32gb sd card wont work - advice required SOS

Guest andrew531

Guest andrew531
are you typing this command in the directory where you have adb-windows installed? because it sounds like the cmd cant find the path

Hi

I have done that and I have run the command in the folder where all of the Advent Modding files are and it now says 'the program can't start because Abdwinapi.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest premieral
Hi

I have done that and I have run the command in the folder where all of the Advent Modding files are and it now says 'the program can't start because Abdwinapi.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

ok so have you run a file search for this driver? I take it this is the pc you first installed pauls rom to and from? anyhows the answer is there at least it cant find the adb driver so search and if you find it point it at it ;) or just reinstall as you did initially from the modaco download :D we are at least getting somewhere Andrew, the worst thing will be if after all this your sd card still shows as u/s :P

Guest andrew531
ok so have you run a file search for this driver? I take it this is the pc you first installed pauls rom to and from? anyhows the answer is there at least it cant find the adb driver so search and if you find it point it at it ;) or just reinstall as you did initially from the modaco download :D we are at least getting somewhere Andrew, the worst thing will be if after all this your sd card still shows as u/s :P

That specified that it can't find is there looking at me on the screen in the folder that is open with everything else in it! Is there's a way that I should be opening the command prompt screen other than going through the start menu when the folder I need is open.for example do I right click in the actually window that is open or something?

I told you I was a newbie ha ha

Guest simonta

Between the 3 of us, we'll get there ;)

Can't understand why this problem is apparently unique to you and hard to envisage what the problem might be via the medium of forum posts so we'll take the brute force approach.

Copy this DLL from the install directory to c:\windows and repeat for any other similar errors. Windows searches something called the "path" for where to find files plus the current directory. If this DLL exists in the directory where you have the installer, it should work.

c:\windows (I'm assuming Windows is installed on C:, it usually is) is always on the search path so by copying files there, Windows will find them.

If you want, I can connect remotely to your machine and do this for you (you'll be able to see exactly what I do as well so I can't go furtively squirelling into those "special" directories you may or may not have :P

Edited by simonta

Guest premieral

Can't understand why this problem is apparently unique to you and hard to envisage what the problem might be via the medium of forum posts so we'll take the brute force approach.

Copy this DLL from the install directory to c:\windows and repeat for any other similar errors. Windows searches something called the "path" for where to find files plus the current directory. If this DLL exists in the directory where you have the installer, it should work.

c:\windows (I'm assuming Windows is installed on C:, it usually is) is always on the search path so by copying files there, Windows will find them.

If you want, I can connect remotely to your machine and do this for you (you'll be able to see exactly what I do as well so I can't go furtively squirelling into those "special" directories you may or may not have :P

lol , Andrew this could be the best offer you ever get so i would jump at it

*****edit********

once you have let Simon in so to speak and fixed it would you put the info up here as to what was wrong so we can all learn , ta

Edited by premieral

Guest andrew531

I think that has worked as the command screen. Is full of adb info now and android stuff. But not sure what it means or what to do next to install clockworkmod. The vega tools simply don't work all options say uncaught exception. I have downloaded the clockworkmod zip file which contains the flash image and rrecovery image. So can I do something with it and the command screen that is open?

You guys have been brilliant!!!!

Guest andrew531
lol , Andrew this could be the best offer you ever get so i would jump at it

*****edit********

once you have let Simon in so to speak and fixed it would you put the info up here as to what was wrong so we can all learn , ta

If you can install clockwork mod remotely I would be eternally grateful. Thanks again guys! Lol

Guest premieral
I think that has worked as the command screen. Is full of adb info now and android stuff. But not sure what it means or what to do next to install clockworkmod. The vega tools simply don't work all options say uncaught exception. I have downloaded the clockworkmod zip file which contains the flash image and rrecovery image. So can I do something with it and the command screen that is open?

You guys have been brilliant!!!!

have you tried running add.the bads script now that teh missing driver path has been restored?

Guest andrew531
have you tried running add.the bads script now that teh missing driver path has been restored?

do I just type add.thebads into the open command screen?

Guest premieral
do I just type add.thebads into the open command screen?

i think you should PM simon and take him up on his offer to do this remotely for you, he has done it a number of times before for other members and it would be a lot simpler i think as we are all getting a little confused now ;) at least i am :P when you ran teh adb devices command by the way did teh vega come up on the list?

Guest andrew531

Hi Simon

can I take you up on your offer to look at my system remotely?

I have it all on and vega attached in debugging mode at moment. I will send you the equivalent of a pint of lager in monetary value via paypal if you like to have a berr on me !!

thanks as I am starting to confuse everyone now ha ha

Guest andrew531
Hi Simon

I have it all on and vega attached in debugging mode at moment. I will send you the equivalent of a pint of lager in monetary value via paypal if you like to have a berr on me !!

Thanks Premieral for all of your time, patience and attempts to help me - it is greatly appreciated.

;)

Guest simonta
Hi Simon

I've PMed my mobile number. Would 5pm be OK? If not, then after 7.30.

Cheers

Simon

Guest premieral
Thanks Premieral for all of your time, patience and attempts to help me - it is greatly appreciated.

;)

you are welcome andrew ,simon will get you sorted post on here later and let me know what the problem/solution was because it should all work now , very frustrating we must be missing something obvious that once simon can see he can fix :D

You did the HARD bit getting pauls rom installed after that it is supposed to be plain sailing :P

Edited by premieral

Guest simonta
Hi Simon

PS, no need for beer, but thanks anyway. If you haven't already got dropbox, and I do manage to help you, a consideration of signing up for dropbox via my referral would be welcome ;) I'm up to 4.5GB thanks to kind folks doing this..

