Help!!! [FIXED]

Guest the sandman

Guest the sandman

Hi all, I may have a problem..

Earlier this morning I was flashing my phone to a new rom, Bryans new 6.5.5 rom to be exact. And it was almost done flashing until I accidentally hit the cord and unplugged my phone. And now when I try to turn my phone on I get this screen (image posted below). And the phone won't turn on

I tried flashing it again but when I try Octans just gets stuck on "Ready to download.." when I hit "Detect" and plug the phone in.

Is my phone bricked? Is there any way to bring my phone back to life? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!!

-the sandman

post-523181-1305071476_thumb.jpg

Edited by the sandman

Guest Bryan W.
Hi all, I may have a problem..

Earlier this morning I was flashing my phone to a new rom, Bryans new 6.5.5 rom to be exact. And it was almost done flashing until I accidentally hit the cord and unplugged my phone. And now when I try to turn my phone on I get this screen (image posted below). And the phone won't turn on

I tried flashing it again but when I try Octans just gets stuck on "Ready to download.." when I hit "Detect" and plug the phone in.

Is my phone bricked? Is there any way to bring my phone back to life? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!!

-the sandman

I've done this before, way last year.

There is an 'emergency mode' for flashing the device when this happens.

I'm am googling now, but in short, you can try two things:

1) The Samsung updater is made to recognise a problem and reflash the device

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/omnia2_vista.pdf

2) There might have been some hard keys to press to reset it, I am still googling.

In the mean time you should try to reflash with the latest samsung dg21 patcher.

Guest the sandman

2) There might have been some hard keys to press to reset it, I am still googling.

In the mean time you should try to reflash with the latest samsung dg21 patcher.

Thanks for the reply! I have tried option #2, it's Lock, volume down, send, and end key. But that didn't work. Going to try option #1 now!

Guest Bryan W.

Oh and because of the funkyness of the samsung updater, if it doesn't work the first time. you should try Win XP x32...

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest the sandman

During the steps for using the upgrade tool it wants me to connect my phone to Windows Mobile Device Center. How will I do this if my phone won't even boot?

Guest Bryan W.

Uhh.. I'm scraping from memory so sorry about that..

If I remember the updater is designed to go into the emergency mode if the updater program fails the upgrade. It will be able to tell it didn't complete. Since it didn't happen that way, it doesn't know there is a problem.

Uhh, without the device in front it me, all I can say is I recall tricking the updater into going directly to the emergency mode of the program. Or it was a combination of something else..

I'm still googling.

Guest Bryan W.
Uhh.. I'm scraping from memory so sorry about that..

If I remember the updater is designed to go into the emergency mode if the updater program fails the upgrade. It will be able to tell it didn't complete. Since it didn't happen that way, it doesn't know there is a problem.

Uhh, without the device in front it me, all I can say is I recall tricking the updater into going directly to the emergency mode of the program. Or it was a combination of something else..

I'm still googling.

you need to get the phone into "Download Mode"

Try

Volume down + OK + Power

Then see if the updater will take it

Guest Bryan W.
you need to get the phone into "Download Mode"

Try

Volume down + OK + Power

Then see if the updater will take it

or

VOL UP + CAMERA + POWER

Lol, I don't remember what the comb was to get into download mode.

Off memory, what you see.. its a exclamation mark right? Thats an error message. The phone wont do anything in this state.

We have to get it out of the error message to flash it.

Guest Bryan W.

Aynways, I have to step away for a bit.

These sequence should look like:

1) You have error msg

2) Press right key combo to enter 'Download mode" or "recovery mode"

3) flash with samsung updater

i'll chack back later

Bryan

Guest the sandman
Volume Up + Volume Down + HOME + Power button

I appreciate all the help.. Which button is exactly the HOME buttone? And do I do this while the phone is off or while the screen show the exclamation mark?

Guest Bryan W.

while its on showing the error.

Home is the middle black on the front.

if memory serves.. its a sequence including both vol up and down

Guest Dork6243
It's not working :unsure: maybe my phone is totally done for

try this - press and hold VOL DOWN+LOCK+SEND at the same time and dont let go. Then whilst holding those 3 keys depress and hold POWER key. Try it a few times if nothing happens, hope that was combo that does the trick

Guest the sandman
try this - press and hold VOL DOWN+LOCK+SEND at the same time and dont let go. Then whilst holding those 3 keys depress and hold POWER key. Try it a few times if nothing happens, hope that was combo that does the trick

Thanks, but thats the 1st thing that I tried and it didn't work

Guest Bryan W.

Technically this is not download mode, but perhaps it will enable it too:

Warning: Performing Master reset will erase all the information on the phone.

