LATEST OFFICIAL WM6.5 UPDATE (May 2011) for Omnia II

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest CrescendoFire

Here's the update for making the WiFiPicker work properly...

Unrar this and copy all files inside to Windows folder overwriting respective files...

And add this line to [HKLM\Control Panel\Network]

"Redirect"="\\Windows\\WiFiPicker.exe"

And restart...

For trying, just make sure the large indicator feature turned on. click on the notification area and click on WiFi logo (the original windows' wifi logo that triangle-with-a-dot-on-a-top-of-it shaped) there, Voilaaa, the WiFi picker works as it should... ^^

Update_for_WiFiPicker.rar

Edited by CrescendoFire

this is the video for the home and wifi picker ;)

WOW :D

This has to be translated and ported to O2 somehow.

Even if it involves Facebook against Samsung :P

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

In fact I didn't see any 'wow' thing at: http://kr.samsungmobile.com/product/anycal...=9&onPlay=N

BrainGame didn't work. I thought it was a new Opera, but it is a patch (that didn't install properly).

I'd like to test Document Viewer, but it needs a kind on 'log in' to download.

Is there something new for TouchPlayer?

this is the video for the home and wifi picker ;)

Well... I still prefer SPB Mobile Shell... :P

Guest CrescendoFire
What is that? After install this .cab my phone reboot, but i don't see nothing different.

No,no, I said extract it, don't install... just extract it and copy it to my storage or everywhere you wanna put, and make a shortcut to it....

In fact I didn't see any 'wow' thing at: http://kr.samsungmobile.com/product/anycal...=9&onPlay=N

BrainGame didn't work. I thought it was a new Opera, but it is a patch (that didn't install properly).

I'd like to test Document Viewer, but it needs a kind on 'log in' to download.

Is there something new for TouchPlayer?

Well... I still prefer SPB Mobile Shell... ;)

The 'WOW' thing is: Samsung is clearly updating their software for Korean users and NOT GIVING AN UPDATE for international users. Amazing isn't it?

No, the JungUm is working OK for me without any registration at all... Just PLEASE DON'T INSTALL THE CAB, open it with winrar and unrar it and copy it, make a shortcut and it'll work OK...

The installation doesn't meant for international Omnia 2 devices... if you install it, it'll ABSOLUTELY NOT WORKING....

Try my method and let me know... ^^

Guest CrescendoFire

Double post.... DUMB CloudFlare is interrupting my posting process....

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest CrescendoFire

Double post.... DUMB CloudFlare is interrupting my posting process....

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest rom_omnia2
No,no, I said extract it, don't install... just extract it and copy it to my storage or everywhere you wanna put, and make a shortcut to it....

I know, but if i extract the cab file all that i have is alot of files like this: "00CABB90.001" .... and a xml file. So i tried to intall it. Thank you anyway.

Guest CrescendoFire
I know, but if i extract the cab file all that i have is alot of files like this: "00CABB90.001" .... and a xml file. So i tried to intall it. Thank you anyway.

Sorry, just re-check the link I provided above and I think I posted a wrong link....

This is the right link: http://down.kr.samsungmobile.com/uploadimg...ageApp_EA03.zip

Big sorry for all... >,<

The link (cab) before is an update to Touch Clock....

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

For we, at South America, be left behind is the most common thing that happens... So this fact does not surprise me anymore... :P

Nope, I could not even make the download of Document Viewer. When I tried to do that, opened a window to log me. And I fail to register myself. Do you have it?

BrainGame installed fine (with .cab). But nothing happened when I clicked to run it (it didn't create a shortcut at games' folder. I tried to run it at its properly folder at My Storage). ;)

The 'WOW' thing is: Samsung is clearly updating their software for Korean users and NOT GIVING AN UPDATE for international users. Amazing isn't it?

No, the JungUm is working OK for me without any registration at all... Just PLEASE DON'T INSTALL THE CAB, open it with winrar and unrar it and copy it, make a shortcut and it'll work OK...

