scripts will run during the boot process and move your apps to the ext3 partition. You can check the new memory allocations in Titanium. An alternative approach to the GUI app, is to do as suggested by Simono and run a DarkTremor command from a Terminal app on the phone.

su

/system/bin/a2sd reinstall

You'll see a stream of lines as the programme runs. If there's a problem with any line, there will be an X in square brackets, i.e. [X], which will indicate where the programme failed to complete. That should give you a pointer to where any further problem might lie, but it shouldn't.

a2sdgui did the trick, thanks a lot

Guest Shahmatt

Hey guys. I have a couple of questions.

When I get a SMS, I see that for a brief instant the message appears in the notification bar right on top. I would like the message to continue to appear there for a little while longer. How can I tweak this?

About the HTC IME Mod keyboard. I think this is a great keyboard and with the tweaks makes it super easy to use. I definitely prefer it to Swype, and Flex T9. Is it possible to download this keyboard from somewhere for installation on another Android device? It does not appear on the Android marketplace!