12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest venturerider

There's a bug in the updater-script:

package_extract_file("CWM_BLOB_V5", "/tmp/CWM_BLOB_V5");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/tmp/CWM_BLOB_V5", "of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4");

delete("/tmp/CWM_BLOB_V4");

That last line should be V5, not V4.

Edited by venturerider

Guest Paul

Alrighty, Hr5 is online! A kitchen will follow shortly.

I have applied this to my UK Transformer absolutely fine, although it is based on the US release, which is newer than anything else currently available. I have successfully applied the keyboard firmware update using this release, but of course, you do so at your own risk.

P

Changelog

17 May Hr5

• Updated to the .13 US release (including the keyboar dock update)
  • Updated 'blob'
  • Reverted to Asus buttons (Xoom / stock style buttons to come in online kitchen)

Guest Karucifer
Fixed.

P

Excellent, working on the dock without issue. Watching the battery creep towards 100%, will update on progress!

S

Guest Matchstick

Is it possible to use the use the "Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Firmware: V8.2.3.9 Only for WW SKU" firmware file to roll this update back and revert to the stock firmware on a UK Transformer ?

The Asus Firmware Updater is present in Hr5 - so you'll get the annoying "there is a update" notification... so be carefully not to hit the wrong button :unsure:

Guest Putzy

I have a fairly good idea on how to do it, but I'll ask anyway......

To install this, I need to root using the 'v5' blob with CWM etc, then download and flash this?

To restore back to stock, I need to use a stock blob, revert to stock recovery, and then flash a stock firmware file?

Thanks. I may be taking the device back for a replacement soon, so need a way to go back to stock if necessary

Guest dredge999

So far so good, 25 minutes of mouse use and no mouse lockup on the dock.

The test will be when the dock charges the tablet to full.

Like the Asus icons also.

Rick

Edited by dredge999

Guest Scottland

Updated, no problems so far. Can we get rid of the nag to select the Asus keyboard?

Also: Bleugh @ Asus icons :unsure:

Guest SilentMobius
Updated, no problems so far. Can we get rid of the nag to select the Asus keyboard?

Also: Bleugh @ Asus icons :unsure:

Problem is I seem to be stuck with the US keymap on my hardware keyboard unless the asus software keyboards is selected.

Also I though we were getting a separate battery status indicator in that .13 update?

Edited by SilentMobius

Guest Karucifer2
Problem is I seem to be stuck with the US keymap on my hardware keyboard unless the asus software keyboards is selected

Yup, that's why the ASUS software nags to use theirs :unsure: