[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest marios32

I can confirm your problem vakaloka.

If screen is off, radio dies but if i hit the red phone button and lock screen goes up, radio starts again. If i close the screen again radio dies again.

Must be some kind of bug.

It's not a bug, it's a feature which allows to listen radio after locking screen. There is a turn-off button in the radio.

I mean when I listen the radio, the screen auto locked and the radio stoped. so how to still run the radio when the screen automatically locked?

Guest voyteckst

I mean when I listen the radio, the screen auto locked and the radio stoped. so how to still run the radio when the screen automatically locked?

You told something else... If adio is turning off it's probably a bug..

Guest lotuxete

**SOLVED**

Hi,

I've a problem with this new release that I've never experienced. The KERNEL doesn't detect my Internal Memory, so:

- If I try an automatic installation it detects correctly my Internal Memory (blk1p5) but it can't mount it. Error "Cant mount internal FLASH!!!!!!!! Rebooting in 10 sec....".

- If I try a manual instalation (make ext4 and swap on SD, extract ext4.tar.gz, edit startup.txt, etc.) it hangs up in boot logo (jump to kernel).

I have my "Internal Memory" as a Logical Drive, blk1p5 and it's working perfectly under WinMobile.

I've installed it HUNDRED of times, over SD, Internal, automatic, manual... etc. I'm experienced with linux, installations, partitions, programming... etc. but this time I'm lost.

EDIT: I've tried manual installation over Internal memory (as many times...) but I can't even get see the pink screen. After crc check and Jump to kernel message it hangs up.

I've tried also formating Internal as Primary partition (and change startup.txt, blk1p2 obviously) but with the same result. After jump to kernel it hangs up. I never can see even pink screen.

Any help? 

EDIT2: Finally automatic installation + Internal as Primary partition worked.

Edited by lotuxete

Guest voyteckst

**SOLVED**

Hi,

I've a problem with this new release that I've never experienced. The KERNEL doesn't detect my Internal Memory, so:

- If I try an automatic installation it detects correctly my Internal Memory (blk1p5) but it can't mount it. Error "Cant mount internal FLASH!!!!!!!! Rebooting in 10 sec....".

- If I try a manual instalation (make ext4 and swap on SD, extract ext4.tar.gz, edit startup.txt, etc.) it hangs up in boot logo (jump to kernel).

I have my "Internal Memory" as a Logical Drive, blk1p5 and it's working perfectly under WinMobile.

I've installed it HUNDRED of times, over SD, Internal, automatic, manual... etc. I'm experienced with linux, installations, partitions, programming... etc. but this time I'm lost.

EDIT: I've tried manual installation over Internal memory (as many times...) but I can't even get see the pink screen. After crc check and Jump to kernel message it hangs up.

I've tried also formating Internal as Primary partition (and change startup.txt, blk1p2 obviously) but with the same result. After jump to kernel it hangs up. I never can see even pink screen.

Any help?

There is no pink screen since CM beta 1 kernels. It has a logo.

Guest lotuxete

There is no pink screen since CM beta 1 kernels. It has a logo.

I know. I meant I couldn't see the second logo, it always freeze after "jump to kernel" message in very small leters.

It was a strange problem. Something has to be changed in this release because manual installation never failed to me.

Anyway now it's working... and it's working really fine :)

Thanks.

**SOLVED**

Hi,

Hi Lotuxete, can you share your exact partition types, sizes, and your startup.txt.

I'm asking you this because I'm stuck in the "Android on Omnia II Loading". I already tried different partition sizes, all primary, I used for system from 1 to 2.5 Gb. and for swap 128 and 256, Fat32 is allways the partition # 1 named sdcard, and varies it's size according to the "system" and swap partitions.

I tried the automatic and the manual installation, in the manual mode I was getting an error when I untar the ext4.tar ( ), so I switched to backtrack 5 and I don't see the error msg anymore, but I'm not sure if that is the last file in the tar.

Also with each configuration of partitions I experiment in the startup.txt with the parameter mmcblk1p2, change it from 0p0 to 0p7, 1p0 to 1p7, 2p0 to 2p7, of course passing from 0, 1, 2, 3 ... 7, and still no success.

I checked the CRC of the unziped files with the ones in the phone "My Storage", and are the same. I tried sendig the files via activesync mode and Mass storage mode, the only thing different that I notice is that the name of the haret file is in uppercase and IIRC, this file was in lowecase CMbeta1 and beta3.

At this moment I'll try again, but I'll take video of the installation to review the process.

TIA.

Guest shoarmabakpao

@dev's

Could you include if possible in the next (HDPI) build the option to save page for ofline browsing on the stock android browser? It is the same as Opera mini has and also Android 4.0 has it integrated into it's stock browser. If that is included then I also don't need any extra browser which uses more of my space and ram.

Guest lotuxete

Hi Lotuxete, can you share your exact partition types, sizes, and your startup.txt.

I'm asking you this because I'm stuck in the "Android on Omnia II Loading"...

Hi Zatan,

Finally I gave up with manual installation in beta2 and got it with the automatic installer over my class 10 SD Card.

- All steps are done under Ubuntu, using only Disk Utility and Gparted, and ALWAYS as ROOT. To be root under ubuntu open a terminal -> "sudo passwd" -> Logoff -> Logon as root with the password chosen before.

