[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest eXPerience

ufff, my phone is burning!!!

Maybe I'll install it on internal memory tomorrow XD

EDIT:

Love it! Android vs. WinMobile -> Android Wins!!

Edited by eXPerience

First: thank devs for porting Android to Omnia II and make my phone have more months of life.

Second: I'm having problems to charge the phone. It's taking too long to charge. I put it to charge at 2am with the battery almost ending, at 9am there wore only 91%. And if I connect the charger and continue using the phone after some minutes(maybe 1 hour) the phone turn off. 5 minutes later when I turn him on there is only 1% battery.

Except this battery problem, this beta is very good. It's fast and stable. Still have some bugs, but nothing permanent or serious(WM also have bugs, so no problem). I'm only missing FM Radio and Bluetooth.

Just seem to be one issue, when making or receiving calls ... if we put the phone in the ear, for about 3 or 4 secs, the screen shut down, but never woke back, till we end the call ... I can't access to the call menu anymore ... is that normal?

Just use call light or keepscreen can help you ..or change wakeup key....

Guest rom_omnia2

Everything works great, thanks Devs, but i'm facing a problem with the Launcher Pro and some other applications:

Even with 50+MB of free memory, if i open the "Settings", for example, Launcher Pro closes.

Also happens with Opera, Ebuddy, Twitter. I can't switch between some applications at most of time.

Someone else is facing this problem? Could be this script closing some apps?

Don't use advanced task killer. It has enabled script for that.

Guest rom_omnia2

I give up, don´t work at all, still the pink death screen!!

Are you running Linux? If so, run this command with your device connected so we can se your partitions:

fdisk -l

Post here the result and your startup.txt file.

Guest 13.beta2

voyteckst,

bsbsbs,

Is it possible to bring back SEC dialer and other phone environment?

I mean *#0011*# dialed at Eclair builds launches ServiceApp (same as WM-version) at the same time at Froyo not. Now phone "knows" only HTC-specific service codes. E.g. type *#0*# (SEC factory test app) at phone app - nothing happens. Now clear screen and type *#*#7262626#*#* (HTC fieldtest app) Immediatly after last star entered whole code string is cleared. Which means phone tried to execute only last code.

Guys, please pay attention.

Guest superdupersianz

i have a problem with the proxy sensor, it blanks the screen and stay that way, it is a problem when i call customer service, i need to know how to disable it

p.s. my storage is on p1, tnks vakaloka,

Swipe or tap the screen once, already mentioned by voyteckst few posts back.

Guest Pedro Henrique

i've tryed by linux, by windows... right now neither the beta1 install is working anymore!

Are you running Linux? If so, run this command with your device connected so we can se your partitions:

fdisk -l

Post here the result and your startup.txt file.

Guest sharkam52

hi voyteckst and sandor

iam trying to install chainfire 3d driver

but it says it cannot write to /system

it looks like the /system folder is not writable

can i make it writable ?

and thank you for your great work

Guest combathero

I just installed froyo beta 2 successfully for 1st attempt. First of all, thanks to all of the Developers especially Sandor, voyteckst and Almar who pursue to create stable Android on our Omnia 2. I am really grateful.rolleyes.gif

After I installed everything, I got an issue connecting to my wifi, still obtaining IP address from DHCP to nothing so I tried restart my device, I am able to connect but no internet connection, tried static IP and now works. I guess I need to wait for an update for DHCP client patch issuewink.gif

Edited by combathero

Guest mihai_mihai

Swipe or tap the screen once, already mentioned by voyteckst few posts back.

stop geting smart, and read closer

Try to swipe after phone call through proximity sensor.

i want to acces the keyboard incall not to unlock the phone after i hung up

Guest Pedro Henrique

you where right, now its primary but still the pink screen, now im in ubuntu i've tryed fdisk -l but nothing hapenned!

Edited by Pedro Henrique

Guest Pedro Henrique

you where right...

But now is primary and still the same pink screen...

same thing hapend to me untill i made partitions primary not logical, search the topic u will see

If you are using MyStorage, the edit you have to made is to ... mmcblk1pX, where X is the name of you partition ... you could know what is it, in gparted, when making the partitions ...

Where do I make that edit? I have only MyStorage, no external sd card.In gparted. shows me /dev/sdb1 for fat32 and /dev/sdb2 for ext4 partition.

Edited by TRoN_1

Great! But you have to update your startup:

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

I added these lines to the startup and the Android road very well, but did not notice them or not improved by adding ... which the function of these command lines?

rom_omnia2, one more question ... there is already some way to make root?

Guest frankbel

well ill stop to try to install the beta2, back to wm. next step, buy a native android smartphone.

It's a pity that you give up. The developers did a great job, even if the installation is not easy. I do not know Ubuntu and it was my first attemp to install android on o2. But by carefully following the instructions and the tutorials in this great forum, I succesfully managed to install android. Thanks to everyone.

I used ubuntu to delete all partitions on MyStorage(no external sd card in the phone). With gparted I created 6.64GB fat32(named sdcard) then 1GB ext4(named system) partitions. In ubuntu I extracted ext4.tar to system root(ext4 partition), copied haret.exe and startup.txt to root of fat32 partition. When I run haret, I get the pink screen forever. I tried changing in startup.txt /dev/mmcblk0p2 to 1p2 and both don't work. I do not have an external sd card in the phone. Gparted shows /dev/sdb1 for fat32 and /dev/sdb2 for ext4 partition(the only two partitions).

Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Guest frankbel

One question:

my network operator (H3G Italy) permits data connections only in 3G mode. I tried to connect using my provider network, but the mobile says that there is no connection. So. is 3G connection allowed within this beta release? Or is it "just" limited to GPRS connection (say 2G) and WiFi (working very good for me)?