[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest jingang

of course you can.. read several post behind.. the answer is there..

or I can say, download terminal emulator from the market, and run

CM 6 is come with bash Shell.. I'm using this way to solve App2SD problem..

hope it work for you.. good luck

thanks man ,i downloaded terminal emulator,but it is white screen..and i wonot use it any more,

thanks man for your kind answer...

Guest Abhiraj4

i canot run terminal on my phone...what is your meaning by sick? not polite ??and i didn't ask anything from you?sick...

no man im not insulting u...... i just need the headphone+ incall update...... but no culd upload a single 10 mb file hence i gt frustated.....

pls if u culd upload it.....

in terminal emulator, type

cd /
and press enter, then type
su
and press enter, then type
ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos

and press enter

THX now OK

Guest AoSra1n

I have a suggestion to make if im not overstepping my mark.

Since gingerbread is laggy and not in the foreseeable future. I wanted to get the gingerbread screen off animation in this CM6 froyo build (As current screen off dimming is laggy for me). As luck would have it, there is a thread on gingerbread CRT animation for CM6 devices. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1073930

It requires those files that he has modded to replace the source CM6 files before compiling. I have very little dev experience, so i was wondering if someone could do this and see if it works on our device.

Who else thinks it would be cool?

Edited by AoSra1n

Thanks to Devs!!!

Looking for:

1) Official android email app.

2) Sim Toolkit in order to use the phone with a dual sim card (selecting the sim card through Sim toolkit menu).

They both were at beta3. Any suggestions about where to find and the right procedure to flash them?

after the app2sd, my trigger-happy finger got the camera short cut and suddenly... camera runs

waiting for another FC for testing (I miss the camera so much that don't want to risk losing it after an unnecessary manual reset)

too many click on hardware button (both buttons on phone or bluetooth button, the latter was a result when I try to recover the call-of-death after a BT call ) would lead to an android reboot (not booting back to WM)

maybe there could be something dealing with the over-flow?

Guest Gardakkan

It is written by the DEVs in the ''read me'' file in the cmbeta1.zip at the notes. Is the 3rd note for the manual install or the 2nd note at the VOYTECKST's post in the 1st page.

Notes: (from ''read me'' file by DEVs and VOYTECKST)

1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

2. If You remove external SD card and installed on Internal Storage, it may not boot (change in startup.txt and /system/etc/fstab required).

3. There is important change in startup.txt kernel parameters. There must be added following parameter (for manual install only) to kernel parameters line: vmalloc=256M

4. Updates names are: cm_o2_update.tar.gz and cm_o2_update.sh

After the auto install finished, it was allready in the command line in startup.txt in the root of my storage but android wasn't able to boot. I know that the note was only for manual installation

but I was stuck and I gave it a try. I re-wrote this code and adroid loaded in a little time but i never saw the pink screen.

When you say you rewrote the code you mean you deleted the file and made a new one using vi ou notepad or something? could you be more precise because I did try many things and doesn't work at all I still see 124mb ram and not 256mb.

thanks

Guest omnian_v

Well I just did it installing 2011-11-28: CyanogenMod beta 1

I suggest using this following procedure to install on INTERNAL MEMORY (MY STORAGE IN WIN MO)

1. USE THIS GUIDE IN GENERAL

2.Use DISK Utility of Ubuntu to IDENTIFY your device ID (mine was sdc2 for the ext4 partition)

3. In extracting files (step 2 of the guide) you should use THE WHOLE PATH like that:

sudo tar zxvf /home/user/desktop/cm_beta1/ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system (it is an example DEPENDS ON WHRE YOU HAVE SAVED ext4.tar.gz file)

4. You can manually copy the needed files (as described in step 2) in SD CARD (to

avoid too much terminal use and paths...)

5. IN STEP 3 you can use the gedit editor which is much easier than vi like that

sudo gedit /media/system/system/etc/vold.fstab

6.DO the same for the init.rc like that sudo gedit /media/system/init.rc

7.The startup file needs to be copied from the forum and you can edit that without the terminal just with gedit.

I give an exact working version here (just copy it correctly)

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

AFTER THAT IT WILL INSTALL AND WORK AND WILL NOT GET STUCK AT BOOTING.

Guest Kanwar Raj Singh

i am unable to download apps from market as it downloads and not install and redownloads the smae app..!!! what to do..!!! stuck .. angry birds not installing and all and facebook app too.. and others too..!!! what could be the problem ..

Guest Abhiraj4

i am unable to download apps from market as it downloads and not install and redownloads the smae app..!!! what to do..!!! stuck .. angry birds not installing and all and facebook app too.. and others too..!!! what could be the problem ..

same here ....

but i need to keep awake the cell by tapping the screen repetedly..........and one more thing my market didnt update automatically i downloaded apk and then installed .......

theres something fishy.......DOES ANYONE GET THE SAME PROB?????

Guest Abhiraj4

a new prob..... i just kept my omnia 2 on standby after 2 hours of soccer when i returned i saw..my cell was also heated up with around 21% barrety left from 78% and there were no programs running in it 2 except messaging (i dnt think it will drain out my battery).....What has caused this???

Guest voyteckst

no man im not insulting u...... i just need the headphone+ incall update...... but no culd upload a single 10 mb file hence i gt frustated.....

pls if u culd upload it.....

Have You read first post? We're asking for no re-uploads.

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

android.jpg

Using the CyanogenMod beta since release, all features updates work as said.. Congrats once again DEVs !

btw.. this thread needs some cleaning and some lazy members need to be warned for unnecessary comments and requests..

Thanks once again!

EDIT: To all those who r breaking their heads with mystorage installation and partitions --- Y DONT U BUY A CHEAP SDCARD ??????? The automatic sd installer works like a charm.. A decent 2 gb card will also do!! I'm using a 2gb kingston and it works smoothly ! Try it...

Edited by ASMARTTECHIE

Apps2sd works and GPS rocks , so now it a pleasure to use SYGIC app(first time takes a lot but second time in about 2 min is up)

Sensors works great too.

Thank you very much.

post-804980-0-71803300-1322853177_thumb.

Guest Abhiraj4

Have You read first post? We're asking for no re-uploads.

ya i knew that but d o2droid site was down so i had no other way than to ask some 1 else to upload....

Guest inf3rn0

hey why does the time in notificatn bar come in black .... its problematic///

thats why its described how to change it in the readme. selfsufficiant name too, readme :rolleyes:

Finaly I can see My Storage(internal 16 GB)

The only one change that I have done is in ext4.tar.gz , under ubuntu, in init.rc

changed from :

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

to:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage

to me is because I deleted my internal hidden partition.

Than don't forgot to change and update the change.

Guest Blue Ember

change it in settings>>spicagenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar>>Clock color

Guest voyteckst

Sorry for these words, but You are lazy. You even didn't clicked much in settings, and especially SpicagenMod settings...

Guest Abhiraj4

Sorry for these words, but You are lazy. You even didn't clicked much in settings, and especially SpicagenMod settings...

sorry but it was due to lack of knowledge