[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

I'm not understood where is my error...

I've extract the content of ext4.tar.gz with ubuntu terminal in my ext4 partition in my storage ( mmcblk1p2 ), set that partition in startup.txt but for me the pink screen is continue....and my android cant start...

i've tried to put the zImage file that show me a debug startup of haret and i can only seen an ANDROID written in the center of my screen with a cursor that blinking...but whit the correct zImage the pink screen rest...

If someone have my same problem with first startup please post it for resolve....

Thanks for your work Devs !

if you use mmcblk1p2 partition that means you destroyed your winmo MyStorage

because the default partitions look like

mmcblk1p5 = MyStorage

mmcblk1p6 = 512MB hidden partition

when you want to use MyStorage for android you must reduce the mmcblk1p5 partition size by the size of new ext4 size,

then create a new partition on the free space, this will be mmcblk1p7, and format it to ext4

There are some people who overwrites (formats) the mmcblk1p6 to ext4 (I do not suggest this)

I suggest everybody to use SD instead of MyStorage and you wont destroy your MyStorage

mmcblk1p5 = MyStorage

when you want to use MyStorage for android you must reduce the mmcblk1p5 partition size by the size of new ext4 size,

then create a new partition on the free space, this will be mmcblk1p7, and format it to ext4

There are some people who overwrites (formats) the mmcblk1p6 to ext4 (I do not suggest this)

I suggest everybody to use SD instead of MyStorage and you wont destroy your MyStorage

Numbers 5,6,7... Appear when using extended partitions instead of logical, but with the previous version of android it was no problem with this.

Anyway i dont think this is the source of the problem, i saw how the haret recognize my partition and still doesnt work

Guest problematika

I installed beta2 last night, on my storage. WiFi works as a charm, it seems a little faster, have 60 MB free RAM (which is better than beta1), in 8 hours my battery dropped from 18% to 10% in standby, device is not so hot on maximum usage, and SOD...what is a SOD?! ;) GREAT JOB DEVELOPERS!!! Thank you!

Numbers 5,6,7... Appear when using extended partitions instead of logical, but with the previous version of android it was no problem with this.

Anyway i dont think this is the source of the problem, i saw how the haret recognize my partition and still doesnt work

Ok Guy

I m the DEVELOPER if You know better there's nothing more to say

Sandor

mmcblk1p5 = MyStorage

Hi have just partitioning my storage disk in two partition for the first beta, and for me it works fine. I've resize My Storage Disk used in WinMo with succes from 2gb to 1gb. The remaining free space i've using for my andoroid partition.

So i've my storage WinMo partition (1gb) and Android ext4 partition (1gb) in the same disk.

Following the readme.txt file of the new beta the partition of the My Storage installation have mmcblk1 name and p1 or p2 or p3 or pxxxx refering to the ext4 partition that the user have created. The WinMO partition of My Storage disk is mmcblk1p1 and i never put in the line of startup this root dev, i know that in this case android never start......i put mmcblk1p2 but nothing....

About this i cant understood where is my error...

Guest alabama20

Problem isn't in router, router usualy is set to DHCP, is right.

Problem is in Froyo, start wifi, choose setting wifi, press cubic button and choose advanced setting. Now set to static and insert values for net ( in my post over). good luck

Big THX for the hint, it's working :)

Ok Guy

I m the DEVELOPER if You know better there's nothing more to say

Sandor

Sorry i dont want to effense you, you know more than me, that is out of discussion. I just wanted to point what i see on my observations. I just made the installation on a sd card and i receive the same problem. Stuck on pink screen. I think something else is making my installation to fail ( probably my fault) and the partition being extended or not should not be a problem(i also tried both to check with identical results)

Guest voyteckst

To ALL: Why do You think it works for some of You and for some not? I think You should better understand linux, partitioning etc.

Anyway: first post is updated. Theoretically old froyo installer can work (for SD), but do not ask questions about that (read first post). If we get rid of problems in new installer it will be posted.

Sorry i dont want to effense you, you know more than me, that is out of discussion. I just wanted to point what i see on my observations. I just made the installation on a sd card and i receive the same problem. Stuck on pink screen. I think something else is making my installation to fail ( probably my fault) and the partition being extended or not should not be a problem(i also tried both to check with identical results)

You know I do not like to see posts which refers to mmcblk1pX

X less then 5, because misleads others, who do not want to destroy their WINMO data.

That's why I prefer SD installation it is as fast as mystorage

Im using sd too.

Edited by bsbsbs

X less then 5, because misleads others, who do not want to destroy their WINMO data.

Im using sd too.

Ok i'll try sd install again. Does it matter if partitions on sd are made logical or extended?

Hello all, firs of all, thank you for the devs. They are doing a really good job.

yesterday i installed succesfully this beta, for me, all works. But after battery dead i try to reboot in android with haret and i get the pink screen. I want to see the kernel output via serial console.

I plug the usb wire and run haret, on windows two new serial ports are detected. I connect hypertem at 115200 but nothing appear. How can do this?

Thank you.

Guest shoarmabakpao

@Everyone

Am I the only one having problems with GPS on this newly published android? (Since voyteckst said he had fix in under 30sec)

I am still waiting for a fix and I have waited for almost 1 hour.

I also have a problem with my network signal. It's most of the time off-line

Anyone?

MR voyteckst pls check your last attached zimage killed my froyo i lost my all installtion :(:(

the process android.process.acore has stopped unrxpectedly.try again

Edited by ASIDER

Hello all, firs of all, thank you for the devs. They are doing a really good job.

yesterday i installed succesfully this beta, for me, all works. But after battery dead i try to reboot in android with haret and i get the pink screen. I want to see the kernel output via serial console.

I plug the usb wire and run haret, on windows two new serial ports are detected. I connect hypertem at 115200 but nothing appear. How can do this?

Thank you.

Ok my android works again. Since the first beta i have this problem: I install android in an SD card of 2GB. But when current fails or SOD occurs the ext4 partition file system became corrupt and fsck can not repare the file system and i have to reinstall again android. Anybody know how can minimize this problem?.

Thank you

post-745584-0-20355500-1316346786_thumb.

one question: It is possible to boot this version of android with the alternative Kernel you gave us to find the problem?

If I use this one I get a continous loop of killing ril, daemon, media,dbus, zygote process andtheir childrens, and never goes further. With the new kernel I only see the pink screen.

Guest vakaloka

I have same problem too. I try 2 SD card, but dont read.... :(

If you installed froyo in the SD, try partitioning the SD this way: The very first partition would be the media one(photos, videos, etc) in fat32,and the second one the ext4 partition

If you installed froyo in the internal memory, just check that your sd card has only one fat-32 partition.

I can't assure you that this will work.

Edited by vakaloka

Guest alabama20

Im using sd too.

I think if somebody has some minimum skills in Linux and partitioning the my storage installation is very easy. But that's my oppinion. Ez van :D