LATEST OFFICIAL WM6.5 UPDATE (May 2011) for Omnia II

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest Laruku Jr.
About USB mode thing... There's 3 modes available... the first 2 are the same old modes: ActiveSync and MassStorage... And what's with the third mode: Phone? I can't understand the desc because it's in Korean... And it did nothing when I hooked up me phone to my comp....

And The home replacement (it's the Home.exe in the OEMApps folder) is nice! I try to use it but since the setting page is Korean, I can't use it correctly... But it's still a nice homescreen replacement...Kinda like SPB Shell.... But it's so FLUID!!

And the rest is: WORKING Kies2.0 MODE!!!! I never got it work with current stock international Omnia ROM no matter what I do (using Win7Ultimate 32bit)... :P

Also I tried to copy the OpenGL and DirectX dll over my lite stock ROM, it got no effect. But the R2VS dll from this Korean ROM make my O2 sounds nice! So clear and par with my Galaxy S, dunno what happened to our international ROM's sound driver (the original international ROM's R2VS dll made my Omnia sounds like cheap dumb phone, so crap)...

And there's also a nice WiFi notification screen (WiFiPicker.exe), tried to run it manually (it can open up OK) but I can't make it work like the Korean ROM should work.... It won't open automatically when it can't found any memorized AP (I mean the Wifipicker should replace WM's original WiFi notification bubble)....

CrescendoFire,

Would you like to share R2VS dll from this ROM? ;)

Guest rom_omnia2
And this is the R2VS dll. Try that and feel the diff.... Especially if you're using headphone.... ^^

Hey,

Do i have to cook my own rom or if i just put this dll into Windows folder works? How to install it?

Thanks

Guest Laruku Jr.
Wait wait wait... I'm gonna take the files again from the ROM dump... Since I already deleted it from my O2, coz I got no idea how to set it since it's all in Korean...

And this is the R2VS dll and WifiPicker exe.... Try that and feel the diff.... Especially if you're using headphone.... ^^

I've tried the new R2VS dll. It is awesome!

Guest CrescendoFire
Hey,

Do i have to cook my own rom or if i just put this dll into Windows folder works? How to install it?

Thanks

No, just paste it over by Resco Explorer or Total Commander....

I've tried the new R2VS dll. It is awesome!

YEAH!!! That's what I'm talking about!! ^^

How do you edit or change the new R2VS dll?

What kind of editing do you mean? Editing the setting? It's changeable within TouchPlayer... The DNSe setting.... Just the same setting but better sound.... ^^

Guest CrescendoFire

About the Home replacement, I gonna take the files again from the ROM dump... Since I already deleted it from my O2, coz I got no idea how to set it since it's all in Korean...

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest sgmem88

I am trying to copy original R2VS dll in Windows folder to backup folder in My Storage using total commander but it says error "cannot copy or move file!" ;)

Try removing system and read only attributes of R2VS dll using total commander but these attributes remain same.

Any helps to backup original R2VS dll appreciated

Guest koppa
This is the R2VS dll and WifiPicker exe.... Try that and feel the diff.... Especially if you're using headphone.... ^^

Thank you @CrescendoFire ;)

Guest mightymouse1045

Is there any updated boot or phone parts to this new rom or is it just the rom and nothing else?

Also is JJ1 the latest for the phone and boot parts?

Guest CrescendoFire
I am trying to copy original R2VS dll in Windows folder to backup folder in My Storage using total commander but it says error "cannot copy or move file!" ;)

Try removing system and read only attributes of R2VS dll using total commander but these attributes remain same.

Any helps to backup original R2VS dll appreciated

Try Resco explorer.... mine is OK.... And no backup for the original R2VS as it'll not be deleted... ROM files can't be deleted, simply overwritten... If you wanna restore the ori one, just delete the new one and it'll appear by itself...

Thank you @CrescendoFire :P

You're welcome.... ^^

Guest sgmem88
Try Resco explorer.... mine is OK.... And no backup for the original R2VS as it'll not be deleted... ROM files can't be deleted, simply overwritten... If you wanna restore the ori one, just delete the new one and it'll appear by itself...

done! overwritten with total commander.

thank you!

Guest B3ll4my
Hi, may I know that the WiFiPicker is a new App or it also can be overwrite in the windows folder?

Hi, WiFiPicker is like an app and you can run it simple tap over it. I suggest you to put the file in SD card and just try it.

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

@CrescendoFire:

Thank you so much for these 2 apps. ;)

Decent improvement at sound quality with new .dll file.

WiFi Picker is so cool. But can I disable wifi connection with it? Or it just find wifi networks and connect to one of them?

Guest CrescendoFire
What about opengl drivers? Is it better than our usual driver?

The opengl and directx driver are the same as ours.... But about the fluidness of the ROM, it's mainly come from the refined applications... Take the MainMenu applications from some times ago that ported from Korean ROM, it's so fluid even if we use stock ROM... Twitter app, CallLog,Calendar,Contacts... all is running FLUIDLY on my stock ROM. The main concern is: they're Korean....

@CrescendoFire:

Thank you so much for these 2 apps. ;)

Decent improvement at sound quality with new .dll file.

WiFi Picker is so cool. But can I disable wifi connection with it? Or it just find wifi networks and connect to one of them?

You're welcome ^^

Hmmm, I took it apart using ResHacker, it seems there's a menu inside with the structure the same as builtin windows one... But, its all skinned nicely...

I many ways to use it but no luck... It got a menu to disable Wifi also... And I think it should be accompanied by SettingsMain.exe (the samsung setting) from the same ROM I took this Wifipicker... But since it's all Korean, I don't even understand a thing...

The Korean Samsung Settings got more options than ours... It even got the VolumeNormalization.... To separate volume control between Media Player and System.... I mean, when you play music, you can set it to max volume, and when you quit the media player, the volume will back to normal... So there's nothing like super-loud-notification-because-you-forgot-to-lower-volume-after-playing-song.... ^^

Guest Laruku Jr.

CrescendoFire,

Already tried the Home launcher, it looks quite promising to bring our device alive again. Agreed with that the problem is it's Korean. ;)

Guest AnYhOw
Hi, WiFiPicker is like an app and you can run it simple tap over it. I suggest you to put the file in SD card and just try it.

Yes, I just tried it. Looks good! Thanks anyway!

CrescendoFire,

Already tried the Home launcher, it looks quite promising to bring our device alive again. Agreed with that the problem is it's Korean. ;)

So it looks like a complete new UI?

Edited by AnYhOw

Guest CrescendoFire
Yes, if you compare with the old TouchWiz UI.

I think the TouchWiz UI is updated too... It's shows several change to WidgetPlus.dll (from the site, prolly 3 to 5 update available there)... But I don't really know what's changed in the term of appearance, only its become smoother....

Here's the file for WidgetPlus.dll..

-----------------------

And also they recently updated their Camera software, but I can't get it to work properly in my Omnia 2, it shows several new option unavailable in our international camera apps....

They also got nice Samsung's office apps called Samsung JungUm Office... And updated Touch Clock... And updated Samsung Video Editor.... And official PangYa game... And update to Crayon Physics game.... And many more, just download this and extract it (don't run setup.exe included there, its for T*Omnia2): http://down.kr.samsungmobile.com

-----------------------

For their complete updates timeline and link, check it here: http://kr.samsungmobile.com/product/anycal...=9&onPlay=N

WidgetPlus.rar

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest CrescendoFire

Update for MessageBox application from Samsung's site (for displaying various message box in Samsung's application....)

Just paste this over windows folder overwriting ROM file...

MsgBox.exe