tv out not working?

Guest kainobean

Guest kainobean

ok so i figured i had this 3.5mm to av cable and would try the tv out feature on the o2 but it doesnt work i looked around for a pin out of the cable and then found one and test mine and it was similar but still getting no video or audio just lots of static and now i think thats cause some pins are wrong on the cable and would like to try and re do the cable for it to work if anyone has any info on how the pins should be ordered please help thanks :)

Guest amdzero
ok so i figured i had this 3.5mm to av cable and would try the tv out feature on the o2 but it doesnt work i looked around for a pin out of the cable and then found one and test mine and it was similar but still getting no video or audio just lots of static and now i think thats cause some pins are wrong on the cable and would like to try and re do the cable for it to work if anyone has any info on how the pins should be ordered please help thanks :)

just a simple question, I'm sure you tried, but I have the tv out and the color coding was wrong with my tv in. I think I had white as the video and red and yellow as the audio.

Guest nickmo20

So, you're saying to switch white and yellow?! Yellow is video, white is 'left channel' audio and red is 'right channel' audio. I'm not sure that it'd be recorded in stereo if you were to play back videos taken from your phone, but still..

Guest kainobean

oh well i got it working it turned out after lots of playing around with the wires that the video out pin is supose to be ground and the ground is supose to be video atlest that was with my cable all cables are a bit diffrent but from what i learned from experimenting from the tip down it goes "left audio, right audio, ground , video" so if anyone wants to use that they can now have a nice video out for the phone which i think is really cool feature... :)

Guest nickmo20
oh well i got it working it turned out after lots of playing around with the wires that the video out pin is supose to be ground and the ground is supose to be video atlest that was with my cable all cables are a bit diffrent but from what i learned from experimenting from the tip down it goes "left audio, right audio, ground , video" so if anyone wants to use that they can now have a nice video out for the phone which i think is really cool feature... :)

Um, where did you find the cable to make it work, because my TV image looks all scrambled and messed up like it doesnt work..... P.S. i bought another cable to see if that was the issue, and i'm waiting for it to arrive via mail... i'll let you know if that was the issue (bad cable).

EDIT: While waiting for my new phone cable, I decided to cut up the old one and see if I could make it work. Seeing has how the ground is switched for this model/cable I cut open yellow (video) white (left audio) and red (right audio) and then switched the wires. Once wrapping back up in elec. tape I plugged everything in and POOF! it worked.. Everything works great to my tv.

If anyone would like to save a few bucks by not buying a new cable I could post how to do this...

Edited by nickmo20

• 3 weeks later...
Guest omnia2tester

Ah yes I had this problem too early on. The SCH-I920 is picky! I promise you its simply a wrong cable even though the seller swears it will work on an I8000 or I920. If Verizon sells the AV cable thats the one you want. Spend the $20 and don't waste any time on it.

I bought several cables before I ended up cutting mine apart. I switched wires around until it worked. Oh well.

Guest nickmo20
Ah yes I had this problem too early on. The SCH-I920 is picky! I promise you its simply a wrong cable even though the seller swears it will work on an I8000 or I920. If Verizon sells the AV cable thats the one you want. Spend the $20 and don't waste any time on it.

I bought several cables before I ended up cutting mine apart. I switched wires around until it worked. Oh well.

The thing is, Verizon doesn't sell the cables. They swear to me that there's no available option and there never was. I've even shown them my phone when I plug in a pair of headphones, and show them the option, but they tell me that's just for audio only. I have also contacted VZW corporate and they could not find anything on an a/v set for i920. Yes, I have purchase a cable (eBay), and then spliced it together myself to make it work. sure it's not perfect but the A/V is fine.