[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest calolobo

Mr. Voyteckst, sorry to bother you, there is a possible solution to my problem?

Using froyo beta 2, i have no signal with any SIM card from my phone company, just works with SIM card from the other. Just as information with the SIM that works signal strength is -81 dBm and 16 asu, and the other that does not work (-115 or -180dBm and -1 asu)

weird thing, i have signal on Winmo and i had before with first beta.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Calo

new beta is working almost perfect

although i have 2 problems

first when some one calls it takes too long for screen to wake

and some times freezes

but this might be due to ext4 partition im not sure

i will create a new one in sd card just to test

does anyone else have the same problem ?

Firstly i would like to thank the Devs for their effort.

After a 24h use i can say that there are a lot of imrovements but there is also a great problem. The problem is the lconsumed memory.With the same apks installed as beta1, now there is 6 mb free.The phone wont work.

Anyone having the same problem????

Guest jackyaway

for people who have the pinks screen problem, i have noticed that the problem is in the partition. In my specific case the pink screen disappeared after i changed the size of my SD partition from 1000MB to 1024MB. I hope this can help some of you.

Thank you so much DEV Team!!!

Guest zhengsam

new beta is working almost perfect

although i have 2 problems

first when some one calls it takes too long for screen to wake

and some times freezes

but this might be due to ext4 partition im not sure

i will create a new one in sd card just to test

does anyone else have the same problem ?

same problem!!!!

Guest carlospaco

Guys, how long ur batteries can hold? My battery is about 70% before going to bed after I wake up from sleep (six hours), my phone cant be turned on first I thought it was SOD but it because of my battery runs out. very weird sad.gif

Sorry for my bad english..

Hello, I have android know for 1 day and night. Yesterday night i have put my phone on flight mode at 22.00 hour till this morning 08:00 hour , TEN hours and the battery went from 86% till 81%. I think thats very good, but on standby it goes alot faster. Will setcpu help this problem?

For the rest is everything working very well,very fast,till know no SOD ore Freezings, except that wifi doesn't connect after the first time and the graphics are worse then Beta 1. Can we update it with the drivers from Beta 1.

And the phone needs alot off time for charging.

But except that is great to have android , Thanks to you ALL who worked on this.

This version works way better than the last one on my phone. In general the performance of the phone is faster and there are (until now) no freezes or SODs.

About the Wi-fi bug: In the advanced options of WiFi there is a option to select the power saving settings. By default is set to put the WiFi in Standby if the screenf goes off, which I think could be the cause of the problem. Setting it to no powersaving should do the trick (but it will consume more energy while in standby). After this I didn't have more problems, but maybe I get a wifi freeze today don't know...

Another thing I notice is that charging now takes a lot of time, it is not a big deal anyway, but my Omnia couldn't complete the charge in the whole night. Also is true that battery goes down slowly when using the phone. I still hadn't test in standby.

About memory handling: for me now is way better, I can always see at least 50 free MB, and with the last one I could only have around 25 without task managing software. It is true also that the programs normaly doesn't stay on the background but are directly killed.

Edited by dabiz

Hello, I have android know for 1 day and night. Yesterday night i have put my phone on flight mode at 22.00 hour till this morning 08:00 hour , TEN hours and the battery went from 86% till 81%. I think thats very good, but on standby it goes alot faster. Will setcpu help this problem?

For the rest is everything working very well,very fast,till know no SOD ore Freezings, except that wifi doesn't connect after the first time and the graphics are worse then Beta 1. Can we update it with the drivers from Beta 1.

And the phone needs alot off time for charging.

But except that is great to have android , Thanks to you ALL who worked on this.

Sorry for my last post, I just get a few bugs in my first boot, but in the second boot has no problem anymore... laugh.gif Yeah agree that graphics is worse than beta1..

Guest hirophang

WHY I STILL STUCK IN PINK SCREEN!!!

i have try all the thing i could do, using ubuntu, or using andylau simple way,

but why IT STILL STUCK STUCK STUCK AT PINK SCREEN?????

WHY I STILL STUCK IN PINK SCREEN!!!

i have try all the thing i could do, using ubuntu, or using andylau simple way,

but why IT STILL STUCK STUCK STUCK AT PINK SCREEN?????

