[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

i can read chinese, maybe i can help

but why is it necessarily from a chinese forum ?

It was only launched in China as the Samsung Saturn. Mabey that's why he asked specifically 'Chinese Forums' because they are the only one with this phone.

EDIT: Didn't see Voytecksts Reply

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Hi Voyteckst,

Thank you very much for the APP2SD update, it works well. you are a wonderful man and you did a good job.

Is it possible to have the RADIO FM and front camera, working? Or are this thinks off of your plan?

Edited by bf5

Guest lotuxete

But still, everyone with an native Android phone WITH an data plan are having an VERY hard time on using an phone for 1 day

Most people's battery's are at like 20% before even school ends! They do use alot whatsapp and webbrowsing but still, it's normal on Android

Absolutely true.

The battery of almost ALL high-end Android native phones lasts only for a single day (or less) if you're using 3G. It's a fact, and our O2 Android Port isn't an exception.

Can you remember the war between VHS and BetaMax? BetaMax did lost the war, even being much better than VHS.

Welcome to Android.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Absolutely true.

The battery of almost ALL high-end Android native phones lasts only for a single day (or less) if you're using 3G. It's a fact, and our O2 Android Port isn't an exception.

Can you remember the war between VHS and BetaMax? BetaMax did lost the war, even being much better than VHS.

Welcome to Android.

Yea, true but that was a marketing failure. VHS came later with their HQ versions so both had 250 vertical lines. Only the noise was less on BetaMax. But yeah, things like that happen all the time :(

Guest shoarmabakpao

Can someone download this? But be sure that this imei corresponds nv_data.bin!

In order to register it requires an CHINESE captcha I can't get a way around it :(

I used translator.google.com to translate it. It's simplified chinese. when registering it requires an chinese captcha.

Mabey someone that speaks/reads/writes and types simplified chinese can get that download.

mabey this?

it'sa bout IMEI repair

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest Boddish

I have reinstalled Android om my phone, and it still getting 7% of battery at hour just at sleep (with only 2G activated)... Do anyone knows if there is a way to make it use at least 1% hour?... maybe a patch..rolleyes.gif

Camera works fine to me...laugh.gif

PS: Do anyone knows how to DE-activate swap on a operational Android on? (i'm making some testscool.gif

Guest voyteckst

In order to register it requires an CHINESE captcha I can't get a way around it :(

I used translator.google.com to translate it. It's simplified chinese. when registering it requires an chinese captcha.

Mabey someone that speaks/reads/writes and types simplified chinese can get that download.

mabey this?

it'sa bout IMEI repair

Thanks, but no.

Guest marisaleh

It is very clear the update only fix App2SD problem, nothing else is mentioned.

just curious, with "My phone number Unknown", does it affect the phone performance or usage?

what is the advantage to have it 'known' ?

thanks

It is part of the functionality of the phone to be able to read and communicate with the SIM, you can

communicate with the network and do things like for example configure call waiting etc ..

By the way, Beta 2 never had this problem

Edited by marisaleh

another funny thing of the battery

last night, before going to bed, a forced soft-reset was done so I take that chance for another test -

reboot and did nothing, this morning, when I connected o2 for charging

SURPRISINGLY there's a jump-start on battery gauge of 6% (before connection 54% vs. 60% after connected)

possibility:

1) battery counter is showing wrong info

2) battery counter is not updating the status timely

Hypothesis:

Some sort of connectivity is not completely shut and still run at background before slept, causing abnormal discharge

Edited by Job21

file downloaded from alternative source, passed to Voyteckst for further processing

Edited by Job21

Guest andylau

here you are

http://115.com/file/aq6ux759#

imei.rar

<div><br></div><div><div>And nv_data.bin</div><div>http://115.com/file/e6dttkpt#</div><div>nv_data.bin.rar</div></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="'Arial Black'">imei:<span style="font-size: 14px; ">355299032799917</span></font></div>

Edited by andylau

Guest matriX1218

I've B7610.. I've noticed strange thing about battery...

It is for sure that Android is eating too much battery when in use but...

I've noticed that if we manually lock the phone, it uses more battery in sleep mode...

While if we remain phone for auto lock it consumes less battery...almost 50% consumption...

My battery lasts only 8-10 hrs... but when I left phone for auto lock, my battery lasts 12-15 hrs...:blink:

means something is using battery if we manually lock the phone...

Can any1 confirm this..????

Guest howdanny

what a bad news to me... my 4gb sandisk sd card is corrupted and now is not detectable by my phone and pc.... i just install this beta 3 to sd card for few days...

Guest Nelson Neoh

Anybody has hints for USB connection?

The first day I installed the Beta3 Update 1 to my phone, its USB is not working on Android environment. But after I patched with fixed 1, it is working already, very sudden.

Yesterday my the Beta3 was mil-functioned and coz the whole system corrupted, I forced to remove all the existing data and redo the fresh installation again. After all, the USB is not working again...

It looks like the USB data connect service is not working in the phone. Any idea how to bring it back to work?

Guest ralph760

sorry for a question here:

i'm using omnia i8000 which should be 256 ram should in the WinMo. However, after i install froyo beta3 , it show the total memory only 122mb?? Please clarify me? anyone know bout it?

Guest voyteckst

here you are

http://115.com/file/aq6ux759#

imei.rar

<div><br></div><div><div>And nv_data.bin</div><div>http://115.com/file/e6dttkpt#</div><div>nv_data.bin.rar</div></div><div style="text-align: left;"><font face="'Arial Black'">imei:<span style="font-size: 14px; ">355299032799917</span></font></div>

Thanks! Files inside this imei.rar are images for flashing. I hope that this one http://115.com/file/e6dttkpt is real and corresponds this imei. Can You please ask them? I have to be sure that nv_data.bin is from i6500.

EDIT: This nv_data.bin is from Spica. We need directly nv_data.bin from I6500 (even without IMEI number).

Edited by voyteckst

Guest longsin

Thanks! Files inside this imei.rar are images for flashing. I hope that this one http://115.com/file/e6dttkpt is real and corresponds this imei. Can You please ask them? I have to be sure that nv_data.bin is from i6500.

EDIT: This nv_data.bin is from Spica. We need directly nv_data.bin from I6500 (even without IMEI number).

nv_data.bin.rar

Edited by longsin

Guest longsin

Thanks, but this the sam as in previous link (Spica one). Can You ask people on this forum to share this file (only for development purposes)?

please give me what Web site you saw !

Guest voyteckst

please give me what Web site you saw !

I haven't seen it. Pleas ask people who have this phone. I did the same for Spica on samdroid. I would do that but I don't know chines and do not want to rely on any translator.

Guest andylau

I haven't seen it. Pleas ask people who have this phone. I did the same for Spica on samdroid. I would do that but I don't know chines and do not want to rely on any translator.

I have put a post on hiapk to find a nv_data.bin of i6500, hope some good men can senf it to me

I will as soon as possible to post it here if i got it, now i must go for a report and return at 9:00 pm