[ROM] X920 Series: ZeroUI-Ooberlite 6.5.5

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx
I'm stoked to say the least! And about as eager as a fat kid hittin' up a candy store!

Guess it is good that it is Easter then. :)

X

Guest nickmo20

TO ANYONE CONSIDERING FLASHING TO THIS ROM: DON'T HESITATE! Probably one of the best (if not the best) customizable ROMs for the i920! Slap on any UI, any apps, any games, load it up and still be pleased with speed, reliability, and functionality!

Guest nvrmind

I changed the theme (the black theme makes some emails hard to read) and now my bottom bar is kind of distorted and stuff. Just downloaded and flashed today... Any ideas?

I'd post a screenshot, but my usual method (Mobiler) doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

Guest nickmo20
I changed the theme (the black theme makes some emails hard to read) and now my bottom bar is kind of distorted and stuff. Just downloaded and flashed today... Any ideas?

I'd post a screenshot, but my usual method (Mobiler) doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

Is activesync working properly? Usually after a fresh boot, I have to close MyMobiler before setting up activesync, set it up for computer use, then open mymobiler which then should automatically install... I've flashed this phone maybe 50 times so far (since feb '11) and it works for me (XP-32 bit)

Guest nvrmind

Closing Mobiler and reopening seemed to fix that problem, thanks... I don't use it much, just for screenshots usually. Here's the screenshot...

post-652966-1303832899_thumb.jpg

Guest arrowana

Thanks

I got the same problem. :)

Guest xlightwaverx
I got the same problem. :)

Updated Link on First Post.

It's a PNG Compression Issue.

Recooked ROM, ran direct PNGOUT via console, instead of third party app running PNGOUT.

It still has some graphical oddities, but theming seems to work. Also, I shrunk the system 4 more MB using the new utilities!

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest bigbuni

Just a quick Q? Can titanium be installed post flash? I have always enjoyed it and kind of miss it in this wonderful ROM (X this is by far the best rom i have ever come across, and I have been flashing since i originally had my i910 about 3 years ago). All the searching I have done says it has to be part of the rom. just curious. I am currently using SPBMS and that is great, so no biggie if i cant.

Thanks,

B

P.S. is cooking a rom for these phones easy? tried with the i910back in the day and was able to produce one that would boot to the splash screen then freeze, so i gave up. I would love to try on the i920, just curious if it is any easier.

Guest arrowana
Updated Link on First Post.

It's a PNG Compression Issue.

Recooked ROM, ran direct PNGOUT via console, instead of third party app running PNGOUT.

It still has some graphical oddities, but theming seems to work. Also, I shrunk the system 4 more MB using the new utilities!

X

Thank you!

Guest dgyahn
Just a quick Q? Can titanium be installed post flash? I have always enjoyed it and kind of miss it in this wonderful ROM (X this is by far the best rom i have ever come across, and I have been flashing since i originally had my i910 about 3 years ago). All the searching I have done says it has to be part of the rom. just curious. I am currently using SPBMS and that is great, so no biggie if i cant.

Thanks,

B

P.S. is cooking a rom for these phones easy? tried with the i910back in the day and was able to produce one that would boot to the splash screen then freeze, so i gave up. I would love to try on the i920, just curious if it is any easier.

Hi Bigbunni,

I'm thinking of flashing this ROM and I also use Mobile Shell. What is your experience using MS with this ROM? Thanks.

Guest nickmo20
Hi Bigbunni,

I'm thinking of flashing this ROM and I also use Mobile Shell. What is your experience using MS with this ROM? Thanks.

wicked quick ROM. SPB MS has NO issues. after intalling a boat load of apps, with spb i still have 80+mb RAM available, and it runs smooth. If installing a WP7 or android/sense skin, it till has 65+mb RAM. that is MORE THAN ENOUGH for Ferrari Evo GT or any power/ram hungry apps!

AS FOR THEMES

I just installed m.carroll's Glossblack theme and have no issues with anything whatsoever.

