Insecure ADB for the Xperia PLAY - UPDATED: now a simple to use APK!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

I've been playing around with my Play a fair bit this week and, as any dev will know, not having insecure ADB is a right royal PITA. Insecure ADB allows you to have root shell by default as well as letting you 'adb remount' etc.

To that end, i'm releasing here a method for getting Insecure ADB on any rooted Play (with or without unlocked bootloader). But...

THIS IS ONLY FOR DEVELOPERS! YOU CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE DOING THIS AND IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR WIDER USE!

Update: This is now available as an easy to use installer APK! DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: e71b01c0813af1d1cb1b449e834331ad

Note that this also installs busybox.

Enjoy - I hope this is helpful for helping getting these devices more 'open'. :unsure:

P

Guest Meister_Li

Very awesome that you're working on a Recovery for the Play - that should make installing kernels, themes and maybe even CM7 one day a lot easier! That's absolutely worth a Modaco Plus subscription. :unsure:

• 5 months later...
Guest unrandomsam

Very awesome that you're working on a Recovery for the Play - that should make installing kernels, themes and maybe even CM7 one day a lot easier! That's absolutely worth a Modaco Plus subscription. :unsure:

oes anyone have the original gscript (Don't want an apk).