[ROM] 06-05-11 Ganbaro ROM V0.3b for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Guest beegee1962

Guest beegee1962
Not all advent vegas have the 3g then?

All Advent Vegas have no 3G. But there are other tablets like Smartbook Surfer 360, pov Mobii, Viewpad 10s, UX100, that have a internal 3G modem.

And it looks like updating a Vega with 3G is not possible, because a specific electronic board is missing in the Vega's.

Guest pumo
That is really strange, didn't see this before. Did you try to press volume down (sorry, not documented) to get it out of suspend mode?

Anyway, as in Suspend mode the WiFi and 3G are switched off, I propose to use BackLightKiller. It switch off the screen and keeps the system running. Together with SetCPU set to 216MHz min value this is good for power saving. Not as good as Suspend, I know.

no I havent test volume down, only back and power button.

Ill try it next time.

I use CPU master free minmum 216 and max 1000Mhz, because I dont want to pay setcpu, maybe I should...?

Edited by pumo

I'll try next time too. this is great rom and you have been do great work, it's fast and smoth rom, it will be the rom of reference for me.

edit: i try to use vol- but it doesn't work but it works with back button.

Edited by boh

Guest pumo
I'll try next time too. this is great rom and you have been do great work, it's fast and smoth rom, it will be the rom of reference for me.

edit: i try to use vol- but it doesn't work but it works with back button.

my tablet didnt work either with vol down, and not with back.

I maybe did press too long power button because it was shutted down..

this time it was charging when it did freeze.

Edited by pumo

Guest beegee1962
no I havent test volume down, only back and power button.

Ill try it next time.

I use CPU master free minmum 216 and max 1000Mhz, because I dont want to pay setcpu, maybe I should...?

CPU master free should be as good as SetCPU. Search the XDA forum for SetCPU. Members can download it for free.

my tablet didnt work either with vol down, and not with back.

I maybe did press too long power button because it was shutted down..

this time it was charging when it did freeze.

I get randomly FC of the VTL launcher and maybe once a week a freeze. No idea what the problem is. Still searching.

Guest premieral
CPU master free should be as good as SetCPU. Search the XDA forum for SetCPU. Members can download it for free.

I get randomly FC of the VTL launcher and maybe once a week a freeze. No idea what the problem is. Still searching.

it may be an issue with something clashing with vtl as i am now trying corvus5 ( sorry Beegee1962 :unsure: ) and still get fc of the vtl and occasional freeze, more since i overclocked and also since i used live wallpapers with beautiful widgets, dont know if they are related but i would say its not your super smooth rom :)

Guest beegee1962
it may be an issue with something clashing with vtl as i am now trying corvus5 ( sorry Beegee1962 :unsure: ) and still get fc of the vtl and occasional freeze, more since i overclocked and also since i used live wallpapers with beautiful widgets, dont know if they are related but i would say its not your super smooth rom :)

First => No problem for me if you use corvus5. I know his ROM is superior, but unfortunately it does not support my 3G card.

Second => Good (or bad) to hear that you have similar problems with corvus5 and VTL. Maybe I reinstall ZEAM (old version with scrollable widget support) and try with that for a week or 2.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Helps me to make my ROM better!!!!

Guest XN04113

Some word from me to this rom.

the pros:

runs stable

runs fast

3GS ist working out of the box with internal Huwai 770

the cons:

no GPS

app FlightRadar24 crashes every time at start

I will test some more of my favorite apps next week.

Guest beegee1962

Thanks for the feedback.

I miss GPS as well. Did it work on the original stock ROM when you got your tablet? If yes, which ROM was it. Still experimenting to get it to work.

Tried FlightRadar24 just now (but only the free version) and it worked without problems.

Some word from me to this rom.

the pros:

runs stable

runs fast

3GS ist working out of the box with internal Huwai 770

the cons:

no GPS

app FlightRadar24 crashes every time at start

Guest pumo
the cons:

no GPS

I have managed to get gps to work but its somehow veryvery slow to find satellites.

15-20mins esily if even then. Original rom was too quite slow..

With my tab maps /latitude wont find location without gps, not with 3g or wifi on.

So ihave used bluetooth gps, it finds signal even indoors.

Edited by pumo

Guest XN04113
I miss GPS as well. Did it work on the original stock ROM when you got your tablet? If yes, which ROM was it. Still experimenting to get it to work.

Tried FlightRadar24 just now (but only the free version) and it worked without problems.

No, can't even get GPS to work, waiting over 30minutes - no GPS fix. Still with Smartsurfer and POV standard firmware.

no chance with FlightRadar, uninstalled my PRO Version and tested the free edition - same error. no program start.

Mike

Guest beegee1962
I have managed to get gps to work but its somehow veryvery slow to find satellites.

15-20mins esily if even then. Original rom was too quite slow..

With my tab maps /latitude wont find location without gps, not with 3g or wifi on.

So ihave used bluetooth gps, it finds signal even indoors.

15 to 20 minutes to find a satellite :unsure: . Maybe I should just try it longer, spoiled by the GPS in my Desire I never waited more than 5 minutes then I gave up.

