gen1 to gen2 and gen2 to gen1, windows flashing only

Guest hecatae

Guest JayGB1982

I now have ran the gen2 convert and seemed to work ok... But I cant get access to the SD card to copy the ROM zips across...

Under clockwork I cannot mount USB?

How am I supposed to install a ROM?

Sorry for all these questions

Guest css771

OK with all the talk going on about gen2, I decided to collate all info here. I hope this is it.

STEP 1:

First off, download this file containing the stock recoveries. http://www.mediafire.com/?kx76glmuxym6adp (Just rehosted here - All credit goes to hecatae for this). This is a simple zip that you can flash through clockwork. So after doing that, you will no longer have cwm but will have stock recovery on your phone (which is needed for gen1 to gen2 conversion.) Reboot to get back to your ROM.

At this point, download a gen2 build of CM7 like this one on to your sdcard and leave it there.(Important)

STEP 2:

Now there's many different ways you can partition your phone whilst moving to gen2.

• You can download hecatae's on the first page of this post -
http://www.multiupload.com/MZHDCOTG0Z You will find 2 folders inside this zip file. They will, respectively give you the following partition layouts -
gen2_org_partitions
-------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock4 37.5M /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M /data

gen2_128mb_system
-----------------
/dev/block/mtdblock5 128.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 254.5M /data[/codebox]

• kallt_kaffe's gen_conversion_ver2.zip located at
http://www.mediafire.com/?c7ccca95jf2huwr Now this zip has 4 different types of partition layouts -
[/list]
[codebox]gen2_org_partitions
-------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M /data

gen2_128mb_system
-----------------
/dev/block/mtdblock6 254.5M /data

gen2_128mb_system_no_oem
------------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock6 275.4M /data

gen2_128mb_system_no_oem_2mb_cache
----------------------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock4 2.0M /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock6 310.9M /data

I've also included this custom partition layout that I used - gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_2mb_cache - http://www.multiupload.com/J3HG2OIIQV

gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_2mb_cache
---------------------------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock4 2.0M /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock5 136.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 302.9M /data[/codebox]

This will obviously give you slightly less /data and a slightly larger /system. Choose any one of the above partition layouts and extract the corresponding folder on to your hard drive. It can be located anywhere at all, doesn't matter.

[size=4][font=Impact][b]STEP 3:
[/b][/font][/size]

Now, Inside the folder that you chose, there is an exe file called download_nochecksGen2.exe. Just run that file. You will be presented with the following screen

post-786419-1302738254_thumb.jpg

• Now, on your phone, power it down and power it back up holding down the volume-down key.
    [/list]
    • You will be presented with a screen that says FTM.
      [/list]
      • Now connect the phone to your PC, and then the Start button becomes clickable after a few seconds, assuming all drivers have been correctly installed.
        Just hit Start

[list]It will take 3 minutes or so to completely flash. DO NOT interrupt this process in any way. When this completes 98%, Clockworkmod recovery will start automatically on the phone. Wait for the process to complete.

[list]After flashing is complete, you will get a prompt on you computer screen saying flashing is done.

[list]Now on your phone, select Reboot Recovery, which will flash clockwork. Now, install CM7 in the usual way. (Install zip from sdcard)

[list]After installing that, select Reboot system now.

You will find yourself on the launcher screen. Congratulations, you have a gen2 device!

[size=4][font=Impact][b]STEP 4:

[/b][/font][/size]

[optional] If you want to verify this, download kk's Mr. Pigfish app from the market and it will say you have a gen2 device.

That's it.

Please feel free to point out any corrections.

Edited by css771

Guest JayGB1982
Now on your phone, select Reboot Recovery, which will flash clockwork. Now, install SS RLS4b in the usual way. (Install zip from sdcard)

Under clockwork I cannot mount USB

"E:Unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)"

So I cannot copy the ROM ZIP across...?

How am I supposed to install a ROM? Edited by JayGB1982

Guest css771
Now on your phone, select Reboot Recovery, which will flash clockwork. Now, install SS RLS4b in the usual way. (Install zip from sdcard)

Under clockwork I cannot mount USB, So iI cannot copy the ROM ZIP across...?

Would've been better if you would've had the rom on there in the first place. You can just insert the sdcard into your PC or another phone and copy the zip across.

Guest css771
So I'm basically phoneless untill i buy a SD card reader ? :)

Can I not push a ROM update via some other method?

Well, USb mounting is just disabled in cwm 3.0.2.4 and some people are saying that it's not working in 3.0.1.4, though I'm not sure of that. Try downgrading to 3.0.0.8 and then mounting USB. and then you can use adb to push the file.

