[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest s jithu

i switch to rotary lock know im unable to unlock silence mode working but when i unlock

it rotating only or else i have to fresh install only

Now only 2 things can do on the screen:

1. Mute / unMute sound.

2. rotate the rotary...

Guest voyteckst

i switch to rotary lock know im unable to unlock silence mode working but when i unlock

it rotating only or else i have to fresh install only

Now only 2 things can do on the screen:

1. Mute / unMute sound.

2. rotate the rotary...

Just checked and it works fine.

Guest katokato

Hi, as in the beta3 in this CyanogenMod the camera work only the first time... :(

Because across the b1 b2 b3 Cm i've found the same problem and the camera work well for other people I suspect is an hw compatibility problem or firmware release.

(http://www.pspmyspac...a-firmware.html )

*#2470#

Phone/CAM FW Ver Check:

ISP FW[ 71,03] PRA[71,1A] AF[NONE]

BIN FW[ 71,03] PRA[71,1A] AF[NONE]

Phone FW Ver Check

[OPCF18]

Description:

1) After a complete installation the camera start normally and I can take a picture

2) I close the camera app and then I open it again. After few seconds of black screen an error apperar and the app dont start.

(the appication camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. as in the post http://windows.modac...750204-sam7128/)

3)I restart the Os but the camera don't start anymore.

3)I go in app management (setup), i do "clear app data" then I restart the Os.

4)Now the camera start only 1 time as at the first point.

I've made a camera parameters reset too, without better results.

I've installed other camera apps with same results. Then i't seem is a low level problem.

For me the camera usage is mandatory and now is the only reason because I'm still on wm6

Edited by katokato

Guest s jithu

Just checked and it works fine.

i tryed serval times but dosent unlock it

pls tell what can i do

when i hold andriod logo and slide at end its get vibrate and goes forward but dosent unlock the device

what i did was setting , spicagenmod setting, lockscreen , styleoptions , lockscreen mode - rotary

and did nothing for other option

Edited by s jithu

Guest voyteckst

i tryed serval times but dosent unlock it

pls tell what can i do

when i hold andriod logo and slide at end its get vibrate and goes forward but dosent unlock the device

what i did was setting , spicagenmod setting, lockscreen , styleoptions , lockscreen mode - rotary

and did nothing for other option

Don't know. For me just works whenever I set it up. But there is no android logo but a padlock. Generally settings are in xml file somewhere ind /data/data, so search for it and change.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Aimiliano

Hello :)

I will describe my experience from installing the new CM 6 beta1 for Omnia 2 I8000.. and my problems also.

i am experienced with linux but not with android (yet im learning :) so excuse and correct me whenever im wrong.)

Firstly the automatic installer (for external sd) doesn't work for me (stucks in black screen) i didn't try the automatic install for the internal storage.

So i made the install manually on external sd.

i have an external kingston 4g 4 class. i changed the setting from WM so as to mount the external sd when connecting to the pc.

i used gparted from ubuntu.

i made the partition table as follows:

1.fat32 1.5 g

2. ext4 1.8g

3.swap 250 mb

i didn't change the original conf files from the ext4.tar.gz

i mounted the ext4 partition at a folder on my pc and then i extracted the ext4.tar.gz with:

tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /my_mounted_ext4_partition

the conf files were as follows:

/init.rc -> mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage ->this mounts the storage which in this case is mmcblk1p5 (the internal fat32 partition )

/system/etc/vold.fstab -> dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 1 /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0 -> this mounts the external sd to /mnt/sdcard the first partition (1).

There is also a /sdcard Link at the root which is a link for the /mnt/sdcard and exists for maintain the backwards compatibility of the apps that used to find the external sd card in /sdcard (from what i learned around).

Create system/etc/fstab by doing echo /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 swap swap defaults > fstab then

chmod 666 fstab

Last copy haret.exe zImage and startup.txt to internal storage (mystorage) and open haret.exe.

(i took the sample startup.txt from the first page of this post)

It all booted good and was able to boot into O2DROID screen and then proceed normally into android !

so far so good.

I WAS ABLE TO INSTALL FREE APPS EVEN THROUGH MARKET ANDROID..

then i noticed it was kind of slow cause of the performance of the external sd.

so i decided to put it into my internal storage..

so then i repeated the procedure with the following changes:

i formated the external card into one partition fat32.

IN THE MY STORAGE (INTERNAL FLASH -SD):

i deleted the hidden logical partition from the internal storage. (yet i made a backup of the internal files from there.)

i resized the 7.7g logical fat32 partition into 4g

i made a ext4 3.4g logical partition after that

and then a swap 266 mb swap

these were : (in my pc sdd)

sdd5-> 4g fat32

sdd6-> ext4 3.4g root android filesystem

sdd7->swap 266mb

then i copied ext.tar.gz into sdd6 and i configured the files again as follows:

/init.rc -> mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

/system/etc/vold.fstab -> dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 1 /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

/system/etc/fstab/ -> dev/block/mmcblk0p3 swap swap defaults

it opened with sd card mounted and all ok.