I read somewhere that the GPS antenna inside the tablet is not very good, maybe I open the tablet and see if I can attach a better antenna.

The location problem without GPS is known, and I try as well to get it working, but no success so far.

Guest beegee1962
No, can't even get GPS to work, waiting over 30minutes - no GPS fix. Still with Smartsurfer and POV standard firmware.

no chance with FlightRadar, uninstalled my PRO Version and tested the free edition - same error. no program start.

Mike

Do you know how to get a logcat with ADB? That might help with the FlightRadar problem. Did you install FlightRadar to the SDcard (with link2sd)?

What is your free memory space?

Guest pumo
15 to 20 minutes to find a satellite :) . Maybe I should just try it longer, spoiled by the GPS in my Desire I never waited more than 5 minutes then I gave up.

I read somewhere that the GPS antenna inside the tablet is not very good, maybe I open the tablet and see if I can attach a better antenna.

The location problem without GPS is known, and I try as well to get it working, but no success so far.

yep, I have htc, desire z and it gets signal with agps under minute.

I have been waited that someone opens table so we can see is it even possible to get better antenna :unsure:

this rom has very low battery consumption, also if it has phone module imho and with disabling overclocking (with set cpu i set range 312 - 1000 MHz range and it's fast and smooth)

Edited by boh

Guest beegee1962
yep, I have htc, desire z and it gets signal with agps under minute.

I have been waited that someone opens table so we can see is it even possible to get better antenna :)

I had it already open (first day I bought it :unsure: ).

The 3G module has 2 antenna connectors, 1 for 3G RX/TX and the other one for AUX RX/GPS. So I guess when I connect a good GPS antenna to the AUX the reception should get better.

Check Hardware pictures PoV (Vega) and Smartbook 360 WITH UMTS (should be retrofit in VEGA) for pictures of a PoV (without 3G) and a Smartbook (with 3G)

post-582934-1305535876_thumb.png

post-582934-1305535895_thumb.png

Edited by beegee1962

Guest pumo
I had it already open (first day I bought it :unsure: ).

The 3G module has 2 antenna connectors, 1 for 3G RX/TX and the other one for AUX RX/GPS. So I guess when I connect a good GPS antenna to the AUX the reception should get better.

Check Hardware pictures PoV (Vega) and Smartbook 360 WITH UMTS (should be retrofit in VEGA) for pictures of a PoV (without 3G) and a Smartbook (with 3G)

Thanks !

lookslike there is wire in gps antenna connection, so I have to open it too :)

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=electronic_sbnhkm.jpg

edit:

looks like this could be right one, connector type maybe MMCX male? found from huawei datasheet u-fl-r-smt-1(10) in module..

http://eb.kawagebo.net/Electronics/GPS/Ant...CONMCXM_A1a.jpg

from ebay "external gps antenna" gives lots of of possibilities, have to pickup connector with 90degrees angle..

edit2: I dont know much anything about antennas or gps technology, but this might be bad news (?)

"3g module datasheet page 56 4. gps antenna

gps antenna is physically shared with the receive diversity antenna. now only passive gps antenna is supported"

Edited by pumo

Guest il_cholo

installed your rom, works nice but I dont see any menu to set up GPS or 3G, I have a POV mobii which is supposed to have 'em (tablet has sim slot

in rear with connectors and placeholder)

Guest beegee1962
installed your rom, works nice but I dont see any menu to set up GPS or 3G, I have a POV mobii which is supposed to have 'em (tablet has sim slot

in rear with connectors and placeholder)

The SIM slot does not mean that the 3G module is installed as well.

When you look on SIM3g.jpgfrom the thread Hardware pictures PoV (Vega) and Smartbook 360 WITH UMTS (should be retrofit in VEGA) you can see that the SIM module and the 3G module are 2 different parts. It seems some POV mobii have the SIM card reader, but no 3G module installed. As far as I know you can only find out by opening your tablet (warranty gone!!!!)

Edited by beegee1962

Guest pumo

i get back to this image from vegacomb 1.4b

it looks and worked well but not too steady for me.

are you going to make any development anymore?

Id liked vegacombs maps/latitude position fix by 3g and wifi, which wont work with ganbaro 0.3b

Guest beegee1962
i get back to this image from vegacomb 1.4b

it looks and worked well but not too steady for me.

are you going to make any development anymore?

Id liked vegacombs maps/latitude position fix by 3g and wifi, which wont work with ganbaro 0.3b

Still working on this ROM, but got stuck with some problems (like the GPS). Not sure when I release next version.

Guest pumo
Still working on this ROM, but got stuck with some problems (like the GPS). Not sure when I release next version.

ok nice to hear.

last night I did restore with clockwork this, and ganbaro runs very smoother than vegacomb in my povmobii.

Guest beegee1962
what about new version of Ganbaro ?

Thanks

Unfortunately not much to add from my side. I have a new version in testing (since weeks now), but there is not much new stuff on it. Main change is automatic activation of 3G after switching on.

New kernels (with fixing of the battery symbol problem e.g.) are not available as all devs are concentrating on HoneyComb or Gingerbread ROMs.