[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Another start of a day, seems a relief on the battery drain, 10% for 9 hrs

I'm wondering maybe something wrong with the network setting (set to 3G?) done by myself the night before

P.S. DON'T edit the build.prop on sleep_mode / proximity.delay (as worked in B3)

as CG6 already has the optimized setting for best performance

Edited by Job21

Guest Gardakkan

dunno if im the onlyone. but i cant charge my phone when android is running?? i have this problem after the patch mad.gif

and is there a solution for it?

(ye i know one.. just shutdown your phone... but thats too much work)

yeah same here it wont charge at all after 5-10 minutes plugged in (usb and power cord)

Guest ghost168

I install the android system to "my storage".

How can I update the chinese fonts? if only need copy the "cm_o2_update.tar.gz" to My Storage, then run haret.exe from My Storage?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Speedfrog
Dont quote first post

Guest ralph760

I've got the same problem, but when the USB finally works it doesn't charge anymore from USB or power cord. I need to reboot the phone all the time to make it work, sometime I have to reboot 5 times before either the USB or power cord makes it go into charging mode.

The same thing happen to me last time. Then I notice that, in WinMo: we need to set to 'Device Sync' (MainMnanu>Setting>General Setting>USB connection) instead of 'Mass Storage' to make the usb connection work in android phone. Please correct me if wrong.

The same thing happen to me last time. Then I notice that, in WinMo: we need to set to 'Device Sync' (MainMnanu>Setting>General Setting>USB connection) instead of 'Mass Storage' to make the usb connection work in android phone. Please correct me if wrong.

not necessary in my case,mtp of either sd or storage also work.

Key is if u got latest usb driver of samdroid in pc.Google it

Guest jingang

how to delete the background pic (in the ext4.gz or somewhere??),it is too ugly。。。who can tell where it is?mad.gif

Edited by jingang

Guest cxz111222

Think this has to do with gpio's. With the kernel evolving, we had to adjust more and more gpio-mappings for B7610 to make it work. B7610 has almost identical hardware, but some parts are mounted different so other pins are used.

So if you find correct gpio-mappings, kernel might work for your phones. As the devs are developing for I8000, I think you will have to spend some time finding them.

We did for B7610, it was quite a job but we (at least I am) are very satisfied with the result.

References here and here

Do you know the e-mail of the the devs' ? I do not know how to find correct gpio-mappings,so can you help me ?

Guest Abhiraj4

hey can anyone explain me this......

my storage isnt there under /storage..... i did change the init.rc as in manuall install in gardakkan's post

my vold.fstab has

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

whats wrong ..... and where is my external sd in file explorer?? :?

PLS REPLY PPL I GOT ANDROID PORTED WITH TROUBLE......... I DONT WANT SILLY THINGS TO MAKE MY TROUBLE GO WASTE... :(

EDIT__SOLVED :)

Edited by Abhiraj4

Guest WajdiPathwalker

apply cm_update_wm.sh script, see readme.txt with installer. #1 under notes

i've changed it to cm_o2_update.sh but it doensn't detect it what to do??

Guest Abhiraj4

i deleted the hidden partition of mystorage (internal memory) how to get back samsung factory setting

just format it by mini tools to logical FAT32 drive .. :) you are done.....

Guest marios32

@ voyteckst

i am still having the headphone problem. Am i doing something wrong with the update ? I am just unzipping in the root of my storage and start haret.exe.

How can i check if the file that needs to be updated, is updated? How can i check if the update is successful ?

i have tried deleting rebuilding mbr and formatting on both my storage and sdcard more than 5 times with mini tool doing a fresh install but the patch isn't working.

I have tried anything i could think of.. logcat is giving me the same message by the way.

As i said in previous posts, the only way for android to see headphones is to have them plugged in, get them recognized by windows mobile(click ok on headphones) and then without plugging them out, to start haret.exe.

But now the problem is that even if i plug the headphones in or out it has no effect on the device. ANY sound will go to headphones plugged in or not. I would leave it like that but then i couldn't hear calls because headset icon is always active and sound only comes out via headphones.

Please help! :wacko: :(

@Zuhaltern

For gods sake USE a SPOILER!

Edited by marios32

Guest Zuhaltern

a simple way to install on my storage fom con-modaco.pl

http://anonym.to/?ht...3_froyo_tbi.rar

TUTURIAL install Android on beta3 OMNIA2 My Memories.

NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE INSTALLATION. DOING EVERYTHING FOR YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

You will need:

First OMNIA 2 8GB

Second Beta3_froyo_tbi.rar Pack (166MB)

Third Well, USB kabelek Smile

Installation of full time about 10 min.

Froyo OMNIA2 partition is ready for installation on my memory.

There is no need to configure. All necessary changes are included it in this version.

No need to have Linux to install, everything we do under Windows. Installation tested - it works.

STEP 1 Partitioning.

a. Set the mode O2 USB storage 'MY MEMORY'.

b. Connect the O2 to the computer via USB

c. Run the Wizard of MiniTool Partion location utils-> programs-> partionwizard.cmd. Powinineś see all your drives including partitions My Memories.

c1. If you see a FAT32 partition. Select the partition and select options from the toolbar at the top "Move / Resize". Enter the value of the partition of 6688, and OK. Then apply the changes Aplly. (Optional as you do not have a hidden partition).

c2. If you see two partitions, including the second is the size of 512MB.

- Copy the entire contents of my memory to the hard disk (for security)

- Delete all partitions by selecting the partition, and DELETE.

- The register space CREATE a new partition. Select Create As 'PRIMARY' (this is important!). File System "FAT32". Partion Size of finger type 6688 and click OK. APPLY Apply conversion.

