Noobie Question About Updating Omnia I800L

Guest evilmonkey477

Guest evilmonkey477

Well I have an unlocked bell samsung omnia 2 I800L. And I would like to know how and witch suggested rom to use, I would prefer just an original unmodified rom of samsungs 6.5.3 or even 6.5.5 rom as I have gotten accustomed to the widgets lol.

I searched the forums and all I could find are lite roms and modified roms. I read up on how to flast and etc so im guessing all I need is the csc and pda according to this.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Edited by evilmonkey477

Guest skoda60
Well I have an unlocked bell samsung omnia 2 I800L. And I would like to know how and witch suggested rom to use, I would prefer just an original unmodified rom of samsungs 6.5.3 or even 6.5.5 rom as I have gotten accustomed to the widgets lol.

I searched the forums and all I could find are lite roms and modified roms. I read up on how to flast and etc so im guessing all I need is the csc and pda according to this.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

You can downloaded the full JI1 rom on post#2 from "lite ROMs by speedfrog" here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...s-by-speedfrog/

Edited by skoda60

Guest evilmonkey477

Thank you so much skoda60. I flashed my bell rom successfully. :D

To those who have a Samsung Omnia II from Bell it is quite easy to flash to winmo 6.5.3. I thought I should share how I did it as well as upload some of the files needed to my lifetime megaupload account, so the links should be permanent.

Simple Setup:

1) Just follow flashing instructions HERE, I used OCTANS_Mini for flashing.

2) Then flash with JI1 (6.5.3) PDA. Thank Speedfrog for this. (His original Post and links found here). And Bell CSC.

Follow the instructions from the link in step one and you should be good.

If for some reason you want to revert to the original Bell Rom (Ewww, lol) you can download HERE.

And that's it. :D

Edited by evilmonkey477