1. Power off the handset.

2. Press and hold send + lock + end keys in that order, (Pressing End key last) until you sees a triangle with an "I" icon.

3. The "recovery mode" screen will give the option to format or not to format. Press "send" key to format.

4. Device will display "formatting" then "done".

I tried this and got to the format option, but did not follow through.

Br sure to HOLD the end key until the screen comes up for format.

Edit:

Whatever you do, don't panic. I've done it 3 or so times and lived each one. The problem is there is no documentation for this, and it took me some experimentation to figure it out.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest IzafiendBeats

Your phone is not done for quite yet...take the battery out, put it back in and flash again(try using this by AMDZero) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=62903

Make sure you press detect before you connect your phone for flashing

You may have to plug and unplug your phone a couple of times for it to connect...good luck and if I can remember anything else I'll be sure to post

Guest the sandman
Technically this is not download mode, but perhaps it will enable it too:

Warning: Performing Master reset will erase all the information on the phone.

1. Power off the handset.

2. Press and hold send + lock + end keys in that order, (Pressing End key last) until you sees a triangle with an "I" icon.

3. The "recovery mode" screen will give the option to format or not to format. Press "send" key to format.

4. Device will display "formatting" then "done".

I tried this and got to the format option, but did not follow through.

Br sure to HOLD the end key until the screen comes up for format.

Edit:

Whatever you do, don't panic. I've done it 3 or so times and lived each one. The problem is there is no documentation for this, and it took me some experimentation to figure it out.

This doesnt seem to work either. I cant get passed the screen with the triangle and exclamation mark

Guest Bryan W.
This doesnt seem to work either. I cant get passed the screen with the triangle and exclamation mark

Uhh, I may have been mistaken on doing it with the phone on.

Remove battery, put back in, leave off, unplugged.

Press keys in order. Hold power button until menu appears.

Guest amdzero
Uhh, I may have been mistaken on doing it with the phone on.

Remove battery, put back in, leave off, unplugged.

Press keys in order. Hold power button until menu appears.

the image from above is an image that samsung uses to notify the user of an absence of a readable boot file. Your phone is not bricked, but rather soft bricked. It is in a state that cannot load the image from rom. You just need to re-flash the phone.

The combination that people are telling you to press ( Send Key+End Key+Lock Button ) is the sequence used to hard reset your phone. This won't have any effect on your phone, as it can't wipe the system and reload from rom, because this is where the problem is.

And the volume up or volume down is incorrect. That is only for the i8000 Omnia 2, Not the i920 Omnia 2 phone.

Just remove the battery, replace the battery, setup your loader with the correct rom file and click detect.

Reconnect your phone via USB and your phone should flash just fine.

If the phone is not recognized then there is a usb driver/connection problem that needs to be dealt with. First restart your computer and re-set it back up. then plug the usb cable back in. You may need to try different ports (front vs. back) on your computer as well.

again, your not bricked, just challenged to flash another rom.

Guest the sandman
the image from above is an image that samsung uses to notify the user of an absence of a readable boot file. Your phone is not bricked, but rather soft bricked. It is in a state that cannot load the image from rom. You just need to re-flash the phone.

The combination that people are telling you to press ( Send Key+End Key+Lock Button ) is the sequence used to hard reset your phone. This won't have any effect on your phone, as it can't wipe the system and reload from rom, because this is where the problem is.

And the volume up or volume down is incorrect. That is only for the i8000 Omnia 2, Not the i920 Omnia 2 phone.

Just remove the battery, replace the battery, setup your loader with the correct rom file and click detect.

Reconnect your phone via USB and your phone should flash just fine.

If the phone is not recognized then there is a usb driver/connection problem that needs to be dealt with. First restart your computer and re-set it back up. then plug the usb cable back in. You may need to try different ports (front vs. back) on your computer as well.

again, your not bricked, just challenged to flash another rom.

Yea those button combinations didnt work as i suspected..

I tried flashing my phone again, but like i said earlier when i try it, i load the rom and hit detect and plug the phone in, Octans just says "Ready for download..." and nothing else happens. And when i do this, my phone has the screen that says "Download mode" but it doesnt download. I even tried loading your test 4 rom (the one i have been using from before) and still does the same thing.

A couple times when trying to flash it again, the download process does start, but when it gets to about 3% it just stops and doesnt download anymore.

When I get home today I am going to try resetting my comp and using a different usb port, as well as different roms

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it

Guest the sandman

After many attempts at trying to flash my phone again it now finally worked! My phone is fully restored to its usable state. Thank you all for your help!!

Guest Bryan W.
After many attempts at trying to flash my phone again it now finally worked! My phone is fully restored to its usable state. Thank you all for your help!!

Hey! Glad to hear!

How did you do it?