[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest toumpanos

I used ubuntu to delete all partitions on MyStorage(no external sd card in the phone). With gparted I created 6.64GB fat32(named sdcard) then 1GB ext4(named system) partitions. In ubuntu I extracted ext4.tar to system root(ext4 partition), copied haret.exe and startup.txt to root of fat32 partition. When I run haret, I get the pink screen forever. I tried changing in startup.txt /dev/mmcblk0p2 to 1p2 and both don't work. I do not have an external sd card in the phone. Gparted shows /dev/sdb1 for fat32 and /dev/sdb2 for ext4 partition(the only two partitions).

Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Try mmcblk1p6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you don't succeed try mmcblk1p5 and mmcblk1p7 for the boot address in haret's startup txt! Wait for a minute or two! I think that 'll do the job for you

Try mmcblk1p6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you don't succeed try mmcblk1p5 and mmcblk1p7 for the boot address in haret's startup txt! Wait for a minute or two! I think that 'll do the job for you

I have to wait a few minutes at pink screen?

did you wrote right "logical partition"? Can I do all thatusing mini tool?

sorry ,what do you mean by mini tool? i make partition in ubuntu, i think in windows you can use diskgenius or someone like this

Guys, how long ur batteries can hold? My battery is about 70% before going to bed after I wake up from sleep (six hours), my phone cant be turned on first I thought it was SOD but it because of my battery runs out. very weird sad.gif

Sorry for my bad english..

Edited by xcavs

Guest rom_omnia2

I added these lines to the startup and the Android road very well, but did not notice them or not improved by adding ... which the function of these command lines?

rom_omnia2, one more question ... there is already some way to make root?

Read the first post, Dev's said we have to use these command lines in startup.txt. I guess It's a kernel parameters.

I don't know about root.

Guest Pedro Henrique

But the kind of partition is logical as you said in tutorial?

sorry ,what do you mean by mini tool? i make partition in ubuntu, i think in windows you can use diskgenius or someone like this

Guest Pedro Henrique

Nevermind... already on android logo screen, thank you very much! so far, it's all ok.

How do we know if it's mmcblk1p6 or 1p7 or 0p2 or what?

mmcblkxpy

x is storage number.

If SD card inserted:

x=0 for SD card

x=1 for internal storage

If no SD card inserted:

x=0 for internal storage

y= partition number

If formated as Primary partiton, start from 1..

If formated as Extended logical partition, start from 5..

Right now I notice that the charger was connected, Android said that it was charging, but it wasn't. In few minutes of use the battery went from 7% to 2%. At that moment I restarted the phone and it's on Windows Mobile charging. And I also noticed that when charging he stops charging for some seconds periodically.

Guest calolobo

One question:

my network operator (H3G Italy) permits data connections only in 3G mode. I tried to connect using my provider network, but the mobile says that there is no connection. So. is 3G connection allowed within this beta release? Or is it "just" limited to GPRS connection (say 2G) and WiFi (working very good for me)?

You don't have 3g for data or for calls?

I ask because i don't have calls with this beta 2 (i mean phone line), maybe it is related to 3g? my phone does not have the correct Frequency for my country, so, i only can use 2g.

Guest rom_omnia2

ADB works great...

Linux see my Android as a Storage Volume without install any drive. In Windows, Windows 7 auto installed all drivers (about 4 or 5) with Samsung KIES installed.

Also no SOD and no delay.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest thanh_nha0706

After using a day, I find some positive improvements:

1. Phone runs so smoothly.

2. Wifi works better despite an error. Downloading from Market is super fast...cheer up!

3. Phone is less handled now.

4. The speed of opening and closing an application is much faster.

5. More stable than the previous version.

There are still more improvements. Let's install this beta and enjoy yourself.

Thanks very much. My Omnia 2 is alive again. :)

(sorry for my bad English)

Edited by thanh_nha0706

mmcblkxpy

x is storage number.

If SD card inserted:

x=0 for SD card

x=1 for internal storage

If no SD card inserted:

x=0 for internal storage

y= partition number

If formated as Primary partiton, start from 1..

If formated as Extended logical partition, start from 5..

I used ubuntu to delete all partitions on MyStorage(no external sd card in the phone). With gparted I created primary 6.64GB fat32(named sdcard) then primary 1GB ext4(named system) partitions. In ubuntu I extracted ext4.tar to system root(ext4 partition), copied haret.exe and startup.txt to root of fat32 partition. When I run haret, I get the pink screen forever. I tried changing in startup.txt /dev/mmcblk0p2 to 1p2 and both don't work. I do not have an external sd card in the phone. Gparted shows /dev/sdb1 for fat32 and /dev/sdb2 for ext4 partition(the only two partitions).

Guest voyteckst

hi voyteckst and sandor

iam trying to install chainfire 3d driver

but it says it cannot write to /system

it looks like the /system folder is not writable

can i make it writable ?

and thank you for your great work

What is the purpose of installing it? It doesn't support our GPU and then You will write of course that beta don't work...

I used ubuntu to delete all partitions on MyStorage(no external sd card in the phone). With gparted I created primary 6.64GB fat32(named sdcard) then primary 1GB ext4(named system) partitions. In ubuntu I extracted ext4.tar to system root(ext4 partition), copied haret.exe and startup.txt to root of fat32 partition. When I run haret, I get the pink screen forever. I tried changing in startup.txt /dev/mmcblk0p2 to 1p2 and both don't work. I do not have an external sd card in the phone. Gparted shows /dev/sdb1 for fat32 and /dev/sdb2 for ext4 partition(the only two partitions).

I tried many combinations and cant get it to boot. When I try the debug zImage, it gives me black screen and no response. Anyone else experience this?

Guest voyteckst

hi,voytechst,it can't work in Kore T*omnia2,can you tell me how to do for it ,and how to build the kernel for T*omnia2,thanks

I don't know, becasue it's probably different hardware...

Guest calolobo

You don't have 3g for data or for calls?

I ask because i don't have calls with this beta 2 (i mean phone line), maybe it is related to 3g? my phone does not have the correct Frequency for my country, so, i only can use 2g.

Well, after a lot of test, i make the simple test, change the SIM card for other with other phone company, and it works.. so. i don't what it means but at least phone calls worked for first time.

Hi guys,

i instally beta2 after almost a whole day,now i success and for those who want to install it on my storage,i give a way here,it is ext4 without journal

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

2. download this file and extract it in your my storage

3.put ext4.tar.gz of beta2 in the root of my storage

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

5.delete the files in my storage and put the file below extracted to my storage

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

please do as just what i said,the camera workd well,the file manager can see your my storage,but the time seems to be 1 hour later,and more things to be tested

ps:thank devs and all of you,i am so happy now with beta2's success :D .

installing android in linux almost makes me crazy!!!!!!

Currently, I'm trying out this set-up method. But when haret is trying installing beta2, it can't find the ext4.tar.gz. Anybody knows why?

P.S. ext4.tar.gz is already in My Storage.

Edit: The installor said that ext4.tar.gz is unable to find in main storage.

Edited by AnYhOw

Guest voyteckst

Currently, I'm trying out this set-up method. But when haret is trying installing beta2, it can't find the ext4.tar.gz. Anybody knows why?

P.S. ext4.tar.gz is already in My Storage.

IS My Storage for You mmcblk1p5??? If not, You have to modify installer.