[Theme] JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest Cirno
Oh, my bad, guess I have no luck then. Have to wait for the official GB update from Huawei. ;)

Well not necessarily but if someone fixes a theme setting for you that would be cool right?

Yes of course it'd be cool if someone willing to help me out, but I thought the difference between U8800 and U8800H is just the HSDPA speed. Now only knew the firmware is different as well. =x

Guest TheManicGibbon

I'm kind of at a loss to explain my use in this thread any more :P ;)

I'm seeking help on my apk recompiling problems, but does anyone want me to update my themes or are you just gonna use flibblesan's now?

It works for me great ,but i really miss the percentage of battery left in the right top corner.

I can maybe do that for you, do you want a circle battery mod or just percentage figures shown in the standard battery? And if so do you want that in 10% or 1% increments?

Guest That-Guy
I'm kind of at a loss to explain my use in this thread any more :D ;)

I'm seeking help on my apk recompiling problems, but does anyone want me to update my themes or are you just gonna use flibblesan's now?

I can maybe do that for you, do you want a circle battery mod or just percentage figures shown in the standard battery? And if so do you want that in 10% or 1% increments?

Yes please keep updating your theme :P

Flibblesan created his for his ROM he is releasing, would still be great just to have a dedicated theme :D

Guest primozkoco
I'm kind of at a loss to explain my use in this thread any more :D ;)

It doesnt really matter what it is just it has to show percentege and be as accurate as it can be. Thanks for doing this :P

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yes please keep updating your theme ;)

Flibblesan created his for his ROM he is releasing, would still be great just to have a dedicated theme :D

Sure, as soon as I get this apk recompiling problem worked out I'll have an update for you!

It doesnt really matter what it is just it has to show percentege and be as accurate as it can be. Thanks for doing this :D

I'll give you one in 10% increments the now and maybe tomorrow I'll work on a 1% one for you :P

EDIT: Percentage one added to first post!

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Simon O

Did the quick walkthrough of what I did to edit and rebuild the framework not help you? I had problems with apktool trying to rebuild your framework so I just edited a fresh stock framework again. Maybe your problems are due to this?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Did the quick walkthrough of what I did to edit and rebuild the framework not help you? I had problems with apktool trying to rebuild your framework so I just edited a fresh stock framework again. Maybe your problems are due to this?

I'm having problems editing styles.xml on my Blade themes too. Tomorrow I'll try just pulling the stock framework-res.apk from FLB and making the changes. Everything else I can do fine, just the files that recompile to resources.arsc giving me grief. I'll have another look at your guide. BTW, does framework-res.apk need to be signed after I edit XML files? I have signapktic from the market on my Blade.

Cheers

Guest Simon O
I'm having problems editing styles.xml on my Blade themes too. Tomorrow I'll try just pulling the stock framework-res.apk from FLB and making the changes. Everything else I can do fine, just the files that recompile to resources.arsc giving me grief. I'll have another look at your guide. BTW, does framework-res.apk need to be signed after I edit XML files? I have signapktic from the market on my Blade.

Cheers

Nope, don't resign. Also my guide isn't totally right so let me fix it ;)

Edit: Updated. If it gets too confusing give me a shout.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Nope, don't resign. Also my guide isn't totally right so let me fix it B)

Edit: Updated. If it gets too confusing give me a shout.

Those instructions were perfect. I followed them to the letter, using 7-Zip instead of WinRAR, but my Blade still doesn't boot. 100% exactly what you said, as with every other tutorial I've followed! :)

Guest TheManicGibbon
Will this help at all?

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/andr...pack-apk-files/

I no nothing about this area so may not :)

Sadly not...but thanks anyway. I'm almost at the stage of giving up, I've spent nearly a week trying to change the colour of one text heading, it's infuriating after trying everything I can think of. Thanks again!

Guest TheManicGibbon

An update for everyone. I've finally managed to change what I wanted, and Version 2 of the theme is almost complete. It adds a lot more "Gingerbreadness", although I want to point out, it may still not contain a fix for the black-on-black menu issue. Here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite; they're from my Blade but the theme will be the same now I know what to do.

post-843502-1308433807_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

EDIT: For flibblesan, I ended up doing it manually by editing services.jar...the resources.arsc thing still basically hates me.

Edited by TheManicGibbon

How do i install this theme? I'm kind of confused on exactly how to do this.

Also is there a way to get the clock, and battery icon of the gmail pack, plus the main theme? or should i wait for fibblesan's rom?

I just rooted my u8800 tonight with Paul's super boot and have never touched linux style things or anything like this before.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Also is there a way to get the clock, and battery icon of the gmail pack, plus the main theme? or should i wait for fibblesan's rom?

I just rooted my u8800 tonight with Paul's super boot and have never touched linux style things or anything like this before.

You need to have a custom recovery image such as Clockworkmod installed. There'll be threads lying around showing you how to do this.

Then, put the X5-GBTHEME-JGMS-Standard.zip file onto your SD card.

Boot into Clockworkmod and go to Install Zip from SDcard > Choose Zip > select X5-GBTHEME-JGMS-Standard.zip > Yes

The theme will be flashed, and then select Reboot from the Clockworkmod menu. The first boot after you flash the theme will take a while; don't worry, this is normal because Android has to rebuild some caches after flashing the theme.

What do you mean "Also is there a way to get the clock, and battery icon of the gmail pack, plus the main theme?"? The theme download includes everything you see in the screenshots, except the GMail addon, which you flash in the same way as described above.

Hope this helps :)

Guest That-Guy

THIS POST is the best place to get you started :)

Do i just put it anywhere on the sd card? Also any idea when fibblesan's rom is going to come out? because if it comes with this theme i may as well wait for that :)

also would i be able to install this theme with metamorph?

Edited by Myir

Guest That-Guy
Do i just put it anywhere on the sd card? Also any idea when fibblesan's rom is going to come out? because if it comes with this theme i may as well wait for that :)

also would i be able to install this theme with metamorph?

Yes the root of the SD Card will be fine.

Flibblesan's theme will probably be a while, he has only just started development. Don't quote me on that though B)

It's all good can't wait for it to come out and have the fun problem of trying to workout if i should use cm7 or your ROM when they both finally come out ^^

I got this theme to work, but one thing i have noticed with it is that the labels for the add/settings/preference/search/notification/wallpaper don't show up, only the icon does. It simply shows black with the icon

Edited by Myir

Guest TheManicGibbon
It's all good can't wait for it to come out and have the fun problem of trying to workout if i should use cm7 or your ROM when they both finally come out ^^

I got this theme to work, but one thing i have noticed with it is that the labels for the add/settings/preference/search/notification/wallpaper don't show up, only the icon does. It simply shows black with the icon

Yep, I know about this. Sorry everyone, I keep getting sidetracked :) I will get round to it!

Guest TheManicGibbon
Hey TheManicGibbon !

I am wondering could you possibly port this theme?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cgas.jamtbf.free

To the U8800, I fell in love with theme and love to have it. But it's only for the blade(zte).

Waiting eagerly for an answer !

I'm afraid that for the moment the answer is no. It is built for CM7, and requires Android 2.3, AFAIK there is not yet a CM build for the U8800. Sorry about that. Also, I'd be getting into the murky waters of paid content, since there is both a free and paid for version of that theme, which I don't really want to get into.

Sorry about that!