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/G3HT7lU

Edited by simonta

Guest premieral
PS, no need for beer, but thanks anyway. If you haven't already got dropbox, and I do manage to help you, a consideration of signing up for dropbox via my referral would be welcome ;) I'm up to 4.5GB thanks to kind folks doing this..

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/G3HT7lU

Hi Simon i used your link to open ana account but it didnt ask for a referrer does it pick the referral up automatically?

Guest HypoTurtle

Apologies if I'm confusing things here but could he have just installed clockworkmod through ROM Manager?

I know Andrew may need to know how use ADB correctly in the future but if any one else reading this has a similar issue couldn't they just use ROM Manager or have I gotten myself confused?

And primieral if you look at the URL itself you can see the referral details so it should be automatic (and it should be 2.25 GB free as you signed up through a referral)

Guest simonta
Apologies if I'm confusing things here but could he have just installed clockworkmod through ROM Manager?

I know Andrew may need to know how use ADB correctly in the future but if any one else reading this has a similar issue couldn't they just use ROM Manager or have I gotten myself confused?

And primieral if you look at the URL itself you can see the referral details so it should be automatic (and it should be 2.25 GB free as you signed up through a referral)

Hi premieral. Yeh, it does pick up automatically from the reference number in the link, and thanks!!!!!

Regarding ROM manager. My experience of ROM manager on Vega has not been good so I don't recommend it. Not saying it doesn't work, just that my mileage has not been good.

PS. The problem is that the easy installer puts ADB and it's DLLs into a sub folder but doesn't path that subfolder from the batch file installer which is in the parent directory. If anyone is looking for an answer to the same problem, there are at least 3 solutions. I used number 2 for Andrew which is quick and easy.

1. Copy all of the ADB files into a directory on your path or create a new directory, e.g. c:\program files\adb and add that to the path (advanced users)

2. Copy the contents of the Windows subdirectory to the parent directory where windows-install.bat resides.

3. Edit the batch file and add

.\windows\
before every reference to adb.exe. Edited by simonta

Guest premieral
Hi premieral. Yeh, it does pick up automatically from the reference number in the link, and thanks!!!!!

Regarding ROM manager. My experience of ROM manager on Vega has not been good so I don't recommend it. Not saying it doesn't work, just that my mileage has not been good.

PS. The problem is that the easy installer puts ADB and it's DLLs into a sub folder but doesn't path that subfolder from the batch file installer which is in the parent directory. If anyone is looking for an answer to the same problem, there are at least 3 solutions. I used number 2 for Andrew which is quick and easy.

1. Copy all of the ADB files into a directory on your path or create a new directory, e.g. c:\program files\adb and add that to the path (advanced users)

2. Copy the contents of the Windows subdirectory to the parent directory where windows-install.bat resides.

3. Edit the batch file and add before every reference to adb.exe.

Well done simon ;) is the sd card ok now Andrew

Guest andrew531

Thanks guys for all of your help, it has been a long day ha ha. Simon sorted it for me with a couple of minor complications. I cannot tell you what the problem was for others to learn from unfortunately. However the ultimate answer is that if you use this forum and be a dedicated member then you will get help from generous like minded people!!

The dropbox app looks really handy by thw way. To be able to access any file from any pc, laptop or tablet / smart phone is invaluable and considering it is free it is astonishing and so easy to set up even I can do it!!!!

Just click this link its that simple http://db.tt/G3HT7lU

thanks once again chaps - if there is anything I can ever help you with then just shout!!!!

PS - is there anyway that I can rate you guys on here to build your status? If so let me know and I will do it

Guest andrew531
It seems to be ok at moment so that has saved me another £35!!!

I was tempted to try the new Vegacomb install but I think I might leave it for now ha ha!

Guest simonta
I was tempted to try the new Vegacomb install but I think I might leave it for now ha ha!

Good move. Vegacomb is fantastic and the guys have done an incredible job doing something many thought would be impossible. However, it's not yet ready for day-to-day use by less experienced Vegans. The team's other ROM, Corvus5 is a real gem and in my opinion, a benchmark for how goood a Vega can be. I recommend using mcr for a while, which is stable and functional, then switching to Coruvs5 for even more Vega love. You can even install it easily using your new found Clockworkmodness.

BTW, not dissing the other ROMs at all, simply stating a personal opinion that Corvus5 is at the top of the pile.

Cheers, and glad to have been of some small assistance..

Guest premieral

Now you have clockwork do a full backup and then you can easily install and restore any time using clockwork mod. I am using vegacomb but last night it had a complete meltdown so i have been back to stock then restored my last working vegacomb as i just love the way it feels. But do experiment once you have the backup as that way you learn quicker and also some of the roms on here are so good, really glad you got sorted Simon is a top bloke

Guest andrew531
Now you have clockwork do a full backup and then you can easily install and restore any time using clockwork mod. I am using vegacomb but last night it had a complete meltdown so i have been back to stock then restored my last working vegacomb as i just love the way it feels. But do experiment once you have the backup as that way you learn quicker and also some of the roms on here are so good, really glad you got sorted Simon is a top bloke

I have really pushed the boat out and installed corvus5! Is there anyway i call re-install all of the apps etc that i had on r8 rom?

Thanks