[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Pazuzu666

And another question. The README.txt from the froyo beta 3 folder looks like the one from beta 2. Just to clarify, I put all the files in the beta 3 folder onto my WinMo internal storage, then click on installandroid.exe while using WinMo, or while connected to the pc using Ubuntu? And in what format does my SD card have to be formatted, and does the card have to be seperated into partitions by me or does the "installandroid.exe" do it on its own? Does it then also create the swap partition?

Thank you so much for your reply, and thanks to the devs for enabling me to keep my phone^^

worth a note by dev team

About battery,auto sleep for 7hrs is just 5%,compares to few-tens under manual sleep

(matches with finding by another mate prev.)

Edited by Job21

Guest matriX1218

worth a note by dev team

About battery,auto sleep for 7hrs is just 5%,compares to few-tens under manual sleep

(matches with finding by another mate prev.)

Hey that was me...:D

One more finding...

Android is using too much battery when in use... especially if you surf the internet... nearly double...

Now don't tell me this is normal...

The battery has something to do with GPRS/EDGE/3G driver... It has something to do with background connection...

My request is to look at this drivers/settings for one more time...

Edited by matriX1218

Guest fran_nic

For some reason i can't get the swap space to work.

"My storage" is on mmcblk1p5, my system (ext4) is on mmcblk1p7 (6 is something windows mobile put there)

android boots perfectly on mmcblk1p7 and "my storage" gets mounted the right way. Even my sd card get mounted perfectly (mmcblk0p1) so far so good.

Now the problem is i made a linux-swap(82) on mmcblk1p8 but android does nog recognize this partition.

i added a file fstab to system/etc with in it /dev/block/mmcblk1p8 swap swap defaults 0 0

But a swapon -a tells me there is no such file or dir.

When i go have a look in dev/block there is indeed no such device, the others are all there mmcblkp5, 6, 7 but no 8

Anyone got an idea what i'm doing wrong here?

Edited by fran_nic

Guest voyteckst

For some reason i can't get the swap space to work.

"My storage" is on mmcblk1p5, my system (ext4) is on mmcblk1p7 (6 is something windows mobile put there)

android boots perfectly on mmcblk1p7 and "my storage" gets mounted the right way. Even my sd card get mounted perfectly (mmcblk0p1) so far so good.

Now the problem is i made a linux-swap(82) on mmcblk1p8 but android does nog recognize this partition.

i added a file fstab to system/etc with in it /dev/block/mmcblk1p8 swap swap defaults 0 0

But a swapon -a tells me there is no such file or dir.

When i go have a look in dev/block there is indeed no such device, the others are all there mmcblkp5, 6, 7 but no 8

Anyone got an idea what i'm doing wrong here?

Because max parttion number for mmcblk devices is 7. 8th is reserved for next device. Remove hidden 6th ad recreate ext4 and swap one more time.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Pazuzu666

I used the updater, which seemed to work fine, but bluetooth didn't work yet. Tried to connect to a Galaxy S running Eclair, but they couldn't find one another. How to I check which beta version I am running, to make sure that the update was a success?

Thanks for your reply.

Also, my HARET.exe isn't located on mystorage, but on my sdcard. is that a problem?

Edited by Pazuzu666

Guest shoarmabakpao

I used the updater, which seemed to work fine, but bluetooth didn't work yet. Tried to connect to a Galaxy S running Eclair, but they couldn't find one another. How to I check which beta version I am running, to make sure that the update was a success?

Thanks for your reply.

Also, my HARET.exe isn't located on mystorage, but on my sdcard. is that a problem?

Just keep HARET.exe on My Storage just like you should have. Bluetooth works perfectly. Go to settings ->About the phone and check Kernel version. I got there 2.6.32.9 bss@bs1 #423

Guest fran_nic

Because max parttion number for mmcblk devices is 7. 8th is reserved for next device. Remove hidden 6th ad recreate ext4 and swap one more time.

Thank you for your reply. But what is the reason for this hidden partition anyway?