AS FAR AS TEXTING

Some of you may notice that XT9 tries to guess words as well as swype... this is fixable through registry (if you have a reg editor) so that you can stop both sets of word panels from popping up (if it annoys you)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Control Panel->SIP->

SuggAutoCorr: change to 0

SuggChars: change to 0

SuggSpell: change to 0

SuggWords: change to 0 (typically it will be 0-4 for how many next words you'd like it to predict)

Guest natedawg1013
wicked quick ROM. SPB MS has NO issues. after intalling a boat load of apps, with spb i still have 80+mb RAM available, and it runs smooth. If installing a WP7 or android/sense skin, it till has 65+mb RAM. that is MORE THAN ENOUGH for Ferrari Evo GT or any power/ram hungry apps!

AS FOR THEMES

I just installed m.carroll's Glossblack theme and have no issues with anything whatsoever.

AS FAR AS TEXTING

Some of you may notice that XT9 tries to guess words as well as swype... this is fixable through registry (if you have a reg editor) so that you can stop both sets of word panels from popping up (if it annoys you)

SuggWords: change to 0 (typically it will be 0-4 for how many next words you'd like it to predict)

You can also turn it off through Settings > System (Advanced Tab) > Input Method Options > Word Completion and just uncheck "Suggest words when entering text".

Guest dgyahn

AS FOR THEMES

AS FAR AS TEXTING

Ok thanks, I'll give it a shot. I use SPB MS along with DROID PRO+ 3.0 by DOC3000 & MSKIP. I'm currently using Lightweaver's X920 All-In-One v1.0 without Sense and MS loads in with about 43Mb available.

Edited by dgyahn

Guest natedawg1013
Ok thanks, I'll give it a shot. I use SPB MS along with DROID PRO+ 3.0 by DOC3000 & MSKIP. I'm currently using Lightweaver's X920 All-In-One v1.0 without Sense and MS loads out with about 43Mb available.

That's weird. I'm using his X920 All-In-One 2.0 Pre-Release and I'm getting ~65MB free at boot. And that's with Sense.

Edit:

Whoops; just realized you said with SPB MS. Must have been tired when I read that. That sounds about right, then.

Edited by natedawg1013

Guest dgyahn
That's weird. I'm using his X920 All-In-One 2.0 Pre-Release and I'm getting ~65MB free at boot. And that's with Sense.

The 43Mb is after a day of use. Original load-in with MS/Droid+ active is 73Mb at boot and idle. Loading all the MS icons from my 6 screens immediately drops RAM by 10Mb. Seems to settle in after an hour or so at 60Mb available. MS still runs smooth though with only an occasional lag. When I was only using Titanium as my UI my boot at idle was over 90Mb. Even after a day of use I was still over 80Mb available RAM and that's outstanding. MS is a RAM hog, that's the price you pay for eye candy. Take a look at the BattClock readings below for Titanium vs. SPB Mobile Shell. These are after a day of use with Lightweaver's X920 All-in-One v1.0 without Sense.

UPDATE: I have reconfigured my SBP MS/Droid+ and now boot to 90mb free with mobile shell running. After a day of use it settles in at about 79mb. That's excellent.

post-538633-1303940753_thumb.png

post-538633-1303941507_thumb.png

Edited by dgyahn

Guest bigbuni
Hi Bigbunni,

As noted in a previous post, SPBMS runs awesome with no issues so far. I have currently about 65m program ram free, but I do a lot of experimenting with applications until I find stuff I like, then I go back and reflash and install only what I want. I am also using mskip 3000 droid though i havent tweaked it yet (if it even needs it).

I like the lack of verizon and samsung bloat on this rom. I am going to try to start cooking here soon, once I figure out what I am doing (and deal with my wife and daughter).

Guest dgyahn
As noted in a previous post, SPBMS runs awesome with no issues so far. I have currently about 65m program ram free, but I do a lot of experimenting with applications until I find stuff I like, then I go back and reflash and install only what I want. I am also using mskip 3000 droid though i havent tweaked it yet (if it even needs it).

I like the lack of verizon and samsung bloat on this rom. I am going to try to start cooking here soon, once I figure out what I am doing (and deal with my wife and daughter).

