Samsung Omnia 2 or HTC HD2?

Guest Dark Horse

Couple of quick questions:

1. Which do you prefer, the Omnia 2 with the 3.7" OLED screen or the HD2 with the larger 4.3" capacitative display?

2. What would you say the going rate is for an Omnia 2 in excellent condition? Don;t seem to be many of these around.

Cheers,

Dark Horse

Guest Speedfrog

The omnia 2 has a AMOLED screen, but the only thing thats better on the Omnia 2 is the camera and the AMOLED screen, the HD2 can run Android and WP7 perfectly, it has a better processor and more RAM, if you want a winmo phone buy the HD2.

Guest Elwee1

i have an omnia2, and have been playing with my friend's HTC HD2 occasionally.

i will definately go for the HD2, no doubt about it and no second though. true enough omnia2 have some plus points ie. better AMOLED display etc, but the overall experience for HD2 win hands down..

Guest Dark Horse
i have an omnia2, and have been playing with my friend's HTC HD2 occasionally.

i will definately go for the HD2, no doubt about it and no second though. true enough omnia2 have some plus points ie. better AMOLED display etc, but the overall experience for HD2 win hands down..

The HD2 is bigger and heavier but is the Window Mobile 6.5.3 experience really that much better on the HTC than it is on the Omnia? Battery life on the HD2 is poor as well. I think all things considered (size, weight, battery life, user experience), the Omnia just edges it forward.

Guest Elwee1
The HD2 is bigger and heavier but is the Window Mobile 6.5.3 experience really that much better on the HTC than it is on the Omnia? Battery life on the HD2 is poor as well. I think all things considered (size, weight, battery life, user experience), the Omnia just edges it forward.

as i have mentioned, this 2 units have its own pros and cons, size and weight doesn't matter so its ok for me. the HD2 is so much smoother then the O2, mainly due to the famous HTC sense software. by default, the HD2 do not have the sms lagging issue as in the O2, this is mainly due to the below par samsung widget software.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hiroshi.Rio

I prefer an OmniaII for some reasons: dedicated camera button, more 'fitable' in hand, good battery, very great camera, more physical buttons, good weight, nice GSM reception signal, native SRS iWOW, and... AMOLED!

I had 3 HTC devices: TyTN, Touch and Diamond. And I have a X7510. I just say I don't wanna come back to HTC.

After OmniaII, I don't wanna use any other device with no amoled. And from Samsung.

If you want an Android, buy a Galaxy. If you don't care about OS, buy a Wave (bada).

But if you like 6.5.x WM (I like it. A lot, in fact) and have to choose between HD2 and OmniaII, I just say to consider an amoled screen.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Guest darkworldzz

definitely HD2.. snapdragon + android + WP7 + meego + wm6.5 it is a blast!!

but i8000 has amoled + resistive screen!! and a more than good camera compared to HD2.

Guest andylau
definitely HD2.. snapdragon + android + WP7 + meego + wm6.5 it is a blast!!

and ubuntu :mellow:

Edited by andylau