Guest marisaleh

Voyteckst, It will be great if you can stop Facebook from loading everytime you reboot in your

next update. If you look at Manage Apps after reboot, you will see that Facebook is there

running taking up more than 5M space. We need to save as much RAM as we can.

You can always start Facebook manually when you need to.

It is a big program compared with the others.

Really we need minimum apps running on startup to save RAM. One advantage for

example is that your browser will run smoother and faster.

Guest erikcas

Voyteckst, It will be great if you can stop Facebook from loading everytime you reboot in your

next update. If you look at Manage Apps after reboot, you will see that Facebook is there

Could it be that there are people who want Facebook to run constantly? I know many people.....

Guest rmichalko

Hi Voyteckst,

Is it possible to switch off backlight in froyo? This feature is useful in a dark room, because the minimal backlight is very bright in dark environment. In winmo it can be done using e.g. Smart.cab tool from phj.hu/i8000. In froyo beta3 the backlight is always on - even with brightness set to min via power widget. However, in fact I noticed that backlight in froyo turns off, but only when there is no user interaction and the device is going to sleep soon. It would be nice if setting backlight to min would switch off also backlight.

EDIT: There is solution available - applications "Brightness Level" and/or "Screen filter" from Android Market allow to change min brightness.

Guest stanleycc

Try the app Autostarts or something similar. I using it to disable the apps to startup automatically.

Guest matriX1218

Hey that was me...:D

One more finding...

Android is using too much battery when in use... especially if you surf the internet... nearly double...

Now don't tell me this is normal...

The battery has something to do with GPRS/EDGE/3G driver... It has something to do with background connection...

My request is to look at this drivers/settings for one more time...

2nd thing I've noticed that it is the screen / display driver problem that causes battery problem... I'm 100% sure... battery problem is because of display driver problem...

Devs... plz look in too this matter...

Guest marisaleh

Could it be that there are people who want Facebook to run constantly? I know many people.....

Fine, not a problem, just start Facebook manually and keep it running for however

long you wish. What I am saying here is that we have a RAM bottleneck on O2

and will be nice to have a minimum default load as a trade off for more available

RAM and not the other way round. You will then have to start using third party apps

to tweek startup.

Let's have a vote.

Edited by marisaleh

Guest crusssader

2nd thing I've noticed that it is the screen / display driver problem that causes battery problem... I'm 100% sure... battery problem is because of display driver problem...

Devs... plz look in too this matter...

no im sure the problem with batery drain is conected with Wi-fi...who know ...maybi bouth drivers are problem

exuse me for my english

Guest antonio junior

well I noticed something that might help. analyzing the application Spare Parts where we see information about the battery, checked in Battery information that the battery voltage is 3868 mV, is wavering. While in another Android phone is only 4 mV.

does anyone know how to solve when trying to install an application and the message comes, "this application is not installed", I am trying to install JobManager, looked and saidI had to have a two files. apk and .odex, but found the two I do not know how to install.

tried installing via adb jobmanager.apk did not work either. the following sentence appears:

Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES].

I tried with the command, adb install-r, did not work the same message appeared.

Edited by antonio junior

well I noticed something that might help. analyzing the application Spare Parts where we see information about the battery, checked in Battery information that the battery voltage is 3868 mV, is wavering. While in another Android phone is only 4 mV.

... skip ...

mate, no offence but the 4mV doens't make sense at all, majority of electronics requires at least 3V to drive

Side info:

1V = 1000mV (the "m" here means "milli" or 1/1000, as Liter / mL)

So I'll say the 3868 mV is more normal (in fact, your battery should be a 3.7V, or 3700mV too)

Edited by Job21

Guest antonio junior

mate, no offence but the 4mV doens't make sense at all, majority of electronics requires at least 3V to drive

Side info:

1V = 1000mV (the "m" here means "milli" or 1/1000, as Liter / mL)

So I'll say the 3868 mV is more normal (in fact, your battery should be a 3.7V, or 3700mV too)

ok. but

how does this happen

post-766844-0-72211800-1321842849_thumb.