25 Mar: NVflash stock ROM release: v10b dated 1300166062 (15/03/2011)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kakemanx

Hi

I'm trying to get the drivers installed but no luck..

Following the description to the best i can, but still....

Phone (obviously :) ) off..

Batt out

Holding vol up+down

inserting USB cable (on the back of the PC)

*pling plong* Pc recognises the APX unit

Device manager, upgrade driver. selectiiong the right folder.. upgrade .. . . . . . .

Fail to install drivers, INF file not signed.....

What can i do?... im running XP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hackworks

I used NVflash yesterday to ensure my device is in a clean state (stock). Found a few things that might be of interest:

State:

- NVflash & drivers properly setup

- Remove batter and plug in USB with vol up & down pressed

1. If you type 'nvflash --sync' and try flash.bat, it just does nothing and stays on

2. Get back to above state by pulling USB and again press vol up & down and plug USB

3. DO NOT TYPE ANY NVFLASH COMMAND

4. Run 'flash.bat', works the first time!

My uneducated guess (but a hacker mentality)

- I think the device runs in a mode which can handle only 1 nvflash command. Maybe it writes somewhere to read 1 command from the USB port instead of running a service (daemon) like adb

Request someone with more knowledge to validate my finding or is it just coincidence and I am trying to fit a theory :-)

Guest atiqkh
Need a little help please. I'm trying to help someone who used this restore on a p999 by mistake. What would I do to make the exact restore for the p999. I will try this from mine. The baseband is really the only thing he hasn't fixed. Thanks ahead of time.

Hi I am new this forum...recently i bough Lg O2X....but i think i bricked it...now i am trying to unbricked it with little or almost no success... i am using nvflash tool to do so.

when i use the command it stuck at the following stage and my device does not show anything at all

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000

sending file: fastboot.bin

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

waiting for bootloader to initialize

bootloader failed NvError 0x0

command failure: bootloader download failed

at the moment i am trying to download new ROMs for NV flash as mentioned above....please please help me out in this regards;

Thank you in advance...

Guest atiqkh

Please help me with this error it always stuck on

System Information:

chip name: unknown

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0xf

chip uid: 0x033c11c542c0e197

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sbk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: emmc

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 17

sdram config strap: 0

sending file: E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct sent successfully

odm data: 0xc8000

i am using win 7 64 bit....my device is Lg optimus 2x....what i am missing here....can not see anything on my phone...

Guest iSlash75

Well I planted my LG (LG logo stuck on the etr more accessible to recovery) so I used nvflash but when I click on the volume - and + the screen stays black, even when I run nvflash, all is well , jai all "done" that appears, the screen of msdos pc off but remains on mobile s / w upgrade

Guest jambezuk

i am using win 7 64 bit....my device is Lg optimus 2x....what i am missing here....can not see anything on my phone...

I experienced the same problem on my first LG2X - pretty sure the GPU was fried as it had major display corruption twice within 3 days after which the phone would not boot for about 10 mins the first time or ever the second. (When my laptop's GPU went I had similar display corruption)

Swapped phones at the shop and never had a problem with the new one. First one was dead within 5 days of ownership.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gaww1

I'm please to make the latest (*at time of writing) LG 2X ROM release available for your use in NVFlash format. This is doubly useful as it provides us with a great 'disaster recovery' solution for when we're playing with new ROMs, recoveries etc. :D

Please note that you use this at your own risk!

NVFlash is for use on Windows PCs.

Excellent details on how to set up NVFlash are available in this topic (thanks jmcnz), but in a nutshell the process is:Download the ROM file belowDownload the driver file belowTurn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume up and down - screen will stay black but Windows will add a new 'APX' devicesInstall drivers extracted from driver file downloadRun 'flash.bat' from ROM file downloadWait for flash to complete and device to rebootThe all important files...NvFlash ROM v10b / 1300166062 (15/03/2011) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: b17cb7fd3542b5d02baf49879a83acff NvFlash drivers - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 2eab4f16fe1337a209a550ccd0be69c2Enjoy! :D

P

Paul - would it be possible for you to set up a NVflashable version of V10f for the LG 999 similar to the above (or the upgrade to 2.3.3 - whichever is easier for you)?

A number of these (including mine) have been bricked by the apparently infamous LG Uploader, and a recovery path based on NVflash would be greatly appreciated. i cannot establish connections with the device through normal LG Drivers, but still can with NVflash.

