[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest zzleezz
Hi there,

I'm using the 0.4 Version of this ROM and generally its fantastic, but i have one issue!

After a while, usually after the screen has been locked - my browser stops loading pages - the status bar gets around half way, and then stops! I have to reboot to get it to work again! I don't know if its the browser, or the WiFi....

Anyone heard of this before?

Thanks

Which browser are you using? I get this occasionally since I switched to miren browser.

Edited by zzleezz

Guest the_corvus
Wifi isn't working for me..

i went from modaco r8 to corvus 0.4, when i turn on wifi it just says error...

can you tell me how to debug or maybe fix ?

thanks !

Make a wipe, test, if doesnt work, wipe again and reinstall.

Corvus.

Guest peter a

You are right about the problems of removing the phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk !!!!!

If you remove them before the push, you can`t even get pasted the click on the android screen.

Guest the_corvus

I fixed the problem with sd and usb. When you use a usb memory, sd card dissapears for android and cant download (by example). I have a patch now... will upload once other fix are done.

Corvus.

Guest wobblydoggy

I like the rom but where has G-sensor -> Game mode gone from settings?

well done corvus

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest premieral
For me this is the correct size... not as bug as default, not as little as modaco's. I have big fingers and with modaco size i have problem with buttons.

Corvus.

me too Corvus its perfect sizing for my chubby pinkies :D

Guest maverick6378
I was yesterday browsing with my vega for more than 1 hour (browsing, megavideo, etc.) and no problems.... try to reflash and format your sd card and test again.

Corvus.

Hi Corvus,

Thanks for the great ROM, wanted to bring something to your attention ATM using 0.3 rom, by accident pressed airplane mode, I have since disabled it but the icon just wont go from the notification bar no matter what I do any ideas?, also the TP utility forces a close is there any reason for this?, will future roms have screen calibration?.

Finally if I want to update to 0.4 does it mean I would have to reinstall all my apks?, if I format my sd card totally would that affect anything if I then flash 0.4? sorry still a noob.

Thanks

Mav

Guest jonnyspuruk
Hi Corvus,

Thanks for the great ROM, wanted to bring something to your attention ATM using 0.3 rom, by accident pressed airplane mode, I have since disabled it but the icon just wont go from the notification bar no matter what I do any ideas?, also the TP utility forces a close is there any reason for this?, will future roms have screen calibration?.

Finally if I want to update to 0.4 does it mean I would have to reinstall all my apks?, if I format my sd card totally would that affect anything if I then flash 0.4? sorry still a noob.

Thanks

Mav

I am having exactly the same problem with airplane mode icon in notification bar on 0.4, even after reboot it is still there?

Edited by jonnyspuruk

Guest jonnyspuruk
Hi Corvus,

Thanks

Mav

I have quick settings installed whereby when I added and went to airplane mode toggle it was switched to on even when off in ROM settings.Simply toggling off removed the icon from notification bar.

Guest Panayioti

I am loving this rom. Loving the transition effects,the full screen notifications, notification icons, overall speed and peformance but most of all the music player. :D

Guest maverick6378
I have quick settings installed whereby when I added and went to airplane mode toggle it was switched to on even when off in ROM settings.Simply toggling off removed the icon from notification bar.

Jonnyspuruk what do you mean by quick settings installed?, is is an app or something?

Thanks

Mav

Guest premieral
Hi Corvus,

Thanks

Mav

update 4 is an update not a reflash so your apks are safe and main part of 0.4 is to fix screen calibration , it says so in corvus notes :D

Guest Richard de Goede
Make a wipe, test, if doesnt work, wipe again and reinstall.

Corvus.

thanks, works after wipe+reinstall

overall it looks faster than MCR, bigger taskbar is better for my bigger fingers, new look is great... overall a very very nice rom !

only thing i don't like are the transitions, any chance you could make them an option ? or give a quick howto to change them ?

and the buttons on the taskbar look a bit blurry/stretched, maybe replace them for higher res ones ?

thanks !

Guest the_corvus

Thanks to all people helping others here.. it's hard for me improving rom and replying posts.

This is a beta rom (by now), so my plans is to put as much features i can and make them work together. No changes UI changes or visual changes until i put all the improvements i have in mind (gamepad support, gps us support, tv live support, etc.). Once i put all together, i will make some ui improvements.

Anyway if someone wants to colaborate modifing ui or something, put in contact with me.

Corvus.

Guest Richard de Goede

found out i can disable transitions with spareparts... that done, this rom just feels perfect :D

enjoy the beer ;-)

Guest the_corvus
found out i can disable transitions with spareparts... that done, this rom just feels perfect :D

enjoy the beer ;-)

Thanks for your donations.

Corvus.

Guest peter a
Love this rom, just flashed and love the colours and transitions well done.

So far the problem I`ve had is with trying to change the usb mode, so I can use my usb pen drive.

When I tried to it give me a "stop or wait" message and had to do a reinstall

The my bluetooth gps works better having the gps click box selected.

Guest Lennyuk
So far the problem I`ve had is with trying to change the usb mode, so I can use my usb pen drive.

When I tried to it give me a "stop or wait" message and had to do a reinstall

The my bluetooth gps works better having the gps click box selected.

wait, are you trying to use the Modaco host switcher app?

Guest Tainlorn

Just flashed this and it looks very good so far. Just wondering what the best version of flash player is for this ROM? Specifically, i'm trying to get BBC iplayer to a point where its usable as ive always suffered with audio sync problems before on the modaco rom. Testing flash 10.2 from the market at the moment and its not great. Whats anyone else using?

Guest chrisrich85
I try the one from modaco and from market place with the same result

What's the one on market called ill give it a try.

Guest Lennyuk

To boot into Host mode on this rom you need to hold the back key while powering the device on! you can't use any host switcher apps.

Guest peter a
To boot into Host mode on this rom you need to hold the back key while powering the device on! you can't use any host switcher apps.

I used usb mode switcher , xvision , but the hold the back button kills this message.

My timing my be wrong are I`ve messed it up with what I`ve installed .

power and back button held = no boot

edit *******

o.k , my timing must have been wrong .

I have working usb stick .

it the hold the black button a switch ( toggle ) or host most and without the hold slave ?

Edited by peter a