[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rockstarszzzz
Nope, just dalvik should be fine

Dalvik will be fine too. But that AHB version will just drain your battery faster without any noticeable performance gain, IMO.

Thanks for that!

I wiped dalvid and flashed 'softbank' one.

Now how do I check if I've changed the kernel?

I went to about phone - it says Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@zdroid-SMT. To me it means foreign language. Can anyone help me figure out how to check if I've successfully flashed to new kernel or is it still default SSRL5?

Guest k0zmic
Thanks for that!

I wiped dalvid and flashed 'softbank' one.

Now how do I check if I've changed the kernel?

I went to about phone - it says Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@zdroid-SMT. To me it means foreign language. Can anyone help me figure out how to check if I've successfully flashed to new kernel or is it still default SSRL5?

In clockwork did it say successful? If so I'm 99% sure it would be fine.

Guest orangeman2003

come back to this rom after trying some 2.3 roms

i dont think the 2.3 roms are up to this roms par yet

Edited by orangeman2003

Guest rockstarszzzz
In clockwork did it say successful? If so I'm 99% sure it would be fine.

Yhanks for the repsonse k0zmic, Yes clockwork did say successful but am not sure if it's changed. I just wanted to see what difference there is between original kernel and softbank kernel. But obviously for that I must know if I was 100% successful or not.

Guest ribariba

hi there,

I got problem with GPS... i'm not the only one and i red that for some of you GPS reception is not rom dependent.

I tried CM7. And surprise, the GPS fix in about 30 sec everytime i used it... but the battery life was too short so I reflashed via clockwork from a nandroid backup.

But now, with SS RLS5, the gps fix doesn't work anymore... sometimes, the phone can lock GPS but it loses it after some seconds...

I could perform a full wipe cache and dalvik but i took a long time to configure my phone, i have many apps, SDEXT, etc... and i'm looking for another solution than perfome a wipe...

Is anybody can help me ?

Thanks

Guest no1john
Try My Phone Number by Lytsing from the Market. Worked for me.

Just installed it, works perfectly. No more empty grey box where my phone number should be

Guest magikstar29

what is the difference with RLS5 et RLS5 AHB overclock?

no frills cpu work with both or just RLS5 without AHB overclock?

In fact i don't knows wath is AHB overclock,can anyone explain me?

Guest Jon76
hi there,

I got problem with GPS... i'm not the only one and i red that for some of you GPS reception is not rom dependent.

I tried CM7. And surprise, the GPS fix in about 30 sec everytime i used it... but the battery life was too short so I reflashed via clockwork from a nandroid backup.

But now, with SS RLS5, the gps fix doesn't work anymore... sometimes, the phone can lock GPS but it loses it after some seconds...

I could perform a full wipe cache and dalvik but i took a long time to configure my phone, i have many apps, SDEXT, etc... and i'm looking for another solution than perfome a wipe...

Is anybody can help me ?

Thanks

I don't think AGPS is enabled. Not sure if it can be? - update look here:-

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...emix2-phat-one/

Edited by Jon76

Guest k0zmic
what is the difference with RLS5 et RLS5 AHB overclock?

no frills cpu work with both or just RLS5 without AHB overclock?

In fact i don't knows wath is AHB overclock,can anyone explain me?

The accelerated hardware bus is overclocked.

It works with both.

Guest magikstar29
The accelerated hardware bus is overclocked.

It works with both.

so i flash RLS5 then flash rls5 ahb or just RLS5 integrate ahb overclock?

Edited by magikstar29

Guest k0zmic
i can flash the theme of Anil k Solanki also or must be the phone booting one time before?

Let it boot once.

Reboot.

Recovery.

Flash theme.

Guest Maede

I tried RLS4 and 5 and I still have the following problem:

I cannot activate bluetooth: when I activate, the button turns grey after a few seconds.

In contacts: I cannot use displaysettings: the phone goes in an endless 'loading...' loop.

Perhaps I will have to format the internal memory and try a new installation.

Bluetooth worked with the earlier froyo 2.2, but marketplace didn't work. I don't know witch ROM it was, I got the phone second hand...

Guest BL4D3

I've been running RLS5 now for about a month and everything has been very smooth with excellent battery life.