BUT it cant install any apps with android market..

it says error :sorry there's not enough space to install this item but i have my external sd mounted and all free space.

.i tried clearing the cache and data from manage applications i tried to delete the /data/calvik-cache/*Vending*.dex file

i installed another Android Market newer version but it says the same thing.

i installed the other Android Market by replacing the vending.apk on /system/apps offline and deleting the /data/calvik-cache/*Vending*.dex file.

I am able to install any apk file by just opening it by any file manager inside Android like root file manager but nothing is installing through Android Market

no matter what i do.

I even tried to Resize my external sd to a small partition 2048 mb fat32 but still nothing the same error.any other suggestions?

Question: Does it matter that i installed it on logical partition on the internal storage?

and if yes then can i delete completly the whole my storage and re make the appropriate paritions? or it will not be good for my device?

THanks in Advance :)

Guest Nelson Neoh

Don't know. For me just works whenever I set it up. But there is no android logo but a padlock. Generally settings are in xml file somewhere ind /data/data, so search for it and change.

What he did is disabled the "pull down to unlock" option and didn't set any unlock option after then.

I have jumped into this dilemma too passed few week. Only thing I can do then is to format and reinstall the whole thing.

Didn't find any solution over the days I jumped into this problem.

I will go check on the /data/data see if there is any setting relevant.

Guest Nelson Neoh

skip...

these were : (in my pc sdd)

sdd5-> 4g fat32

sdd6-> ext4 3.4g root android filesystem

sdd7->swap 266mb

then i copied ext.tar.gz into sdd6 and i configured the files again as follows:

skip...

The case might caused by 2GB bug/limitation of your root partition.

Try to resize your root to around 2GB, and it should then work well.

Share of my experience.

You can have any size of partition exclude root.

And, Swap size over 128MB is just a waste.

Edited by Nelson Neoh

Guest Aimiliano

OK!!! IT WORKED!!! YAAAHOOOO!!! NOW IT CAN INSTALL APPS!

I RESIZED THE EXT4 PARTITION TO 1 G!! YAHOO!!!

also i made a clean re- install to the internal my storage and i found out something else and i share it here.

if you partition your my storage space or your external sd card with logical partitions then the

vold manager cannot mount them

so i formated the internal partition to primary partitions fat32/ext4/swap and i was able to mount the internal fat32 as sdcard from vold.fstab.

i couldnt do this with the logical partitions!

But yet i run into one more prob..

i still cannot install some apps (like talking cat tom tom ) that says: Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card

maybe i have to resize my fat32 partition for the /mnt/sdcard also?

And another question: When i connect the usb to my pc it doesn't let me mount the external sd mount from the phone how do i enable this ?

Thanks you in advance great work devs!!

Guest carlospaco

OK!!! IT WORKED!!! YAAAHOOOO!!! NOW IT CAN INSTALL APPS!

I RESIZED THE EXT4 PARTITION TO 1 G!! YAHOO!!!

also i made a clean re- install to the internal my storage and i found out something else and i share it here.

if you partition your my storage space or your external sd card with logical partitions then the

vold manager cannot mount them

so i formated the internal partition to primary partitions fat32/ext4/swap and i was able to mount the internal fat32 as sdcard from vold.fstab.

i couldnt do this with the logical partitions!

But yet i run into one more prob..

i still cannot install some apps (like talking cat tom tom ) that says: Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card

maybe i have to resize my fat32 partition for the /mnt/sdcard also?

And another question: When i connect the usb to my pc it doesn't let me mount the external sd mount from the phone how do i enable this ?

Thanks you in advance great work devs!!

That problem i also have it. I can not install tom talking cat and some other apps. WHY IS THAT?

I have ask this a couple off times , and nobody can answer that.

Because there are som apps i really need .

For the rest it works great. I have install launcher 7, and i must say its a very fast and great launcher.

It doesn't take alot battery power, and i love it. It's like WP7.

And if you google you can find very nice icons for it.

Guest Aimiliano

That problem i also have it. I can not install tom talking cat and some other apps. WHY IS THAT?

I have ask this a couple off times , and nobody can answer that.

Because there are som apps i really need .

For the rest it works great. I have install launcher 7, and i must say its a very fast and great launcher.

It doesn't take alot battery power, and i love it. It's like WP7.

And if you google you can find very nice icons for it.

OK!!!!! I made it also!!!! Now i can install on SD card any APP including (tom tom talking cat) with APP2SD update which is actullaly a broken link!

solution is to apply the latest update from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php which is ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos (execute it as root in any terminal emulator) or just download the script from the latest update and apply in the file explorer on the phone :)

If you haven't applied that update, then if you go to samroid tools and you check the Apps2sd setting it reports a wrong size of the sd card and storage.|

then if you apply the update it will be correct.

enable app2sd and then tr to install some app that needs it like talking tom tom :)

all ok :)

the last problem i have is how to enable my storage or my sdcard partition to be accesed by my pc when i connect it.. if you have the solution please share :)

Guest carlospaco

OK!!!!! I made it also!!!! Now i can install on SD card any APP including (tom tom talking cat) with APP2SD update which is actullaly a broken link!

solution is to apply the latest update from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php which is ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos (execute it as root in any terminal emulator) or just download the script from the latest update and apply in the file explorer on the phone :)

If you haven't applied that update, then if you go to samroid tools and you check the Apps2sd setting it reports a wrong size of the sd card and storage.|

then if you apply the update it will be correct.

enable app2sd and then tr to install some app that needs it like talking tom tom :)

all ok :)

the last problem i have is how to enable my storage or my sdcard partition to be accesed by my pc when i connect it.. if you have the solution please share :)

i did update it and it doesn't work for me, i have put the update file on my storage and then just start haret.

