[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

I use file expert to overwrite the Driodsansfallbacj.ttf at system/fonts but still cannot show chinese charater. Its there any other step required. Great thanks

simply give it a reboot

Guest andylau

about the camera, just now i press the camera button, it vibrated and then the camera opened

then i close it and press the camera button again, the phone freeze

Guest marerock

stuck at checking fat 32 partrition number.

im trying to instal without sd card and create fat32 ext4 and linux swap with partrition wizard in windows.

please help

Guest marios32

Ok this is crazy.

If i start windows haret with headphones plugged in it recognizes them in android but if pull them out, it stays on as if they were still plugged

and if i start haret without headphones plugged in then android refuses to recognize them

anyone having this problem ? Its driving me crazy <_<

I want to leave reinstalling as a last resort..

Guest Danielsy

Ok this is crazy.

If i start windows haret with headphones plugged in it recognizes them in android but if pull them out, it stays on as if they were still plugged

and if i start haret without headphones plugged in then android refuses to recognize them

Same here.

EDIT: When I did 1st reboot after update, it hangs. Situation became same as yours after 2nd reboot. Then I found the services.jar was not updated. Mannually overwirte it in my Unbuntu and now CM recognize it.

However, CM refuse to recognize it when I pull out and plug in earphone during music palying. Work OK if stop music first.

Edited by Danielsy

Guest haymant

I suspect cm6b1's power management is problematic.

Sometimes, it drop 1+%/hour (v2 yesterday), and sometimes, drop 5%/hour (v3 today, not sure whether related to v3-v2)

all in the same status (wifi/data off, advanced task killer killed all apps)

and the battery level seems not correct, especially during charging.

After unplug, it can drop 70% to 60% in minutes

anything I can do to locate the issue?

Guest haze028

I'm having only one issue with the new release that i notice from day to day use, my time freezes. When i boot the time is correct at that moment, when i wake the phone up later the time is still frozen that that point. When i rotate my homescreen the clock in the status bar will update to the correct time, but will not update again untill i rotate the screen. My clock widget will generally never update the time from the point of booting up. The lockscreen time will randomly freeze also, at times leaving me with three different times showing (lockscreen, widget, status bar) I have reinstalled twice all with same effect.

If anyone else has come across this, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest Nelson Neoh

ure such an early bird

A prev post mentioned instead of doing it at "keyboard" setting,in any text field,press and hold,and change the input method

Probably an issue with this cg6 b1?

I did read your post and tried with the way you mentioned.

After I see the <Input Options> screen, click on "Select Input Method". The screen goes off and nothing happened...

I am wondering should I try to over-write the android IME with the one in Froyo Beta3?

When I clicked on the Select Input Method, following warning appear in Logcat:

12:28:35.899 Warning InputManagerService 2018  Ignoring showInputMethodDialogFromClient of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@465adaa0

12:28:36.011 Warning InputManagerService 2018  Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@4657d070

Edited by Nelson Neoh

I did read your post and tried with the way you mentioned.

After I see the <Input Options> screen, click on "Select Input Method". The screen goes off and nothing happened...

I am wondering should I try to over-write the android IME with the one in Froyo Beta3?

...skip...

I don't have such an issue so can't suggest what might do good to your machine

maybe overwriting is an option? probably you can share with us afterward

there could be some minor flaw with the USB

in B3, upon connection, the most issue is u missed the detection

but in CG6B1, 1~2/10 it'll cause crash/halt and need reboot

Guest voyteckst

Yes I think it needs some kernel changes. I tested the apk out with its libaudioflinger.so file

Backed up the old file and replaced it and then installed dsp manager. The app doesn't force close and such.

I now tried rebooting and now it won't boot. So I assume it must be the libaudioflinger.so file making it not boot or it has to do because the kernel doesn't support it.

Rather libaudioflinger do not fit generally CM, not the kernel.

Good evening friends.

This beta is fine, but I have several problems.

- On power up I get 1 hour less, I have to change settings.

- The battery charge never exceeds 97%.

- The battery consumption at rest is exaggerated. Yesterday I went to work with 80% of the battery, the 4 hours I had 1% and had to carry.

- The wifi is normally active, but sometimes does not work and I have to give 2 or 3 times to activate.

- Applications are not updated, after 2 days I still have the old version of Android Market and all other applications.

- When making a call, takes to give a signal, the receiver has already received 2 tones.

Sorry for my English. (Google translate) Thank you very much!

...cut....

I'm repeating onec more: time is ok. If not, there is a problem probably with Your carrier.

Batterry consumption isn't bad, but could be less - in the future (we know probably what to do).

I would rather suggest to stay with version 2 of Market. Version 3 caused crashes, that's why it was reverted (we could include it in the package).

For me personally making calls is fine.

BTW. Is there anywhere on first page stated, that FMRadio works? ;-)

Edited by voyteckst

Batterry consumption isn't bad, but could be less - in the future (we know probably what to do).

Please do it! :P imo battery consumpion is the last gap betwen beta and release . Wid data on is too hig imo. to be fully funcional you shuld have more or les 30% battery left on evening with normal usage (data on, few calls)

Guest Abhiraj4

k for internal sd i have partitnd the my storage bt pro is .....i dnt know what change is to b made in startup.txt ...so help....?

if any 1 could share ther startup.txt it wld b relly nice :(

experience sharing:

for me, the USB is not detected is caused by the improper shut down of the PC suite (their bug), which locked up the USB port until windows logout (or shut down by taskman)

k for internal sd i have partitnd the my storage bt pro is .....i dnt know what change is to b made in startup.txt ...so help....?

if any 1 could share ther startup.txt it wld b relly nice :(

see pg1

Guest Abhiraj4

see pg1

thanx man.. but my prob is i cant get anything ..ie im not able to understand what to replace with what and stuff.... i hope for ur help ....u all are experienced but im new so i need help..pls :(

Guest voyteckst

Please do it! :P imo battery consumpion is the last gap betwen beta and release . Wid data on is too hig imo. to be fully funcional you shuld have more or les 30% battery left on evening with normal usage (data on, few calls)

Oh really? Wow, thanks!

Job21 - please create an update file with chinese fonts and send me. I will put it in the faq (altough I'm concerned that NO ONE reads it...)

Edited by voyteckst

Added as point seven into the FAQ.

hi voyteckst, I wonder a new thread should be started every time a new beta released

at least, a reason less for ppl not to search

of course you can

one screenshots here

post-700111-0-10538900-1322726538_thumb.

sorry andy, but can it also shows trad. chinese? (sorry for hi-jacking, voyteckst) Edited by Job21

Guest Abhiraj4

hey pleas help me ........ cant any one share their working startup.txt

for internal sd

if not pls give me clear instructions how to do it...... i read pg1 but im gettin jumbled up ....cant understand what to do where

PLS SHARE STARTUP>TXT FOR INTERNAL STORAGE

Guest andylau

hi voyteckst, I wonder a new thread should be started every time a new beta released

at least, a reason less for ppl not to search

sorry andy, but can it also shows trad. chinese? (sorry for hi-jacking, voyteckst)

yes, screenshots here :D

ps: i agree with you that a new thread should be started every time a new beta released

post-700111-0-76891300-1322728264_thumb.

post-700111-0-45036900-1322728335_thumb.