- Backup your Internal (copy and paste).

- Erase all partitions from Internal and create one primary of full size. Format as FAT32. It will be blk1p1.

- Unplug USB and in setting menu>Memory select the option "Recover My Memory" (I don't know exactly in English...), so as to WinMobile re-create again the filesystem properly (Pocketfs.sys).

- Copy and paste again your backupfiles to your Internal (except Pocketfs.sys, obiously).

- Extract ALL files from "cm_beta2.zip" to the root directory of the Internal

memory.

- Run "androidinstall.exe". It takes a long time... and at the end it even creates itself the properly starup.txt. Automatic installer is really nice :)

* SD Card must be "untouched". I mean... it's not necessary to create the partitions. The installer will.

I don't know the reason because manual install is not working for me, but... who cares? Now everything works like a charm :)

Salu2.

Edited by lotuxete

I have an other bug with the Radio (beside the lock screen bug)

If i'm using the radio and receive an SMS, the radio stops working, sound just stops. To make it work again I have to open the radio, turn it off and on, switch the station and then switch it back.

Anyone else with this bug?

Guest voyteckst

@dev's

Could you include if possible in the next (HDPI) build the option to save page for ofline browsing on the stock android browser? It is the same as Opera mini has and also Android 4.0 has it integrated into it's stock browser. If that is included then I also don't need any extra browser which uses more of my space and ram.

It's not in standard browser, so answer is no.

Guest viplung

1. The FMRadio bug was not only occurs in this andriod version but also in WM6.5!

2.Is andriod install in "class 10 SD Card" fast than in "My storage"? How fast? Since I using class 2 SD CardSD. Is it recommend buy one?

3. I found solely using "My storage" is stable than bother using "SD card" and "My storage" (i.e. sdcard). Less hung and feel faster!

And suggest?

Guest voyteckst

Hi guys.

Having such bug.

After one of reboots my WiFi can't find a WLAN. List of friendly WLANs is clear.

How to fix it?

Thanks.

Remove /data/data/wifi/bcm_supp.conf and reboot

1. The FMRadio bug was not only occurs in this andriod version but also in WM6.5!

2.Is andriod install in "class 10 SD Card" fast than in "My storage"? How fast? Since I using class 2 SD CardSD. Is it recommend buy one?

3. I found solely using "My storage" is stable than bother using "SD card" and "My storage" (i.e. sdcard). Less hung and feel faster!

And suggest?

1. ??

2. External SDcard is faster and stable as my storage (which in fact is also sdcard but internal). Class 10 (but good class 10) card is about 20-30% faster.

3. Not true.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest marciosironi

Beta2 installed yesterday. So far it seems to work well. I'm still familiarizing myself with the Android and therefore not tested all functions.

Claim of battery. The duration is very low! Decreases 1% every 3 minutes.

I noticed that the Wifi is using 27% of the battery, and that the "cell waiting" consumes 40%.

The temperature of the cell is high. around 40 º C

What can I do to increase battery life?

Sorry for English. I am Brazilian and not write well in English.

Edited by marciosironi

Guest nikkotsoi

Beta2 installed yesterday. So far it seems to work well. I'm still familiarizing myself with the Android and therefore not tested all functions.

Claim of battery. The duration is very low! Decreases 1% every 3 minutes.

I noticed that the Wifi is using 27% of the battery, and that the "cell waiting" consumes 40%.

The temperature of the cell is high. around 40 º C

What can I do to increase battery life?

Sorry for English. I am Brazilian and not write well in English.

wi-fi must be consuming much battery :huh:

for me,, Data connection off

idling phone

the battery drain only 1% every hour,,

Guest shoarmabakpao

It's not in standard browser, so answer is no.

Look at "Save for ofline reading" I just love that option! If it is not possible to implement into our Froyo then it is okay. But I do like to have that functionality

ICS-Browser-Menu.jpg

Guest nikkotsoi

Look at "Save for ofline reading" I just love that option! If it is not possible to implement into our Froyo then it is okay. But I do like to have that functionality

ICS-Browser-Menu.jpg

you can just edit the ext4.tar.gz yourself with 7-zip

delete the stock browser and put ur own .apk inside

Hi,

I have a problem with sending SMS on every CyanogenMod Beta 1 or 2. I haven´t tried the previews versions. Now I have installed beta 2 and my operator is Vodafone CZ. The SMS center setting is still missing. I have tried the *#*#4636#*#* trick but when I put the number to SMSC field and then press update or refresh it always gives me "update error" or "refresh error". I don´t exactly know what number there must be but I have tried to write all possibilities to the field (SMS centrum number which is +420608005681 (Vodafone CZ) or 00420608005681 and also coded 0791246080006518 - the encoded one). It always gives me the same error. I have also changed the SMS center in WM before I installed the O2Droid. Is there any other way how to check and install SMS center number to O2Droid? Phone and everything is working well and I can recieve SMS messages. And other problem I have with WiFi - it can only find not encrypted networks. My home network with WEP encryption isn´t found even if I try to set it manually.

Can you help me please!

Edited by ElfKaa

Guest synescu

ICS-Browser-Menu.jpg

hy which theme you are using for the bottom bar or is a' app?