I have android install on my sdcard.

How do you excecute it with the terminal ? I have install the terminal , but wat know. I am a noob in this.sad.gif Please Help

Guest Aimiliano

i did update it and it doesn't work for me, i have put the update file on my storage and then just start haret.

I have android install on my sdcard.

How do you excecute it with the terminal ? I have install the terminal , but wat know. I am a noob in this.sad.gif Please Help

you just execute the command in the terminal in your phone.

thats all

then go to samroid tools and enable apps2sd by going into settings enable and then just wait a few minutes until it says the real amount of free memory in the status screen

then you are ready to go :)

Guest carlospaco

thats all

then go to samroid tools and enable apps2sd by going into settings enable and then just wait a few minutes until it says the real amount of free memory in the status screen

i am doing that, but it says permission denied

Does it happen to anyone else that when you're connecting the mobile phone to the pc, the debug-connection doesn't work?

It gets charged, but you can't connect with adb

If you connect it while on standby, you can't wake up the phone (have to remove and reinsert batteries)

Sometimes debug works, but most of the time it doesn't

Anyone knows a workaround?

Latest version, internal installation

Thanks in advance

Guest s jithu

thats all

even i did and show the free memory in the status screen , but then too not able to install tom cat , glow hockey ..

the error appears couldnt install to usb storage or sd card

even i did and show the free memory in the status screen , but then too not able to install tom cat , glow hockey ..

the error appears couldnt install to usb storage or sd card

open terminal as root and type: ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos

Guest ray1234

1) not ever since B3, u can check the change log

2) the only possibility is u're having a class 4 card or below. also, there had been proved by someone else

Thanks for the reply! I tried it out of curiosity anyway.... I compared installation on class 10 Transcend MicroSD and the internal storage, it turns out that internal storage takes only 1min 40 secs to boot while the Transcend takes 2mins 10 secs. So in reality, it seems the internal storage is still faster... maybe there are some MicroSD compatability issues involved as well, any one able to get under 2 mins boot with MicroSD installation?

Actually the internal storage installation feels faster as well. It is strange for Angry Bird, Android on Omnia takes a really really long time to load, I haven't timed it, but it takes close to 1 min to load on internal storage. On MicroSD installation, it takes nearly 2 mins to load.

I also have another problem - I tried to install the cm_o2_update.tar.gz update to fix the headphone bug. I just placed the file in root of My Storage and boot Haret, but nothing happens. I unzip the file and found that it contains a Services.jar file. I then booted to Android and installed Root Explorer, and directly copy the Services.jar file to System/Framework directory. After that, I rebooted and can never go back to Android again - the screen is stuck at "Android on Omnia"... Loading ... can't I use root explorer to replace system files at all? how can I fix the Android boot now?

And btw, what is the correct way to install the cm_o2_update.tar.gz file?

Guest voyteckst

Thanks for the reply! I tried it out of curiosity anyway.... I compared installation on class 10 Transcend MicroSD and the internal storage, it turns out that internal storage takes only 1min 40 secs to boot while the Transcend takes 2mins 10 secs. So in reality, it seems the internal storage is still faster... maybe there are some MicroSD compatability issues involved as well, any one able to get under 2 mins boot with MicroSD installation?

Actually the internal storage installation feels faster as well. It is strange for Angry Bird, Android on Omnia takes a really really long time to load, I haven't timed it, but it takes close to 1 min to load on internal storage. On MicroSD installation, it takes nearly 2 mins to load.

I also have another problem - I tried to install the cm_o2_update.tar.gz update to fix the headphone bug. I just placed the file in root of My Storage and boot Haret, but nothing happens. I unzip the file and found that it contains a Services.jar file. I then booted to Android and installed Root Explorer, and directly copy the Services.jar file to System/Framework directory. After that, I rebooted and can never go back to Android again - the screen is stuck at "Android on Omnia"... Loading ... can't I use root explorer to replace system files at all? how can I fix the Android boot now?

And btw, what is the correct way to install the cm_o2_update.tar.gz file?

Sorry, but I have a Class 10 SD and it's a lot faster than internal storage. It probably depends from card.

Guest s jithu

open terminal as root and type: ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos

i tryed in phone (terminal) but it appears not found

even not able to move apps to sd

Edited by s jithu

Guest ray1234

Sorry, but I have a Class 10 SD and it's a lot faster than internal storage. It probably depends from card.

Probably, just out of curiosity, how long does it take you to boot into Android?