I noticed today though that my battery had drained by 50% in only 8 hrs with no usage whatsoever apart from a little light reading of an ebook on the commute to work. After a little investigation I noticed that the Home/Menu/Back buttons wake my phone indicating that it has not been sleeping. Checking for Partial Wake usage in Spare Parts shows nothing unusual (Android system 3 minutes is the highest) but Other usage shows Running at 100%. Very odd.

I was assuming that an app was causing this but I have ended everything with a task killer and it has made no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'll reboot, recharge and see if it persists.

Edit: Reboot fixed it. If only 'turn it off and turn it on again' worked for everything in life!!!

Edited by BL4D3

Guest Farquea

can anyone answer me this. How do i save pictures sent in a text message to my SD card. I want to get them off my phone to my computer but i can only open them from the text message which opens them in the Gallery app. When viewing them none of the buttons work like Menu, so i cant save or do anything with them other than just look at them.

Anyone help?

Guest skippydoo

does anyone know what im doing wrong. I transfer the zipped file from my pc to sd card fine. the file is swedish_spring_rls5.zip, its still zip on the sd card however when i use astro to do md5 checksum no value? Had same problem with r12 also. Many thanks if you can help

Guest flshg
does anyone know what im doing wrong. I transfer the zipped file from my pc to sd card fine. the file is swedish_spring_rls5.zip, its still zip on the sd card however when i use astro to do md5 checksum no value? Had same problem with r12 also. Many thanks if you can help

Try a different MD5 file checker, there are a few on the market. Make sure you're doing the md5 check on the zip file itself, not on the files within it (you shouldnt need to extract any of the files yourself). Is the file fully downloaded as well - same size as shown on the forum page?

Guest skippydoo
Try a different MD5 file checker, there are a few on the market. Make sure you're doing the md5 check on the zip file itself, not on the files within it (you shouldnt need to extract any of the files yourself). Is the file fully downloaded as well - same size as shown on the forum page?

Thanks for trying to help me, it seems that problem solved. May have been a delay in displaying the md5 checksum under astro. I thought I would take a picture to post of the screen, and it appeared after a while! Thanks

Guest skippydoo

following the r12 guide, but going to use swedish spring, md5 check sum perfect now. When I run recovery manager however it says 'sorry!the application recovery manager (process com.podtwo.recoverymanager) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. I have forced close and relaunched it from app drawer, relaunched it from sd card directory. restarted the phone and tried it all again.

Guest hayenne

Hi community

I'm a complete newbie to Android world, just got Orange SanFran, using very comprehensible guides from this forum and some Google I managed to unlock, root and flash RLS5 to my device in under 2 hours; many thanks on that!

I've got a question, just to clarify - can I flash all the themes from this topic (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-themes-and-design-customisation/331963/themes-unified-theme-thread/) to RLS5?

Guest k0zmic
Hi community

I'm a complete newbie to Android world, just got Orange SanFran, using very comprehensible guides from this forum and some Google I managed to unlock, root and flash RLS5 to my device in under 2 hours; many thanks on that!

I've got a question, just to clarify - can I flash all the themes from this topic (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-themes-and-design-customisation/331963/themes-unified-theme-thread/) to RLS5?

That is correct.

Guest Daniel.Stevens

Hey there...

I bought the Blade for my mum to get rid of her Palm Pre ;0) Surely I wanted to install a Froyo-Rom and found this nearly perfect one. Thx for the ROM !!!

Now let´s start the whining, shall we ? *lol*

I spent the last hour searching for a way to use the back button as a constant notification LED (mine only flashes if the screen is on as soon as it´s off the back button stops flashing) because my mum is a pain in the ass about that *lol*

The only thing I found is using flash notify but she didn´t like that very much: "Thx very much.. Now that thing is flashing it´s ass off and drives me crazy!"

So I searched some more ....

I found a couple of answers but none for this rom...

If there´s no workaround for that could someone please tell me if it´s a huge difference between this and the Modaco Custom ROM r12 because I read that the Notification is working there...

Greetings from germany and thx in advance ;0)

Guest magikstar29

hello all,

I wish I could manage the applications that start automatically when the phone starts.

What application do you recommend to disable the automatic launch at startup?