Okay, so the 65Mb free RAM you are experiencing is at boot or after you have used the phone for a day?

Guest ultralight23

X,

Glad to see you used 23569 build for this ROM, was actually in the process of cooking the same but you beat me to it...so thanks much for saving me time. The other tweaks you did i would have never been able to or even think of. One thing about this build is the lockscreen doesn't appear when i use my truck bluetooth like builds 21914 and 21916, gotta love it. After a couple days usage no problems (save one mentioned below), great speed and lots of memory.

The only issue, which i can live with, is similar to graphical distorts as others. However, i was able to remove from the today screen and now only appears such as windows contact screen, bluetooth settings and clock settings. those are the only ones i've noticed so far but only seem to be in windows settings screens. All i did was install m.carrol's PureBlack V2 theme which distorted the today screen, reverted back to default theme then back to PureBlack theme. This cured the today screen at least. Like i said, this i can live with.

Also, one last thing i did was to be able to have evenly spaced soft keys (pictured below). I did this by removing Arto Start Remover in the kitchen then reinstalling it after flashing. I've noticed before in build 23569 that after installing PureBlack theme then installing Arto Start Remover that it moved the soft keys out to the edges. Bad thing is you loose your X button but easily solved with the OK/Close button.

Not sure if this will help others but worked for me. Dialer is DGDialer Black. End of work day is upper 70's RAM with heavy use.

Great ROM again, thanks.

capture001f.jpgcapture002i.jpgcapture005.png

Edited by ultralight23

Guest xlightwaverx

Thanks,

B

I have never tried it, but I do not see why it would not work. I'll see if I can find a Titanium Cab, and if not, I will build one for you.

AS FOR THEMES

AS FAR AS TEXTING

I have had people complain about this in the past, and I am not sure why this suddenly came out of no where because I did not manually set this to active. It must have surfaced when I was separating the OEMApps RGU into its proper packages. Now that I know the registry entries, it will be easier to lock it out when I cook. Unless of course something is overriding my settings somewhere.

You can also turn it off through Settings > System (Advanced Tab) > Input Method Options > Word Completion and just uncheck "Suggest words when entering text".

I'll run both checks on this and the previous method and figure out which one is enabling these annoyances.

Okay, so the 65Mb free RAM you are experiencing is at boot or after you have used the phone for a day?

Dgyahn. When I developed this version, I developed it for the folks that run other UI's on their Omnia II's. I was actually thinking this would be up your alley considering you utilized my previous "all-in-one" with some success and you run your own Custom UI Setup. This ROM would be ideal for your current project if you were to switch over.

I understand people's hesitance to "switch" ROMs after they get used to one. The X920 Series has numerous similarities that cross over in each ROM so you will have some consistency.

As users post their issues over the first couple days of the release, it allows me to fix the major issues. With the All-In-One, I put out a Service Pack, but with this ROM I just re-release it as a Final Version and post what is fixed so any new users can download and go. For example I got an email today saying someone downloaded my SP1 ROM because it was a CAB file, when in reality it is just a patch and they wanted to know how to get it running. I am trying to keep things user friendly over a period of time so newcomers have it just as easy as the old timers.

X,

Glad to see you used 23569 build for this ROM, was actually in the process of cooking the same but you beat me to it...so thanks much for saving me time. The other tweaks you did i would have never been able to or even think of. One thing about this build is the lockscreen doesn't appear when i use my truck bluetooth like builds 21914 and 21916, gotta love it. After a couple days usage no problems (save one mentioned below), great speed and lots of memory.

The only issue, which i can live with, is similar to graphical distorts as others. However, i was able to remove from the today screen and now only appears such as windows contact screen, bluetooth settings and clock settings. those are the only ones i've noticed so far but only seem to be in windows settings screens. All i did was install m.carrol's PureBlack V2 theme which distorted the today screen, reverted back to default theme then back to PureBlack theme. This cured the today screen at least. Like i said, this i can live with.

