[rom][gen2][zte 2.3.4] Monte Carlo Stir Fry

Guest wbaw

Guest TouchyAndalou

I'm having a problem with this rom and could use some advice. I don't like the new 'improved' market, which hangs on "starting download" for me more often than not. So before flashing I replaced vending.apk with the one from b19 (old market), which I thought would have worked fine, but upon inspection, I'm greeted by force closes every time I attempt to open the market. Is there something else I need to alter to get this working? Is the old market app not compatible with this framework or something?

WBAW or anybody else, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I'm having a problem with this rom and could use some advice. I don't like the new 'improved' market, which hangs on "starting download" for me more often than not. So before flashing I replaced vending.apk with the one from b19 (old market), which I thought would have worked fine, but upon inspection, I'm greeted by force closes every time I attempt to open the market. Is there something else I need to alter to get this working? Is the old market app not compatible with this framework or something?

WBAW or anybody else, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Try a clean install of this ROM with new market and not changing anything. It works!

Market behaviour also depends on the network you use. I mean the internet. I am on giffgaff and got excellent market browsing. Had to switch to 3 for a bit for my friend, and it was terrible laggy internet experience for me. I checked it on wifi at home and works super cool on wifi. I guess it takes too long to download images etc that it needs in new market. Thus we find it laggy.

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

This is a port from the Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate) to run on the ZTE Blade.

It's totally de-branded & customised to be similar to Ginger Stir Fry, a lot of stuff had to be borrowed from GSF to make it work.

It has Dolby audio processing.

Bluetooth doesn't work. Wifi tether only works with a 3rd party app (included). There may be other bugs.

This is my final attempt at this, there will be no further updates or support.

Download: mcsf-blade-1.00.zip

MD5: 59c7f6a13fb7c87eee2a3cfeb03b3a0e

I got Bluetooth To work!

+ WiFi works fine without any tethering program!

Can anyone send me the Blade init.rc then I can check it and fix it..? and can anyone repack the boot.img later?

I cant release this ROM without some big fixes and if I cant edit init.rc!

Wbaw! Is it ok to you if I can edit and release this ROM with fixes?

EDIT: Music player not work anymore! how you fixed it wbaw...?

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

Guest The Soup Thief

Loving this rom. Was out of town yesterday using Google maps. Unfortunately the phone rebooted twice during the 4 hrs or so I was driving. This feels worlds away from the kind of reboots I've have with GPS on roms previously (most notably CM7 nightlies before the 50s) when I'd get reboots soon after starting up the GPS apps. Nontheless it was a bit of a pain. Anyone else noticed any similar problems? Phone was very hot to the touch at the time, so it may have been a temperature reboot - was driving so wasn't able to mess about generating logcats or reviewing the temperature - sorry. Of note, it never rebooted all the way back to the static standard green android - screen went black for a couple of seconds before the swirling Android boot screen (hope you understand what I mean there)

I don't use GPS too often so I'm gonna carry on using this - just wondering if anyone else has noticed similar things

Btw - Carlos' bluetooth breakthrough sounds promising (for them that like bluetooth!)

mcsf-blade-2.00.zip (92.3 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/0X76JNXACB

Bluetooth Works!

GPS Works

WiFi works correctly!

Problems: Music Player not work on My Blade but other can use Music Player without problems!!

Build.prop : I added more text and added multitouch...=enable text + camera tweaks texts from DROIDX build.prop, stagefright text, other..

Wbaw Can you fix music player and if you have time then init.rc with more some texts to make more stable!

Please Wbaw Edit this ROM! This can be better and more stable than Ginger Stir Fry!

P.S. This is my first edited and working ROM for ZTE Blade!

Guest TouchyAndalou

Try a clean install of this ROM with new market and not changing anything. It works!

Market behaviour also depends on the network you use. I mean the internet. I am on giffgaff and got excellent market browsing. Had to switch to 3 for a bit for my friend, and it was terrible laggy internet experience for me. I checked it on wifi at home and works super cool on wifi. I guess it takes too long to download images etc that it needs in new market. Thus we find it laggy.

I think you're right that the new market depends greatly on the strength of the Internet signal. I'm also with giffgaff, and at work today where I can get 3G the market worked without a hitch. As soon as I try it at home though, where I can't get 3G, it's back to either not loading at all or loading very slooooowly. Thanks for your response, anyhow.

I wonder if the old market is incompatible with this rom?

Guest rockstarszzzz

mcsf-blade-2.00.zip (92.3 MB)

http://www.multiupload.com/0X76JNXACB

Bluetooth Works!

GPS Works

WiFi works correctly!

Problems: Music Player not work on My Blade but other can use Music Player without problems!

Build.prop : I added more text and added multitouch...=enable text + camera tweaks texts from DROIDX build.prop, stagefright text, other..

Wbaw Can you fix music player and if you have time then init.rc with more some texts to make more stable!

Please Wbaw Edit this ROM! This can be better and more stable than Ginger Stir Fry!

P.S. This is my first edited and working ROM for ZTE Blade!

Ok testing it now! I will report back VERY soon if the bluetooth works! In that case this will THE most perfect leak!! Thanks a lot!

Guest rockstarszzzz

I think you're right that the new market depends greatly on the strength of the Internet signal. I'm also with giffgaff, and at work today where I can get 3G the market worked without a hitch. As soon as I try it at home though, where I can't get 3G, it's back to either not loading at all or loading very slooooowly. Thanks for your response, anyhow.