Guest CrescendoFire
For we, at South America, be left behind is the most common thing that happens... So this fact does not surprise me anymore... :P

Nope, I could not even make the download of Document Viewer. When I tried to do that, opened a window to log me. And I fail to register myself. Do you have it?

BrainGame installed fine (with .cab). But nothing happened when I clicked to run it (it didn't create a shortcut at games' folder. I tried to run it at its properly folder at My Storage). ;)

Sorry sorry... the link before is wrong... I already updated the link at my post above your post.... check it out....

And those contain the thing that need to be extracted and just click on exe, it'll run perfectly...

This is the screenshot of the structure inside that zip from here: http://down.kr.samsungmobile.com/uploadimg...ageApp_EA03.zip

post-681239-1308321079_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest bobfrantic

Sorry sorry... the link before is wrong... I already updated the link at my post above your post.... check it out....

And those contain the thing that need to be extracted and just click on exe, it'll run perfectly...

Just curious, will these work in Omnia II's ? ;)

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

@CrescendoFire:

Absolutely thanks for the super link. ;)

My experience:

Work: Crayon, Dice, English Study, JungUm, Media Album (just a fun movie), Mgp4 (run, but all in korean) and Pangya (great golf game, but all in korean).

Not Work: Asphalt4, bb2009, Brain, Simpson2, SKAF, Sudoku and Video Editor.

It seems the apps fits 6.5 and not 6.5.x. Top/Botton bar issues gave me this impression.

CrescendoFire, do you have TouchPlayer.exe of this ROM? Any difference?

Guest CrescendoFire
@CrescendoFire:

Absolutely thanks for the super link. ;)

My experience:

Work: Crayon, Dice, English Study, JungUm, Media Album (just a fun movie), Mgp4 (run, but all in korean) and Pangya (great golf game, but all in korean).

Not Work: Asphalt4, bb2009, Brain, Simpson2, SKAF, Sudoku and Video Editor.

It seems the apps fits 6.5 and not 6.5.x. Top/Botton bar issues gave me this impression.

CrescendoFire, do you have TouchPlayer.exe of this ROM? Any difference?

You're welcome.... ^^

I think VideoEditor must be placed in \Program Files\ in the Device, since it run OK for me... updated version number and smoother.... ^^

Try it once more.... ^^

Umm, I tried to take the TouchPlayer, but its not even start... Stating error bla bla with certificate and make sure you install it correctly.... (same error like it doesn't exist even though I run the exe directly)... I placed it in the Windows folder.... Still no-go.... Should be a good diff since all programs is smoother....hehehe... ^^

One thing that concerns me is: They don't have jInbox... The jInbox is nowhere to be found... They got SMS-MMS.exe with icon same as jInbox but it's no way to be jInbox, the size is way smaller... And they have MMSC.exe and some SMS/MMS related files there... I tried to copy it to my Windows folder but it won't run.... same as TouchPlayer... maybe its device specific or need proper certificate to run....

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest Murshad

Dear CrescendoFire,

I have Samsung Omnia II I-8000 for Pakistan. I have updated it from the service centre from 6.1 to 6.5 but I am not satisfied from it.

Can u please tell me the right updated bug free versions? All Parts of ROM, CSC and Phone which can be updated and from where? I need Samsung Widget plus and Samsung hhome screen Must. Please tell me the best and how can I flash it please..

My email add is

[email protected]

Its Now have

Device Version is...........

PDA I8000JVJA1

CSC I8000ARBJA2

PHONE I8000XXJA1

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

CE OS 5.2.21883 (Build 21883.5.0.73)

I am very thankful to you...

Owais Sharif

Guest CrescendoFire
hi, anyone knows what's the progress with translating this ROM?

p.s: can anyone tell me what does "flashing" mean?

bye

Flashing mean installing your PDA with respective files that can be OS, eBOOT, Phone.... Easily said: SOFTWARE UPDATE.... ^^

Dear CrescendoFire,

I have Samsung Omnia II I-8000 for Pakistan. I have updated it from the service centre from 6.1 to 6.5 but I am not satisfied from it.

Can u please tell me the right updated bug free versions? All Parts of ROM, CSC and Phone which can be updated and from where? I need Samsung Widget plus and Samsung hhome screen Must. Please tell me the best and how can I flash it please..

