LATEST OFFICIAL WM6.5 UPDATE (May 2011) for Omnia II

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest Rapid81
I suggest you not to mix it with JJ1 since JJ1 is strange and looks like it's an incomplete ROM... I tried it before and it won't boot properly... I mix it with the older ROM but it won't behave the same as T*Omnia II ROM...

I think that not only the drivers are different, it's the applications itself is refined by Samsung... I take the Phonebook and CallLog program, copy it over my current old ROM and I can really feel the diff... So fluid and fast... All without changing my current ROM or drivers or anything, just copying the exe over my windows folder... Strange eh?

The JJ1 is a fine ROM. I used it for a long time. The AIJH1 is the incomplete one. Right now I messed up something, because the mixed ROM won't start, but I think I know what was it. I only changed the apps, the OGLES and GPS drivers. But I deleted one important file by mistake. I only have a limited amount of time to work on this, but I'm trying. :D

Guest Laruku Jr.
The JJ1 is a fine ROM. I used it for a long time. The AIJH1 is the incomplete one. Right now I messed up something, because the mixed ROM won't start, but I think I know what was it. I only changed the apps, the OGLES and GPS drivers. But I deleted one important file by mistake. I only have a limited amount of time to work on this, but I'm trying. :D

Good to hear the progress chef. :D

Guest Rapid81

I managed to get it working with my JJ1 custom ROM. I changed several application, GPS driver and OGLES driver. Unfortunately, some parts of the Settings, the Touch Player, the Touch Calendar and some other things wont' work or won't start. I'll look into it later. I could not get it work with a full ROM, so that's how it'll be.

Guest CrescendoFire

Heh? Really? I tried to redownload, recheck, and reflash my o2 with JJ1. First time boot it was OK, than after a few days playing with it (without installing anything), it just become stranger and stranger... And also the image file is 100Mb lesser than my old official ROM (I think JC or JB ROM, dont' really remember)... It also miss some packages and language files....

Guest Rapid81
Heh? Really? I tried to redownload, recheck, and reflash my o2 with JJ1. First time boot it was OK, than after a few days playing with it (without installing anything), it just become stranger and stranger... And also the image file is 100Mb lesser than my old official ROM (I think JC or JB ROM, dont' really remember)... It also miss some packages and language files....

The NXXJJ1 is 500MB, like the rest of the MST ROMs. I used it about 3-4 months without any issues. The AIJH1 is lesser ~50MB than the others, and that's not the full ROM, but the fastest 6.5 one to O2. I don't know what you tried, but that was not the NXXJJ1, that's for sure.

Guest eXPerience

I'm using JJ1 in Spanish, Your custom rom will be only in English or multilanguage? it is possible to make a .cab only with the updated drivers??

Edited by eXPerience

Guest andylau

just now i flashed this rom,but now it cant charge the battery,cant be connected to the computer,how can i flash it again

now the phone has no sound,network problems and cant make a call or send a message

please help me,thanks

sorry for my english

Guest Rapid81
just now i flashed this rom,but now it cant charge the battery,cant be connected to the computer,how can i flash it again

now the phone has no sound,network problems and cant make a call or send a message

please help me,thanks

sorry for my english

Put the phone to USb and reinstall the USB driver. It helped for me.

Guest andylau
Put the phone to USb and reinstall the USB driver. It helped for me.

until now i have flasfed successfullly,but still much thanks to you

Guest suitan

I really want to try this ROM, but the fear is damaging my phone. if this ROM is good, please at perfected and distributed the best version of this ROM in this forum. primarily a matter of language improvement. whether this ROM can be installed all windows mobile 6.5 applications that have ever existed?

Guest CrescendoFire
The NXXJJ1 is 500MB, like the rest of the MST ROMs. I used it about 3-4 months without any issues. The AIJH1 is lesser ~50MB than the others, and that's not the full ROM, but the fastest 6.5 one to O2. I don't know what you tried, but that was not the NXXJJ1, that's for sure.

MST? I think I downloaded the wrong one.... mine is nb0... not MST... I'll look at it again....

Thanks for let me know.... ;)

And yeah AIJH1 is the fastest for me till now.... But still it's slow compared to this T*Omnia2 ROM... >,<

Guest Laruku Jr.

It would be great if someone could upload a video of this ROM to youtube. I think many people here want to see how fast it is. ;)

Guest problematika
It would be great if someone could upload a video of this ROM to youtube. I think many people here want to see how fast it is. :P

+1 ;)

Guest WovW
It would be great if someone could upload a video of this ROM to youtube. I think many people here want to see how fast it is. ;)

+1

:-P

WovW

Guest Top Electronic

Hi, sorry my poor English.

Really hang much this version. Reinstall again my JJ1 and it was quite difficult because it does not recognize the drivers. ActiveSync does not connect.

I think it lacks enough so that this ROM is optimal for our Omnia.

Bye!

Guest Namar
Hi, sorry my poor English.

Really hang much this version. Reinstall again my JJ1 and it was quite difficult because it does not recognize the drivers. ActiveSync does not connect.

I think it lacks enough so that this ROM is optimal for our Omnia.

Bye!

This thread is about the Korean ROM which the Chefs are trying to see if it can be translated to English. There is another thread started by Speedfrog on JJI ROM. It will be better to discuss issues related to JJI in that thread otherwise this Korean ROM thread gets muddled up. Just go the JJI thread and post your issues and I am sure your concerns or issues will be addressed there

Guest Top Electronic
This thread is about the Korean ROM which the Chefs are trying to see if it can be translated to English. There is another thread started by Speedfrog on JJI ROM. It will be better to discuss issues related to JJI in that thread otherwise this Korean ROM thread gets muddled up. Just go the JJI thread and post your issues and I am sure your concerns or issues will be addressed there

I know that this thread is from the Korean ROM.

Just say no works fine on my Omnia it hangs and then does not recognize the ActiveSync to flash again.

I appreciate your kind comment.

Guest CrescendoFire
I know that this thread is from the Korean ROM.

Just say no works fine on my Omnia it hangs and then does not recognize the ActiveSync to flash again.

I appreciate your kind comment.

About USB mode thing... There's 3 modes available... the first 2 are the same old modes: ActiveSync and MassStorage... And what's with the third mode: Phone? I can't understand the desc because it's in Korean... And it did nothing when I hooked up me phone to my comp....

And The home replacement (it's the Home.exe in the OEMApps folder) is nice! I try to use it but since the setting page is Korean, I can't use it correctly... But it's still a nice homescreen replacement...Kinda like SPB Shell.... But it's so FLUID!!

And the rest is: WORKING Kies2.0 MODE!!!! I never got it work with current stock international Omnia ROM no matter what I do (using Win7Ultimate 32bit)... ;)

Also I tried to copy the OpenGL and DirectX dll over my lite stock ROM, it got no effect. But the R2VS dll from this Korean ROM make my O2 sounds nice! So clear and par with my Galaxy S, dunno what happened to our international ROM's sound driver (the original international ROM's R2VS dll made my Omnia sounds like cheap dumb phone, so crap)...

And there's also a nice WiFi notification screen (WiFiPicker.exe), tried to run it manually (it can open up OK) but I can't make it work like the Korean ROM should work.... It won't open automatically when it can't found any memorized AP (I mean the Wifipicker should replace WM's original WiFi notification bubble)....

Edited by CrescendoFire