I wonder if the old market is incompatible with this rom?

I don't think so. I mean it's just swapping the vending.apk by the looks of it.

Does anyone know if the Monte Carlo came with new market or old?

Guest rockstarszzzz

Bluetooth turns on fine, Bluetooth discovers other devices fine, but when I try to send a file over bluetooth, it force closes! - this is for 2.0 version.

Bluetooth turns on fine, Bluetooth discovers other devices fine, but when I try to send a file over bluetooth, it force closes! - this is for 2.0 version.

have u tried to send files with different file managers?

Guest Dangel-81

Confirm the transfer by bluetooth does not work in both directions. WiFi tether also runs without any external programs. Sorry for my english)

Edited by Dangel-81

I replaced many Bluetooth files with GSF Bluetooth files and I added the android.hardware.bluetooth.xml to /system/etc/permissions/

If Bluetooth not work then some files needs editing but I can't edit all Bluetooth files and I never have edited the Bluetooth files...

maybe other boot.img can fix the bluetooth problem...

Guest rockstarszzzz

I replaced many Bluetooth files with GSF Bluetooth files and I added the android.hardware.bluetooth.xml to /system/etc/permissions/

If Bluetooth not work then some files needs editing but I can't edit all Bluetooth files and I never have edited the Bluetooth files...

maybe other boot.img can fix the bluetooth problem...

Editing or replacing those files - will that fix the issues? Isn't it more hardware related? Monte carlo having a different hardware config for bluetooth than blade makes it unusable is what I thought.

Two things that are very excellent on this ROM are: Network signal and Dolby sound. I don't know what controls radio connectivity i.e. network signal but if the files/settings for these two things are ported to GSF 21 - I think it will be an optimum ROM. However, having said that, it's nearly 23rd August. The kernel source should be release by ZTE within next 7 days. In that scenario as wbaw has already said few times - "this and GSF will be rendered least useful".

After getting kernel source - things like overclocking, polishing, etc will be much easier for the developers and even CM7 will speed up in many areas. Thus, use this ROM as it is, spend more time enjoying the ROM than editing as better ROMs might be released soon by same excellent developers :)

Thanks a lot for all your efforts to try and edit and make bluetooth work.

Editing or replacing those files - will that fix the issues? Isn't it more hardware related? Monte carlo having a different hardware config for bluetooth than blade makes it unusable is what I thought.

Two things that are very excellent on this ROM are: Network signal and Dolby sound. I don't know what controls radio connectivity i.e. network signal but if the files/settings for these two things are ported to GSF 21 - I think it will be an optimum ROM. However, having said that, it's nearly 23rd August. The kernel source should be release by ZTE within next 7 days. In that scenario as wbaw has already said few times - "this and GSF will be rendered least useful".

After getting kernel source - things like overclocking, polishing, etc will be much easier for the developers and even CM7 will speed up in many areas. Thus, use this ROM as it is, spend more time enjoying the ROM than editing as better ROMs might be released soon by same excellent developers :)

I don't know which hardwares Skate have I only know that Skate's Screen is bigger and CPU 800MHz I tested ZTE Skate 2.3 ROM for ZTE Skate and not work even other boot.img cant help :/

I really want Skate ROM to work on Blade correctly! Because Dolby sound was amazing and it is now amazing too!

But I try to get games to work on CM7 nightly 171 correctly but not luck! :/

I don't have any Idea how to make good ROM I cant edit ROMs because I cant edit .so files... :/ So I need to use something other ROM which is not like I want...

and Does anybody have any Idea how to get Dolby audio to ZTE ROM? I cant find nothing porting instructions..

Mobile Dolby Audio is amazing but I cant find right files... :/

Guest dwitcombe

Have to say that i too find the dolby so much better, certainly made me think of my blade as more than just a phone. better quality than most stand alone players. thanks to all involved.

Guest reluctant_traveller

and Does anybody have any Idea how to get Dolby audio to ZTE ROM? I cant find nothing porting instructions..

Mobile Dolby Audio is amazing but I cant find right files... :/

You seem obsessed with finding the right files to solve every problem, unfortunately that is just not realistic.

As much as ROM building can be, for the most part, pick and mix; some coding or compiling has to actually take place; herein lies the problem - the source for this has not been released yet.

You seem obsessed with finding the right files to solve every problem, unfortunately that is just not realistic.

As much as ROM building can be, for the most part, pick and mix; some coding or compiling has to actually take place; herein lies the problem - the source for this has not been released yet.

Usually I try to get work that which not work yet! I cant nothing for it! Dolby audio can work on GSF too but I do not know which files is for it! is them libaudio*.so which not work on GSF if them are from MCFS.... maybe them are the files...

or then it is enabled in boot.img..?

IF ANYONE FOUND SOMETHING ABOUT PORTING DOLBY AUDIO TO ANDROID DEVICE THEN CAN YOU GIVE LINK? =)

Guest unrandomsam

The source for the dolby part will never be released. (The way he is trying (perhaps manually patching alot of stuff) is the only way other than dex2jar and trying to re implement it)

Guest unrandomsam

CM7 is unlikely to show any major speedup. Wifi never sleeps might work but that is it.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I can't overclock to 700mhz with setcpu with this rom, stuck at 600mhz. Am i missing something ?

You cant overclock any zte based gingerbread roms.

Maybe I'm wrong, I never used this specific Monte Carlo ROM. But without an App from Market, Bluetooth File Transfer never worked for me, with any ROM. Check out Bluetooth File Transfer.