Maximum OC Limit for ZTE Blade

Guest Priyansh

Guest cartmanotfat

is there some way to increase voltage on procesor because LG Optimus One have same procesor running no problem at 806Mhz i cant get my blade to more that 710 :-(

+1

The HTC Legend has the same processeur and i can overclock to 860mhz without any problem, I think it will work if we increase the voltage on the Blade.

Guest Priyansh

+1

The HTC Legend has the same processeur and i can overclock to 860mhz without any problem, I think it will work if we increase the voltage on the Blade.

And if I am not wrong, increasing the voltage to the processor will obviously mean a real decline in the battery life. right? :o

Guest ThermalDroid

And if I am not wrong, increasing the voltage to the processor will obviously mean a real decline in the battery life. right? :o

Over clocking does that any way....

Guest hugobosslives

thanks alot man, but both NOVA n NOVA2 doesn't work on my blade :(:(.. NOVA does start but only with a black screen and some music :P. Somehow, yesterday i clicked blindly and it started working but with almost half the graphics wiped out.. :( so I uninstalled it.

you find the thread?

both work on the blade. tho NOVA1 is alot harder to make work. if you use a defualt app (from gameloft) the menu's are broken. thus, you just see a black screen althought the game menu has loaded. therefore you can either learn roughly where to press in order to get to something like "continue game" (can't remeber wh\at the actual option is). or you can find one of the modded apps that fixes the menu graphics. after you get into the game, by either way, everything runs perfect.

NOVA2 should run straight off but only if you've done the gingerbread HTC cache trick. most gameloft games don't like the default sd files that the game will download if you leave the .prop alone. see that thread on what i'm on about here.....

Guest Priyansh
you find the thread? both work on the blade. tho NOVA1 is alot harder to make work. if you use a defualt app (from gameloft) the menu's are broken. thus, you just see a black screen althought the game menu has loaded. therefore you can either learn roughly where to press in order to get to something like "continue game" (can't remeber wh\at the actual option is). or you can find one of the modded apps that fixes the menu graphics. after you get into the game, by either way, everything runs perfect. NOVA2 should run straight off but only if you've done the gingerbread HTC cache trick. most gameloft games don't like the default sd files that the game will download if you leave the .prop alone. see that thread on what i'm on about here.....

NOVA1 runs as you said, with the menu broken, i somehow clicked here and there, and entered the game, but the D-pad was also black, the fire button was also black.. So it was quite stupid to play this way. Which modded version are you talking about by the way. Just tell me the exact name of the apk file. :rolleyes: and about NOVA2, I finally managed to find the .prop file u were talking about :P but wasn't able to save it after editing (i.e. changing manufacturer from ZTE to HTC)..?? :unsure::unsure: any idea? btw I opened it in a file manager only...

***EDIT - UPDATE*** :

Finally, I managed to edit build.prop and downloaded the cache for NOVA1. n WOW!! :D:D No lag, no black screen.. Just flawless..!!! Been playing whole day since installed.. :D Thanks a lot mate...

But yea. one more problem, downloaded NOVA2 in the same way. It does start now and shows the video and the menu, but after the video, the whole game kinda shrinks in size to one corner of the screen.. It doesn't shows on the whole screen. any idea..? I used the same version you used.

Edited by Priyansh

Guest hugobosslives

***EDIT - UPDATE*** :

Finally, I managed to edit build.prop and downloaded the cache for NOVA1. n WOW!! :D:D No lag, no black screen.. Just flawless..!!! Been playing whole day since installed.. :D Thanks a lot mate...

But yea. one more problem, downloaded NOVA2 in the same way. It does start now and shows the video and the menu, but after the video, the whole game kinda shrinks in size to one corner of the screen.. It doesn't shows on the whole screen. any idea..? I used the same version you used.

no problem. it's worth the hassle it's a good game.

erm, neva seen that before. maybe uninstall (keep the files) and reboot, then try again.

Guest Priyansh

no problem. it's worth the hassle it's a good game.

erm, neva seen that before. maybe uninstall (keep the files) and reboot, then try again.

dude.. can you do me a favour.. can you upload the cache of NOVA2 to any website and give me the link. I am getting the same halfscreen after trying the method you told. Really wanna play this game! :rolleyes:

Guest targetbsp

I'm not sure they'd be much help. Last time I tested overclock speeds I spent ages running benchmarks - which ought to be good stability tests. Then played some games no problem. Then my phone locked up using calc. :D

The previous time I remember having a similar experience and then market locked up. The less demanding tasks seem to cause more trouble on overclock for me. Perhaps it;s do with with the CPU ramping up and down rather than it just running fast.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

In Cm7 it's settings -> CM Settings -> Performance -> CPU Settings

Under Ginger Stir Fry based roms it can't be done until we get the sourcecode

Under most Froyos you need a third party app such as 'no-frills cpu control'

• 3 months later...
Guest szymko1995

Could someone make kernel with option to change voltage?

Then we can OC our Zte Blade to more than 900Mhz!

It's very important to keep our devices alive (to play more requiring games)...

Guest marcinowozniako1

This is not even what this is all about. Blade is a good phone, and he is missing a few mhz Tuch is smooth and fast action. Even when scrolling desktop widgets collapsed it's not smooth. User community would strengthen the blade certainly very grateful to the person who introduced the function of Uni to increase voltage on the CPU to the kernel.

Guest szymko1995

It depends on your luck.

Some Blades could not reach even 700MHz.

That's why we should have option to overvolt to bigger voltage, like that's in msm7227t.

Guest cartmanotfat

We could make a petition ! tongue.gif Seriously, any dev can tweak the kernel for overvolt ? Thanks by advance...

Edited by cartmanotfat

Guest targetbsp

OC is useless.

Not if your a gamer. Then it's very useful. :)

I have no interest in adjusting the voltage though on something which I have no control over the cooling of.

Guest szymko1995

Why?

It's the only way to increase more msm7227's clock.

Turbo version of this CPU, which is used e.g. in SGA clocks at 800Mhz thanks to bigger voltage and they can OC it to much more than 900Mhz.

@up

yea.

I'm not saying to OV Blade e.g. of 0,5V.

Rather to Turbo's or other low level.

What's standard (Blade, gt540, p500) and Turbo's voltage?

Edited by szymko1995

Guest jackal-sk

Not if your a gamer. Then it's very useful. :)

I have no interest in adjusting the voltage though on something which I have no control over the cooling of.

Has OC ever helped you increase fps in any game ? If so which one ?