Also, one last thing i did was to be able to have evenly spaced soft keys (pictured below). I did this by removing Arto Start Remover in the kitchen then reinstalling it after flashing. I've noticed before in build 23569 that after installing PureBlack theme then installing Arto Start Remover that it moved the soft keys out to the edges. Bad thing is you loose your X button but easily solved with the OK/Close button.

Not sure if this will help others but worked for me. Dialer is DGDialer Black. End of work day is upper 70's RAM with heavy use.

Great ROM again, thanks.

post-721779-1303953315_thumb.png

No problem. Certain color types (RGB, Pal, Alpha, etc) options differ among the numerous PNG files in this ROM. One of the 5 have issues with the compression, sometimes on and off. I may have to leave those specific color output types uncompressed as I can manually compress only specific types, ie., RGB and leave the, ie., PAL, alone. Once I pinpoint the files responsible that are being distorted, PNGOUT will tell me what color type the file is, and then I can leave that specific type out in the next compression run. If anyone knows the file names of the specific distorted graphics in ultralight23's screen shot, please post as that will save me previewing 702 required PNG files as I do everything in Batch :mellow:.

As for the Arto setup, the Start.dll file responsible for manipulating WinMo 6.5.0 Start Menu mapping to the XMenu was not functioning at the time I released this. I just assumed the Start.dll that shipped with our 6.5.0 phones will not work in 6.5.5, and I did not want to leave a Start Menu Button for a Start Menu that didn't exist, and would not map properly to the XMenu. If you are doing the Arto manually, and you want the X Button back, use the posted file.

X_Button_Enabler_2.cab

If there is a 6.5.3 or a 6.5.5 i8000 stock ROM with a mapped Start Menu button to a Samsung Main Menu, that will more than likely work for proper mapping, and I will bring the Start Menu icon back once I have a newer Start.dll. Only if that exists, of course...

As always, keep me posted.

X

Guest dgyahn
Dgyahn. When I developed this version, I developed it for the folks that run other UI's on their Omnia II's. I was actually thinking this would be up your alley considering you utilized my previous "all-in-one" with some success and you run your own Custom UI Setup. This ROM would be ideal for your current project if you were to switch over.

I understand people's hesitance to "switch" ROMs after they get used to one. The X920 Series has numerous similarities that cross over in each ROM so you will have some consistency.

As users post their issues over the first couple days of the release, it allows me to fix the major issues. With the All-In-One, I put out a Service Pack, but with this ROM I just re-release it as a Final Version and post what is fixed so any new users can download and go. For example I got an email today saying someone downloaded my SP1 ROM because it was a CAB file, when in reality it is just a patch and they wanted to know how to get it running. I am trying to keep things user friendly over a period of time so newcomers have it just as easy as the old timers.

Thanks X,

The previous ROM's of yours that I have tried have all been excellent. My only concern with any 6.5.x ROM is a alignment issue I have with a couple of programs I use on a daily basis. They just don't fit the screen correctly. With that being said, once you have the final final ROM done for this I'll probably give it a whirl. I'm sure I speak for others when I say that your work is greatly appreciated. You've given my O2 new life and as I've got over a year left on my current Verizon contract I won 't be getting a new phone very soon. Thanks again for your excellent work.

Guest nickmo20

These settings were unavailable when I tried to disable it. SO, I just fixed it through registry editor, and that's why I posted it here. I believe in a community wide effort of making the best all-around product! Mainly thanks to X for the time to take on these concerns.

A NOTE FOR NEWER USERS:

PLEASE read all comments enough to know all questions and answers so that you can avoid double posting topics. The reason I say this, is because no ROM is perfect (even OEM fail) so for a ROM to be stripped down and as light as this one, with as few errors as its had is awesome! allow some time for certain concerns to be addressed so that if X decides to make a patch or fix an issue, that everything could be solved in one fell swoop instead of releasing 15 versions!

X thanks for the patience! Glad your ROM is getting some recognition and appreciation!

Guest xlightwaverx

Thanks,

B

You can try this: http://www.multiupload.com/FZE4HJVBRR

Guest tampora

Nice ROM, the original boot sequence threw me for a little bit. Thought it wasn't loading correctly but after waiting a bit it came up fine.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by tampora