How to delete pre-installed apps from rooted Legend?

Guest judzz

Guest judzz

Compadres,

I want to remove some pre-installed apps from an HTC Legend and, as I am not an expert, I need some advice. So far, I have done the follwing:

- I have downgraded from Android 2.2/Build 3.15 to Android 2.1/Build 1.31.405.4.

- HBOOT is 1.01.000

- I have installed Titanium VISIONary+, perm rooted the phone

- Installed Titanium Backup

When I started Titanium, I got only 5 apps listed, and the advice to install BusyBox.

I installed Busybox installer, as well as Busybox itself (fromMarket), phone said it was successfully installed. Back to Busybox installer, try to install but I get the message: “application failed, either because the device is not nand or we were unable to remount”.

When I start Titanium, it says the phone is rooted. In the apps list I see now all the apps, the Busybox installer, but not Busybox itself.

Nonetheless I try to uninstall an app (e.g. Flickr), the phone reboots and when its back on the app is still there.

So I try it a different way: adb shell, su, rm /system/app/Flickr.apk, reply is rm failed, directory not empty.

I have been looking for a solution on the blogs, so far I tried everything but it still does not work. As I am a novice in all this, I would rather not flash a ROM or whatever drastic measures I should take.

So here are two questions:

- I I freeze an app with Titanium, it is taken away from the apps screen, does this mean it does not run anymore?

- Anyway, as this is a principle matter, I really could use some advice on how to physicalle delete some of these apps.

Thanks in advance!!

Guest boibo
Compadres,

I want to remove some pre-installed apps from an HTC Legend and, as I am not an expert, I need some advice. So far, I have done the follwing:

- I have downgraded from Android 2.2/Build 3.15 to Android 2.1/Build 1.31.405.4.

- HBOOT is 1.01.000

- I have installed Titanium VISIONary+, perm rooted the phone

- Installed Titanium Backup

When I started Titanium, I got only 5 apps listed, and the advice to install BusyBox.

I installed Busybox installer, as well as Busybox itself (fromMarket), phone said it was successfully installed. Back to Busybox installer, try to install but I get the message: “application failed, either because the device is not nand or we were unable to remount”.

When I start Titanium, it says the phone is rooted. In the apps list I see now all the apps, the Busybox installer, but not Busybox itself.

Nonetheless I try to uninstall an app (e.g. Flickr), the phone reboots and when its back on the app is still there.

So I try it a different way: adb shell, su, rm /system/app/Flickr.apk, reply is rm failed, directory not empty.

I have been looking for a solution on the blogs, so far I tried everything but it still does not work. As I am a novice in all this, I would rather not flash a ROM or whatever drastic measures I should take.

So here are two questions:

- I I freeze an app with Titanium, it is taken away from the apps screen, does this mean it does not run anymore?

- Anyway, as this is a principle matter, I really could use some advice on how to physicalle delete some of these apps.

Thanks in advance!!

you cannot modify /system when phone is on. you need to be in recovery to do that. Read the guide on rooting legend and you will see.

• 2 weeks later...