Which ROMs??

Guest Plebius20

Guest Plebius20

I have been around awhile, barely can flash my phone. So, there is my level of expertise...

I am wondering what all the cooks are running on their own personal O2's??

I have used Steels beta Sense, AMD lite ROM (current), Ninja's Today. I am wondering what the cooks themselves are using.

And I understand requesting something is like wishing in one hand and _____ in the other, I am only looking for a ROM that offers RAM (though speed is only critical sometimes), battery life, web browsing (opera I understand the RAM hog, but I am used to it now), and listening to music, flashlight, JinBox ONLY!! (hate the default texting in Samsung), and reading e books. Can any of you great cooks help me out. I don't need a reg edit or an overclocking, or games, or orientation. Stuff like that. If any of you maybe interested in making the most basic streamlined ROM, i would love to converse and create something useful for those of us who continually are overwhelmed by all the stuff on the phone that may be useless or unused since it resides over are heads.

I have read the guides about cooking but they just give me a headache.... This is my last ditch effort to combine my usage and basic understanding to either cook or combine and create something so streamlined and useful to us newbies that MODACO will have to deem us legends!

If anyone reads this that feels the same way please be heard and reply to this post, and if anyone wants to help create a ROM that has about 65-74 RAM available but with just enough programs to not get lost driving, in the dark, or without a quick easy topic at their next cocktail party,

PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND!!

Guest amdzero

I have been around awhile, barely can flash my phone. So, there is my level of expertise...

I am wondering what all the cooks are running on their own personal O2's??

I have used Steels beta Sense, AMD lite ROM (current), Ninja's Today. I am wondering what the cooks themselves are using.

And I understand requesting something is like wishing in one hand and _____ in the other, I am only looking for a ROM that offers RAM (though speed is only critical sometimes), battery life, web browsing (opera I understand the RAM hog, but I am used to it now), and listening to music, flashlight, JinBox ONLY!! (hate the default texting in Samsung), and reading e books. Can any of you great cooks help me out. I don't need a reg edit or an overclocking, or games, or orientation. Stuff like that. If any of you maybe interested in making the most basic streamlined ROM, i would love to converse and create something useful for those of us who continually are overwhelmed by all the stuff on the phone that may be useless or unused since it resides over are heads.

I have read the guides about cooking but they just give me a headache.... This is my last ditch effort to combine my usage and basic understanding to either cook or combine and create something so streamlined and useful to us newbies that MODACO will have to deem us legends!

If anyone reads this that feels the same way please be heard and reply to this post, and if anyone wants to help create a ROM that has about 65-74 RAM available but with just enough programs to not get lost driving, in the dark, or without a quick easy topic at their next cocktail party,

PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND!!

I'm not sure what more can be done. Did you trying building on one of the lite roms available? I've all but given up on the i920, as Android is far superior to WinMo. Besides, does anyone actually read these forums anymore?

Guest Bryan W.

I'm not sure what more can be done. Did you trying building on one of the lite roms available? I've all but given up on the i920, as Android is far superior to WinMo. Besides, does anyone actually read these forums anymore?

I'm pretty sure you are the last regular visitor left, amdzero. :)

Guest Stylii

I'm pretty sure you are the last regular visitor left, amdzero. :)

Not quite the last, but AMDZero is certainly one of the most knowledgeable and helpful! I continue to visit this forum and would recommend AMDZero's Test4 Ultralite+Sense 6.5.5. It offers Sense functionality and is quite stable.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Plebius20

That's the issue AMDZERO I have no clue on how to build on top a lite rom... I have started the guide even downloaded the i920 kitchen 2.0 but am lost beyond all means, if you are still around and reading :) any help would be great!

Guest Plebius20

That's the issue AMDZERO I have no clue on how to build on top a lite rom... I have started the guide even downloaded the i920 kitchen 2.0 but am lost beyond all means, if you are still around and reading :) any help would be great!

Guest amdzero

My suggestion was not to build a new rom, but to build on an existing lite rom. By that I mean find a good lite rom, install it, then install only the apps that you want. There is no need to cook a lite rom with the apps you want when its only going to be you using them. Besides you can't update or uninstall apps that are cooked in (for the most part).