My email add is

[email protected]

Its Now have

Device Version is...........

PDA I8000JVJA1

CSC I8000ARBJA2

PHONE I8000XXJA1

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

CE OS 5.2.21883 (Build 21883.5.0.73)

I am very thankful to you...

Owais Sharif

Try this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-i8000nxjj1/

That's the latest international ROM.... About bug-free, I can't say anything about it.... Since all international ROM of i8000 is crappy anyway...

Guest Murshad
Flashing mean installing your PDA with respective files that can be OS, eBOOT, Phone.... Easily said: SOFTWARE UPDATE.... ^^

Try this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-i8000nxjj1/

That's the latest international ROM.... About bug-free, I can't say anything about it.... Since all international ROM of i8000 is crappy anyway...

Dear,

Can u please tell which of the parts Should be updated? The PDA Rom only or the all CSC and phone also?

Guest Murshad
Now cooking... Swapping all drivers and programs from T*Omnia2 ROM to I8000 JJ1 ROM.... Hope it'll turn out OK...

Yah I like this article and sharing by you. I want that rom please dont removing samsung home screen and wiget plus in cookin of this Korean Rom..

I m a newbee. So can you please tell me the procedure in detail.? should I flash my phone with NXJJ1 or should I wait for your cooked T*Omnia 2 Rom?

Guest CrescendoFire
Dear,

Can u please tell which of the parts Should be updated? The PDA Rom only or the all CSC and phone also?

Just the PDA part... the rest isn't usable....

Yah I like this article and sharing by you. I want that rom please dont removing samsung home screen and wiget plus in cookin of this Korean Rom..

I m a newbee. So can you please tell me the procedure in detail.? should I flash my phone with NXJJ1 or should I wait for your cooked T*Omnia 2 Rom?

Thanks... ^^

I didn't and never remove applications. I only remove the unused mp3 (default ringtones), images (default wallpapers), games (since it already got an update out there so we no need this old version), old facebook...

Guest Murshad

Thanks... ^^

I didn't and never remove applications. I only remove the unused mp3 (default ringtones), images (default wallpapers), games (since it already got an update out there so we no need this old version), old facebook...

Yah. Very Good. Remove all old application Like msn weather, facebook, opera, as the new opera mobile 10 for touch is out.etc. And I like to installed it on main memory coz its 16gb.. why should some one install in main memory or programme?

There are two version of PDA

1 I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar

2 PDA_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40.rar

Which one to use? I need English US or Uk as Primary (but support for Urdu and Arabic Optional). Can I add Urdu or Arabic fonts or Launguage install later somehow?

The Second thing is that the CSC part is also I8000PROJJ1. Its PRO. Something related to a carrier Proximus in Belgium. From where I can get a I8000XXJJ1 CSC file.

Special thanks for your help.

Guest Murshad

But my Phone part and eboot all are too old. I wnat to flash all at the same time? with the right latest upgrades..

Guest CrescendoFire
Yah. Very Good. Remove all old application Like msn weather, facebook, opera, as the new opera mobile 10 for touch is out.etc. And I like to installed it on main memory coz its 16gb.. why should some one install in main memory or programme?

There are two version of PDA

2 PDA_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40.rar

Which one to use? I need English US or Uk as Primary (but support for Urdu and Arabic Optional). Can I add Urdu or Arabic fonts or Launguage install later somehow?

The Second thing is that the CSC part is also I8000PROJJ1. Its PRO. Something related to a carrier Proximus in Belgium. From where I can get a I8000XXJJ1 CSC file.

Special thanks for your help.

I can't remove Opera 9, some part of it tied to TouchWiz. And if I remove it, the TouchWiz won't load also... Ah, I already removed all MSN and also Live! thing as they got updated version out there....

Use the I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar... About language, you can install it later. And no need to flash CSC....

But my Phone part and eboot all are too old. I wnat to flash all at the same time? with the right latest upgrades..

umm, use JJ1 eboot and phone... don't use the korean ROM's part other than PDA part as you'll brick your phone....