Download this for windows is veri good

http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html?part=dl-6285158&subj=dl&tag=button

dilete ol partition from my storage

create your fat 32 (1024,64 mb) incase my storage is 2gb /

ext3 partition(925,62mb)

its izyest to leibal your partitionfat32(DISK0) , ext4(disk)

aplay end exit

go tho ubuntu en format (disk)from ext3to ext4

extract beta2 in sam foldar en copy alfails in your DISK0

open terminal:

where

DISK0 = fat321

disk=ext4

1 - write the following command line(always respect all the spaces and all /) - (or you can copy andpaste it on the terminal, via the menu Edit -> Paste)

sudo cp / media/DISK0/ext4.tar.gz /media / disk /

press enter and wait for the completionof the operation (blinking cursor)

2 - write the following command

cd / media / disk /

and press enter

3- type the following command line (oryou can copy and paste it on the terminal, via the edit menu ->paste):

sudo tar xzvf ext4.tar . gz-C / media/ disk

and press enter

. Start the decompression of files onext4 partition. Wait until the operation completes (blinking cursor)

4 - write the following command lineand press enter

sudo rm ext4.tar.gz

5 - write the following command

sudo chmod 777 / media / disk /

6-clouse terminal

mast by mmcblk1p6

Edited by synescu

Guest hirophang

Download this for windows is veri good

http://download.cnet...rtition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html?part=dl-6285158&subj=dl&tag=button

dilete ol partition from my storage

create your fat 32 (1024,64 mb) incase my storage is 2gb /

ext3 partition(925,62mb)

its izyest to leibal your partitionfat32(DISK0) , ext4(disk)

aplay end exit

go tho ubuntu en format (disk)from ext3to ext4

extract beta2 in sam foldar en copy alfails in your DISK0

open terminal:

where

DISK0 = fat321

disk=ext4

1 - write the following command line(always respect all the spaces and all /) - (or you can copy andpaste it on the terminal, via the menu Edit -> Paste)

sudo cp / media/DISK0/ext4.tar.gz /media / disk /

press enter and wait for the completionof the operation (blinking cursor)

2 - write the following command

cd / media / disk /

and press enter

3- type the following command line (oryou can copy and paste it on the terminal, via the edit menu ->paste):

sudo tar xzvf ext4.tar . gz-C / media/ disk

and press enter

. Start the decompression of files onext4 partition. Wait until the operation completes (blinking cursor)

4 - write the following command lineand press enter

sudo rm ext4.tar.gz

5 - write the following command

sudo chmod 777 / media / disk /

6-clouse terminal

mast by mmcblk1p6

THANKS FOR THE SOLUTION,

I GO TO HAVE A TRY FIRST...

IS My Storage for You mmcblk1p5??? If not, You have to modify installer.

Sorry voyteckst,

i dont know that this is correct thread for this answer, but if i have to modify the installer what i've to do ?

Which corrections i've to do in which files... My 2 partition now in the internal storage are detected with mmcblk1p1 (FAT 32) and mmcblk1p2 (Ext 4) label, so i cant mount the correct partition for start android.

I cant have the possibility to make a different detection from the installer loop. There are some file to modify i think but which ?

Thank for all....

Guest voyteckst

@Devs

The earphone is a bit loud for me, and if i try to lower the volume, it doesn't give any sound. Any suggestion? :)

Have to check this. We tested only that it works.

Guest sharkam52

hello voyteckst

i know that chainfire 3d will most likely not work on this beta

but i like to try new things

and i think there is no harm in trying

anyway thank you for your answer

Guest nemesis81

You know, we managed to run android on omnia, when the half of the device driver were missing

It did strange things, sometime freezes....

for b7610 when you got unhealth battery message that means the battery temperature sensor is on different adc channel

(different HW) and you got the touchscreen adc value as battery temperature. Everything works but not correctly.

And it is not complicate to fix if you know the hw and know which adc channel is for battery temperature.

In this omnia kernel we managed to set all device driver set correctly according to the real hw.

If you had the hw schematics for b7610 it could be easy to change this kernel, because the difference it not to big

(I do not have)

Only some gpios are different, different wlan chip on sdio interface not spi....

That is what I am realizing more and more on this very moment :)

Same issue here. I knew it probably wouldn't work, but its amazingly stable.

I've tried fiddeling around with the o2b2update, wich has the keymaps for the b7610, but due to differences in the zImage file no luck so far.:(

edit: post didn't make sense.

Edited by nemesis81

Guest Pazuzu666

I've been trying to install the new froyo for a while now, but I'm not getting anywhere. My PC is running windows, and I used Minitool partition wizard to create a 1024mb ext4 partition and the rest of my 8 gb sdcard are fat32. But as soon as I have 2 partitions on my sdcard, windows won't recognise it anymore, so i can't put froyo on it. So I then put the sdcard in my phone, connected it to the pc, but all i get is one partition on the sd card, the ext4 one. Could somebody please tell me how I can solve the problem and get froyo up and runnin?

thank you