If you could set this up, and post a link in the 999 XDA forum - you will make several new friends over there. I have a replacement coming today, but would still like to give it one more shot..

• 1 month later...

err think ive blown it...

followed the destructions, installed drivers as instructed, device shows in device manager

run a command prompt as administrator

run flash.bat

and it stops at approx 90% of sending fastboot.bin

any ideas anyone.

Thanks

Steve

Edit: Reset phone using Down Volume & Power button... seems to have done the trick, phone no longer boot loops so no need to NVflash an older rom..

Back to the kitchen...

post-808491-0-86740500-1315232062_thumb.

Edited by g6hoq

Guest Rich Bradshaw

Hi to everyone who made this possible.

I've been an Android user for years - flashed my WinCE HTC TyTN II with Android years ago, had a Galaxy Spica, Galaxy S and now LG Optimus 2X.

Anyway, I nearly ended up with a bricked 2X but thanks to Paul and Co (or just Paul?) it is back.

Here's a tip that I found here:

http://www.droidhype.com/page/2/

Tip: If you issue a nvflash command, you will need to unplug your USB cable and replug it every time or else the next nvflash command will not take. I’m not sure why this happens, but repeating a nvflash command back to back doesn’t seem to work.

I wish I'd found it before waiting for nearly 4 hours for the phone to flash - at least the car is now nice and clean :)

How long will it take to flash, i typed flash.bat and i says nvflash started..is it just to wait?

Thanx

Guest Anil K Solanki

oh my godness。。

this rom has some bug...

my p990 has a crash...

oh...

Oh my god, you are right. Run for the hills we are not safe. :)

How about some information? :angry:

Anil.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I installed using the procedure on the first page because my phone was stuck on S/W upgrade while truing to update to 2.3 via LGMobile Support Tool , but now when i start LGMobile Support Tool the updater says that the phone is on v20L????

Any ideas??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kuronow

Any one knows if the basebands for Europe will work properly on America? if is not can someone tell how to extract my baseband so i can try with the europe baseband? and try the full Gr4 with the proper baseband...

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crisorlando

Hello

I used it to recover my cell

And flashed v10b stock again, and even tried with v20l

And now touch does not work at all :(

What am I doing wrong ?

Or there is another step to recover touch stuff ?

I know some chinese tablets, that have some enviroment part about touch screen, resolutions... but with that cell I don´t know what went wrong

• 2 weeks later...

The loadbalancing servers are just being replicated around, the download should be available in a few minutes.

P

hi paul they told me u were the one to talk to about a bricked lg g2x can u help me plz im still waiting paul Edited by Gryncc

• 2 months later...
Guest injectie

how do you fixed this problem becouse i have the same problem too?

Hello

I used it to recover my cell

And flashed v10b stock again, and even tried with v20l

And now touch does not work at all :(

What am I doing wrong ?

Or there is another step to recover touch stuff ?

I know some chinese tablets, that have some enviroment part about touch screen, resolutions... but with that cell I don´t know what went wrong

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Koocha

Hi, hoping someone can help me out.

I flashed the 725 baseband and everything was fine for a couple of days, then I rebooted by phone and "baseband unknown".

I'm trying the NVFlash method to get it back to stock and work from there, but I'm having a problem:

C:\Documents and Settings\qpsadmin\My Documents\Downloads\2x-v10b-1300166062-nvf

lash>.\nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8

.bct --setbct --odmdata 0xC8000 --configfile android_fastboot_emmc_full.cfg --cr

eate --bl fastboot.bin --go

Nvflash started

rcm version 0X20001

System Information:

chip name: unknown

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0xf

chip uid: 0x028841c844803617

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sbk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: emmc

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 17

sdram config strap: 0

sending file: E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct sent successfully

odm data: 0xc8000

bootloader failed NvError 0x0

command failure: bootloader download failed

At that point the sccrren goes to the "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading..." screen (but not dim) and does nothing.

I've tried about 7 times now, nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Michael Witt

Hello ,

i have this problem too !!!!

I don´t know what is the problem.

Have anyone a link to this file "nvflash 2x-v10b-1301920892" ???

Maybee this file works better !

Thanks

sry for my english

Edited by Michael Witt

• 5 weeks later...