Edited by css771

Guest JayGB1982
Well, USb mounting is just disabled in cwm 3.0.2.4 and some people are saying that it's not working in 3.0.1.4, though I'm not sure of that. Try downgrading to 3.0.0.8 and then mounting USB. and then you can use adb to push the file.

Try downgrading to 3.0.0.8 ?

How would I do this?

Guest Tripov

Under clockwork I cannot mount USB

"E:Unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)"

So I cannot copy the ROM ZIP across...?

Sorry to hear that man. In my case i've already had the rom in the sdcard and i was unware that in this cw version the usb mount was not functional.

Guest JayGB1982

Power on + vol + isn't working for me... Just going straight to clockwork...?

I already did the conversion but since then cant access the phone via pc or copy the rom zip to the card...

I do have CM7 N39 on the card but not the Gen2 conversion CM zip or gapps...

What would happen if I installed CM7 then tried to reboot? Would USB under clockwork work?

Edited by JayGB1982

Guest Tripov
Power on + vol + isn't working for me... Just going straight to clockwork...?

I already did the conversion but since then cant access the phone via pc or copy the rom zip to the card...

I do have CM7 N39 on the card but not the Gen2 conversion CM zip or gapps...

What would happen if I installed CM7 then tried to reboot? Would USB under clockwork work?

CM7 will not boot. You'll really need to find a way to copy the zip to the sd card. Maybe from a friend's computer (nowadays most laptops have sd card readers), etc.

Guest css771
CM7 will not boot. You'll really need to find a way to copy the zip to the sd card. Maybe from a friend's computer (nowadays most laptops have sd card readers), etc.

yes you will have to get that file on to the sdcard. Because just the cm7 zip wont help. You will need to have a gen2 kernel for it or kk's cm7gen2 file. Just get it on there through some other phone or other means. And I will also highlight that section of the guide now so that doesn't happen to anyone reading it. This is a problem atleast until clockwork usb mounting is fixed.

Edited by css771

Guest JayGB1982

Thanks guys...

Just called a mate round with his N8, popped my SD card in and copied the files over

*fingers croseed*

Yeah I'd defo highlight the fact the ROM needs to be on the SD card prior to this conversion so others dont fall into the same trap I did

Guest css771
Thanks guys...

Just called a mate round with his N8, popped my SD card in and copied the files over

*fingers croseed*

Yeah I'd defo highlight the fact the ROM needs to be on the SD card prior to this conversion so others dont fall into the same trap I did

Nokia to the rescue :) Well, I've highlighted that part on the guide on the previous page now. Hopefully it helps some people.

Guest Tripov
Thanks guys...

*fingers croseed*

If you get acess to the sd card to copy the rom then you should be ok.

Guest mrradmir
i did, but it's the same thing , should i try the teliasonera rom instead the sweden flasher ?

It means you manage to destroy nvram, replace Channel1.nvm in flasher folder during flashing with saved one.

Guest jijijoujou1
It means you manage to destroy nvram, replace Channel1.nvm in flasher folder during flashing with saved one.

its not even staring flashing , at the beginining its say "this version not matchin ...." .

sorry for boring you with my questions i am a noobs

Guest zabtcent

Anyone got any idea how to repartition gen2 phone? I am now on 128mb system partition but from what i know CM7 needs slightly bigger system partition, around 140mb. How can I revert to standard system partition? I was looking around on forum but no clues...

Guest jijijoujou1
??? It's impossible if you run download_nochecksGen2.exe

ah ok sorry i thought i had to run the telia software .exe , now i did step by step what is in this tutorial wich is the same thing as yours instructions i think

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...flash-solution/

and after flashing rom succefuly i reboot and i stuck on FTM mode !!!!! thank's for your reply's

Guest mrradmir
and after flashing rom succefuly i reboot and i stuck on FTM mode !!!!! thank's for your reply's
replace Channel1.nvm in flasher folder during flashing with saved one.

Guest jijijoujou1

i did a many times , i think i should take it to the operator hope they will accpet to repair it , anyway thank you all for your reply's

Guest JamesKing

Would it be possible to add a link to the correct drivers in the first post?

It seems clear that Swedish Spring need to be on there before you start this process. But why? It boots in to clockwork mod - can't you then mount as USB disk? IGNORE THIS, IT'S EXPLAINED ON PAGE 8.

Just trying to get everything striaght before I give this a go.

Thanks,

James

Edited by JamesKing