- Check the resulting partition and select Format. Select File System "FAT32" and OK. At the end of APPLY. THIS PARTITION WILL BE SHOWN AS MY PHONE The MEMORY smaller capacity. AT THE END OF FILES BACK lose to the HARD DISK PARTITIONS AT TA.

d. Select the free space and select CREATE. Create As 'PRIMARY' (this is important!). File System "EXT4". Partion Size of finger type 1024 (exactly 1GB). And OK. Mark created the partition and select Format in which to select EXT4 File System. Then OK. At the end let APPLY (ie, apply the changes). Partition will be created and already formatted EXT4.

e. Check the rest of free space, and again select CREATE. Select Create As 'PRIMARY' (Important!!) And File System (Linux Swap). Confirm OK. Like the point. created above, select the partition and select Format. Again, select File System (Linux Swap). At the end let APPLY. Will be created and formatted the partition SWAP.

You can close Partion Wizard and restart the phone.

Step.2

Installing Android. Reconnect the phone via USB to a PC.

a. Run Image for Windows from the location utils-> programs-> ImageForWindows.cmd. It is a trail version, wait 20sekund and the program will start.

b. Select Options Restore (Normal) and the next.

c. Select the disk where the image partition and next.

d. Find the file ext4_clear_tbi.TBI Select it, and next

e. Select the partition to restore. It should be 1020MB LinuxNative (03) and next

f. The partition table find the early founded partition of 1028MB LinuxNative (02). Select it and the next

g. Give that YES you agree that the overriding partition.

h. do not change anything just next

g. START. Mirror partition clean beta3 is used on the My Memories.

i. READY. You can disable the program.

Three files zImage, haret.exe, startup.txt lose to the root of my memory.

Running through haret.exe from your phone.

Good luck. Smile

I followed every step and when i tap haret.exe my phone starts to load up then goes to the boot screen and freezes after about 10 seconds anybody know what could be wrong and I tried installing it 3 times and the same thing happens any help would be appreciated.

Guest synescu

@ voyteckst

i am still having the headphone problem. Am i doing something wrong with the update ? I am just unzipping in the root of my storage and start haret.exe.

How can i check if the file that needs to be updated, is updated? How can i check if the update is successful ?

i have tried deleting rebuilding mbr and formatting on both my storage and sdcard more than 5 times with mini tool doing a fresh install but the patch isn't working.

I have tried anything i could think of.. logcat is giving me the same message by the way.

As i said in previous posts, the only way for android to see headphones is to have them plugged in, get them recognized by windows mobile(click ok on headphones) and then without plugging them out, to start haret.exe.

But now the problem is that even if i plug the headphones in or out it has no effect on the device. ANY sound will go to headphones plugged in or not. I would leave it like that but then i couldn't hear calls because headset icon is always active and sound only comes out via headphones.

Please help! :wacko: :(

try to replace the file manually in Ubuntu In terminal type "sudo nautilus" and navigate to the folder that opens the partition where you installed Android: system /framework and remove sevice.jar replacing that with provided in the cm_o2update.tar if you already have tried and it did not work sorry

Guest marios32

try to replace the file manually in Ubuntu In terminal type "sudo nautilus" and navigate to the folder that opens the partition where you installed Android: system /framework and remove sevice.jar replacing that with provided in the cm_o2update.tar if you already have tried and it did not work sorry

installing ubuntu so i can try to do it manually.

Could you be a little more specific please ?

If i am root on nautilus, i can see the ext4 partition and everything ?

Should the phone be on sdcard mass storage in windows then ?

Thanks for the help :)

As it turns out the file was not updated.

I updated manually with the updated one and it works like a charm :D

Thanks synescu for the advice :) i love my omnia :wub:

Edited by marios32

Guest s jithu

i apologize for my silly question

i have take back up of my rom (rom_dump.bin)

how to flash it with octans i deleted my hidden stoarage

and which part to flash to get samsung setting for mystorage

Guest antonio junior

how do i manually install updates???

i want to apply beta 3 update 1 .....

normally do as you installed the android, give the command in the terminal and sudo tar zxvf filename -C ..... ready is updated, because if you check the date and place the size of the file will see that has changed.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest Abhiraj4

I Just installed keylayout to use original key Functions which was There earlier in this post.....

but the prob is we have to unlock device by Pressing end button and then lock button

Can anyone tell me the change to be made in keylayout for using only one key to unlock...

rest all works cham... :)

Guest Ammarlo Yepez

Anyone know .... how it will work in the main camera driver?? someone is working the camera will smoothly??

or is causing problems for its implementation .... I want to know if my phone, or the drivers of the Cyanogen

AT THIS TIME I HAVE INSTALLED the Cyanogen internal memory, but games like ANGRY AND BUNNY SHOTTER BIRS.

ERROR keep getting graphic, with so-called white box.

LANDSCAPE .. not displayed, IF NOT IN SECTORS white squares? 'WHAT ABOUT IT?? ..

Of the remainder, simple games and PLUZZE AS

A playable chess PERFECTION ..

STRONG BUT .. They continue ERRROES GRAPHICS AND SOME SLOW .. Just me .???.

AH AND TRIED SOMEONE ELSE ..? SOMEONE ELSE THAT HAPPENS? 'Q GOT NO SOLUTION OR EXPECT NEW UPDATE.??

Anyone know how to solve the detection problem with the usb port ...

when in Android mode

Edited by Ammarlo Yepez

hi guys,,......

thanks dev for the effort on porting android. ive been using cm for last couple of days and everything is going great. the only problem is the battery drain fast, charging is not 100% and screen calibration.

anyone got any solution about calibrating the screen? ive tried calibration tools but nothing work.

thanks